News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who has impressed you from the World Cup?

Started by Mokes, June 19, 2018, 01:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mokes

I know that judging players on cup performances isn't the smartest way to look for players to buy (ie Ragnar) but it's always fun seeing players you don't know much/anything about playing amazingly well for their country against superstar players they would never face.

For me it's been the goal keeping that has stood out the most Ochoa from Mexico, Halldorsson from Iceland, and the South Korean guy Hyun-Woo have all been fantastic. The Panamanian Keeper was solid too but was always going to be up against it v Belgium.

Forever Fulham

Mexico: at least half the team played inspired football.
Brazil: Poor Neymar got the   bejesus kicked out of him.  Can't remember the last World Cup where a single player got such treatment from the other team.  Disgraceful. 

HanseatUK

Harry Kane: 2 goals from 3 shots on goal in the first game. That is a cracking performance and he ensured that England won the game.
He should have more space in the next games when defenders won't try to engage in wrestling with him so we will continue scoring.

toshes mate

Mexico for me.  Inspired and inspiring football from a team who just refused to subscribe to Germany's play at our pace philosophy.

Looking forward to watching the last four teams play their games today and perhaps see the Russian team being given a game for a change.

Lighthouse

The two Australian centre backs were impressive. Looked very accomplished.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bog

Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 19, 2018, 01:30:15 AM
Brazil: Poor Neymar got the   bejesus kicked out of him.  Can't remember the last World Cup where a single player got such treatment from the other team.  Disgraceful.

Pele in '66'?

092.gif

nose returns

Quote from: bog on June 19, 2018, 10:42:01 AM

Pele in '66'?

092.gif

i think players stayed on their feet in those days and didn't fall over every time the wind changes direction. Pele was genuinely and disgracefully kicked out of that tournament. Neymar dives and falls over as soon as he is actually touched (and even when he isn't). In comparison with the treatment pele got, neymar was hardly savaged at all.

VancouverWhite

Quote from: nose returns on June 19, 2018, 04:03:47 PM
Quote from: bog on June 19, 2018, 10:42:01 AM

Pele in '66'?

092.gif

i think players stayed on their feet in those days and didn't fall over every time the wind changes direction. Pele was genuinely and disgracefully kicked out of that tournament. Neymar dives and falls over as soon as he is actually touched (and even when he isn't). In comparison with the treatment pele got, neymar was hardly savaged at all.

Agreed, the diving has gotten so out of hand. Even Kane dove a few times trying to draw a penalty.

Texas White

The Swiss has some good solid players. I think they broke up the play really well.

Camel Club

The bloke playing up front for Serbia looked as though he might have something about him.

Burt

Just between you and me, Ronaldo seems to be on a mission. The intensity as he waited to take the free kick that made it 3-3 v. Spain was something else. You just knew he was going to score.

From a team perspective, Mexico have been a breath of fresh air.

And I've got to say Colombia, as I drew them in the office sweepstake. Losing to Japan is all part of their plan.

LondonCalling

Quote from: Camel Club on June 19, 2018, 04:54:23 PM
The bloke playing up front for Serbia looked as though he might have something about him.

Mitro  064.gif
but there is another one from Serbian team - Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (both ManUtd & City, Juventus, Real Madrid etc..interesting about him)

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I was delighted with the England win but at the same time I was screaming at the screen about the terrible marking for Kane's second goal.
They had been climbing all over him and yet for that final corner they had no one on the goalpost or picking up Kane.
It reminded me of our teams defending of corners earlier in the season.

On a separate point this Polish midfielder who I cannot spell and some of the press have us interested in gave away a terrible goal today and then scored with his head.
I cannot comment on his overall performance as I did not see much of the game.

aaronmcguigan

the only person who's impressed me is Patrice Evra. Taking 37 years before realising women have brains is some achievement

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

Ragnar Siggurdson.... perhaps we could buy him?

WokinghamWhite

Mexico. Their tactics completely bamboozled the Germans.