Main Menu

Lucky England

Started by The Swan, June 18, 2018, 08:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Late goal by Kane gets England the win. I can't see England getting very far
The Swan

fulhamben

Agreed, when you have players like henderson, sterling, linguard, walker, and young in your team, you are always on borrowed time
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

gezkc

Quote from: The Swan on June 18, 2018, 08:57:32 PM
Late goal by Kane gets England the win. I can't see England getting very far

I wouldn't say England were lucky. Could justifiably have had 2 penalties and had by far the better chances.
The Tunisians were very cynical - God knows what the point of VAR is!

Steven Ageroad

Fulham have played teams like Tunisia over the past season, teams from the lower part of the Championship, they don't want to play football they just want to survive and employ all the tactics known within the law to spoil the game of football. England won, football won.

Andyb

Andyb

Deserved the win, we will only get better

SP

What a relief gaining the valuable 3 points.  I felt like a Villa fan waiting for my team to score in a Wembley final.

Woolly Mammoth

What an absolute load of rubbish saying England were lucky.
We thoroughly deserved it.
The referee was Tunisia's best player.
We should have been 3 0 up at half time, their penalty was a joke, we should have had two nailed on penalty's.  Tunisia never had a shot on goal, all they did was foul. Where was VAR.
England kept going never gave up, and the first 90 + minutes are the most important.
My only criticism is that we should have been more clinical, and Ruben Loftes Cheek should have come  on earlier.
England won tonight, and so did football.
Well deserved well done England. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 18, 2018, 09:25:53 PM
We should have been 3 0 up at half time, their penalty was a joke, we should have had two nailed on penalty's.  Tunisia never had a shot on goal, all they did was foul. Where was VAR.
England kept going never gave up, and the first 90 + minutes are the most important.
My only criticism is that we should have been more clinical, and Ruben Loftes Cheek should have come  on earlier.

Good post.

SP

Perhaps the VAR panel was made up of Scottish, Welsh & Irish officials!

colinwhite

F.luke

Agreed. Lucky ! What rubbish we by far the better team unlucky not to win by 3

hovewhite

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on June 18, 2018, 09:29:42 PM

Good post.
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on June 18, 2018, 09:29:42 PM

Good post.
likewise.
England played well and good to see them force deserved victory.Keep it up England.

Lighthouse

Well we deserved the win despite a poorer second half. A young team whom I couldn't name which clubs half of them come from. The referee was poor and VAR missed two England penalties. So a narrow late win but not lucky.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sgt Fulham

What a joke this post is. Either enjoy it or at least quit your whinging. Great result. Fully deserved.

YankeeJim

England looked very much like Fulham did this past season, clearly the better team but seemed to be missing something. Even so, a win is a win and Panama will surely be deflated in the next match. Besides, Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany and France all looked below par. I'm still calling for Iceland to win it all!

Its just the first game.  The second and third tier teams come in all charged up and play above themselves. That and these refs they dig up are abysmal. The guy today was poor. The ref in the Panama-Belgian match was even worse. He never saw a Belgian dive he didn't like.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Twig

Spot on. My wife who is very level headed and fair was claiming the ref must have been bribed and was cursing corruption in FIFA!

F(f)CUK

Should have put the game to bed within the first fifteen minutes. So many chances. We can only get better. Three points is better than Germany, Spain, Brazil, Portugal, all of whom have got less, and we play Panama next.

mrmicawbers

Very dodgy officiating.It does make you wonder.

Steeeeeeeeeed

It was a very good performance for the first thirty minutes, and then 60 mins of dullness, and then 3 minutes of Goodness.

Overall a good result for England, they can take positives from the first thirty minutes, I think Rashford looked good when he come on and should start ahead of Sterling. The last minute winner for England is very unusual and two goals for our striker and captain is great to see.

Negatives though, Lindegarrds finishing, blooming Eck.