Main Menu

A Message From Our Chairman

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 18, 2018, 10:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: nose returns on June 20, 2018, 03:59:57 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on June 20, 2018, 11:57:12 AM
Quote from: nose returns on June 20, 2018, 11:54:02 AM
I am amazed. I am usually the critical one but it seems to me this was genuinely a very nice personal message. Just saying he is one of us and enjoying the moment... i would have done the same. He doesn't need to say any more or less, i enjoyed his comments and am pleased he wrote them. In truth i was encouraged because it sounds like he is hooked!
Hi nose.  Welcome back.  I think it is you who has been hooked....

I have been hooked for years.... not sure I have recovered my previous cutting edge yet
getting to wembley and winning a massive one off game was a rare privilege I am still shell shocked.
After the game (and diner at a rather nice restaurant we found near wembley stadium) I drove straight to the cottage, it was something I had to do and made not taking public transport seem a good idea (which it wasn't). I just had to go there and was pleased there were at least 8 other in a state of dubious sobriety.
I think the chairman's message was the equivalent of me driving to the ground, something he felt he had to do.
Nice to be remembered by a few people on here. not sure I like my new AKA, may yet change it to something more pithy.

I was really sad when you 'left' because I really did feel I understood and empathised with your unstated reasons for doing so. 

I do get the Khan love in and people trying to turn him into something he is not - a deeply passionate Fulham supporter through and through.  I also understand why he wants to deepen that belief if he can do so.  I believe it is called mirroring in psychology and is a way we, often unwisely, interact to gain approval in both directions, like apes socially scratch each others backs.  The problem is it only has the potential to be skin deep (often in both directions) and the very people who are now deeply in love with the man will be first to turn against him when the time comes.  I am pragmatic simply because I have met far too many skin deep people to care a hoot about or for any of them.  My sentiments are far too deep to be so petty in changing my opinions about anyone.  As an example I have strongly supported SJ the whole way through his tenure here because I see a real professional at work and that is getting rarer in football these days.  Having deeper views means it takes a long while for me to develop belief and trust in people meaning I my mind doesn't change on a whim or fancy.   I don't have trust and belief in Khan Senior although I do regard him more highly than his Son.  There are things about the Khans that simply do not add up in my mind and until I am convinced otherwise they are simply the present custodians of a Club I fell in love with as a very young kid a very long time ago.   To me the postcard doesn't say 'Wish you were here' it says 'Glad you are not here' i.e. it is excluding all those who don't get what I am trying to prove to you guys.....

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on June 20, 2018, 08:14:41 PM
I am amazed. I am usually the critical one but it seems to me this was genuinely a very nice personal message. Just saying he is one of us and enjoying the moment... i would have done the same. He doesn't need to say any more or less, i enjoyed his comments and am pleased he wrote them. In truth i was encouraged because it sounds like he is hooked!

I have been hooked for years.... not sure I have recovered my previous cutting edge yet
getting to wembley and winning a massive one off game was a rare privilege I am still shell shocked.
After the game (and diner at a rather nice restaurant we found near wembley stadium) I drove straight to the cottage, it was something I had to do and made not taking public transport seem a good idea (which it wasn't). I just had to go there and was pleased there were at least 8 other in a state of dubious sobriety.
I think the chairman's message was the equivalent of me driving to the ground, something he felt he had to do.
Nice to be remembered by a few people on here. not sure I like my new AKA, may yet change it to something more pithy.

I was really sad when you 'left' because I really did feel I understood and empathised with your unstated reasons for doing so. 

I do get the Khan love in and people trying to turn him into something he is not - a deeply passionate Fulham supporter through and through.  I also understand why he wants to deepen that belief if he can do so.  I believe it is called mirroring in psychology and is a way we, often unwisely, interact to gain approval in both directions, like apes socially scratch each others backs.  The problem is it only has the potential to be skin deep (often in both directions) and the very people who are now deeply in love with the man will be first to turn against him when the time comes.  I am pragmatic simply because I have met far too many skin deep people to care a hoot about or for any of them.  My sentiments are far too deep to be so petty in changing my opinions about anyone.  As an example I have strongly supported SJ the whole way through his tenure here because I see a real professional at work and that is getting rarer in football these days.  Having deeper views means it takes a long while for me to develop belief and trust in people meaning I my mind doesn't change on a whim or fancy.   I don't have trust and belief in Khan Senior although I do regard him more highly than his Son.  There are things about the Khans that simply do not add up in my mind and until I am convinced otherwise they are simply the present custodians of a Club I fell in love with as a very young kid a very long time ago.   To me the postcard doesn't say 'Wish you were here' it says 'Glad you are not here' i.e. it is excluding all those who don't get what I am trying to prove to you guys.....
Very forthright comments, would be interesting to know what things "simply do not add up" I think I would hate to be a friend of yours having to prove myself every day to gain a morsel of trust
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Yes, the Khans are primarily businessmen, and that is the main reason for buying the club, but they are also human-beings, and I can easily see how they could actually  become fans, and take immense  pleasure and satisfaction in our success.

How  great must it be to have a business project in a foreign country, in traditional club in a sport integral to that country's culture,  that you have invested time and money in, with a family member actually very much involved, to achieve success as Fulham did last season, and to know that you played a major part in this.

The Old Count

Welcome back Nose. Good to have you back - spreading the love.

nose returns

Quote from: The Old Count on June 22, 2018, 10:30:09 AM

Welcome back Nose. Good to have you back - spreading the love.

thank you for the kind words. I think the win at wembley was a good catalyst for returning

toshes mate

Quote from: alfie on June 22, 2018, 09:56:34 AM

Very forthright comments, would be interesting to know what things "simply do not add up" I think I would hate to be a friend of yours having to prove myself every day to gain a morsel of trust

I have never had a friend who has charged me an admission fee on every visit.