watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2018-19 Fixtures and how hard

Started by MJG, June 21, 2018, 09:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

An early look at how hard our fixtures will be based on where teams finished last year (Promoted teams take 18/19/20).
The higher the number the easier the run of games.
I'll update prior to the season starting and use betting odds as teams make more transfers (or any transfer).

Just the views of a long term fan

filham

It is much simpler than all of that, regard all games against the top six as virtual write offs with any points picked up regarded as a  bonus, all other matches are must win games which we must sweat blood in order to pick up points.

YoungsBitter

Sorry Mike, I am being thick but I do not get this. is it the next 5 games or the prior 5 games? How is the score compiled? I get that it gets better after Man City is out of the way and next game is Watford but then it gets better again when away to Everton?
Like I said, I am obviously missing the instruction manual for this!
Quark, strangeness and charm

b+w geezer

Quote from: filham on June 21, 2018, 05:11:14 PM
It is much simpler than all of that, regard all games against the top six as virtual write offs with any points picked up regarded as a  bonus, all other matches are must win games which we must sweat blood in order to pick up points.
You don't mean that literally I realise (win 10 of those 26 and you are likely to survive) but the spirit of it is dismayingly realistic for a first season back. Will be great if our progress allows for a sunnier take on things by December/Jan, and maybe it will, but initially it's frankly as you say.

MJG

Quote from: YoungsBitter on June 21, 2018, 10:47:29 PM
Sorry Mike, I am being thick but I do not get this. is it the next 5 games or the prior 5 games? How is the score compiled? I get that it gets better after Man City is out of the way and next game is Watford but then it gets better again when away to Everton?
Like I said, I am obviously missing the instruction manual for this!
It's the previous running games and including the game the number is against.
So the five game run from Palace to City gives an avg position of 7.4.
Then you take the Palace game off the list and add Watford and it becomes 8. Making it a slightly easier run of games from game 2-6 than 1-5.

MJG

Quote from: b+w geezer on June 21, 2018, 11:49:37 PM
Quote from: filham on June 21, 2018, 05:11:14 PM
You don't mean that literally I realise (win 10 of those 26 and you are likely to survive) but the spirit of it is dismayingly realistic for a first season back. Will be great if our progress allows for a sunnier take on things by December/Jan, and maybe it will, but initially it's frankly as you say.
For once I tend to agree with the poster. I did a poll online and the majority expect us to only get somewhere between 4-8 points from the twelve games against the top six.

toshes mate

If we win all our home games it is job done.  Even if we win only fourteen of the nineteen games we should be OK.  We need to be strong at home and competitive away, much like last season, but we need to start the season at the first game and not after three months or so. 

VicHalomsLovechild

If you're winning one week and losing the next that doesn't bode well. I'd much prefer us to be consistent. Then the amount of tinkering to the game plan is minimal and more a case of tightening up than would be the case if we get into the win lose situations we used to find ourselves in during the last few seasons in the Premiership.

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on June 22, 2018, 07:54:41 AM
If we win all our home games it is job done.  Even if we win only fourteen of the nineteen games we should be OK.  We need to be strong at home and competitive away, much like last season, but we need to start the season at the first game and not after three months or so.
14 was the maximum we ever won before in the league doing it four times out of the 13 years. We have to target at least 11 wins and a few draws I reckon.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on June 22, 2018, 08:26:53 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on June 22, 2018, 07:54:41 AM
14 was the maximum we ever won before in the league doing it four times out of the 13 years. We have to target at least 11 wins and a few draws I reckon.
Kind of Fulham history not to be strong enough at home to carry the season to maximum effect apart from the odd blips here and there.  Be a good time to acquire a new habit, huh.

filham

I think MJG has designs on becoming Fulham's next Stat's Boy.

Lyle from Hangeland

I love the schedule. Looks quite balanced to me.