A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The big question

Started by Classic94, July 08, 2018, 11:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many signings do you EXPECT the club to make next week?

None
12 (19.7%)
14 (23%)
14 (23%)
3 or more
21 (34.4%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: July 11, 2018, 11:20:42 AM

Classic94

With roughly 5 weeks until kick off, it's widely accepted that we must start recruiting new players to boost what is a painfully thin squad short on numbers and quality. For as long as I can remember, we've rarely moved quickly to secure targets in lieu of pre-season but hoped a shortened window may have injected some urgency into our business.

Of course, there's an argument for patience to ensure the right faces are brought in. Equally, transfers often follow a domino-effect such as the ongoing Mitrovic saga. I get this, but surely now more than before, signings will need time to settle or else we risk another slow start. At our new level, this could be disastorous and, in my opinion, completely unforgivable. Personally, I'm expecting two new faces next week or else the French venture may as well be a wine tasting trip. Interested to see your thoughts?

aaronmcguigan

Some good points and obviously echo the point around patience needed in a transfer window. It does however render useless a pre season tour which above fitness, is for team bonding and integrating new signings. It was painfully obvious that fonte and kamara  weren't on the teams wavelength at the start of the season.

However I would rather wait until deadline day for a Mitroglou Than ending up signing Chris Martin, Cyriac etc tomorrow .
We've let a few strikers go out on loan and I wouldn't mind if the club focused on clearing deadwood before signing first teamers. Surely the likes of Cisse, Woodrow, Djalo have no place in the premier league.

Holders

The same pressures that militate in favour of deals in the last day(s) of the window will still apply, albeit they will now take place before the season starts. Time will have been lost due to the WC and players taking some leave after their sides went out but we should now start to see more action - like a new contract for Sess, signing some of last season's loanees and, of course, the new signings we all want.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

The theme in this post is becoming repetitive but never the less desperately true and deserves attention.
Remember we have lost Fredericks, while Kalas, Targett and Mitrovic have yet to be signed and so we are at the moment 4 players down from the great team that played at Wembley. To survive we need to build on the team that played at Wembley.

Less than 5 weeks to the start and the first match at the Cottage is really a must win game.

I hear alarm bells ringing.

hovewhite

Last couple seasons notorious slow starters this season bottom of premier league after 6 games and you have a long way to recover!

The Rock

I think what is more interesting is total signings.

The fact that the window closes before the season starts and we are minus 2 players so far is amazing. 1 month and 2 days away and we can't field a starting 11!

David I

So what happens when the powers that be have held back from making obscene offers an refuse to have our pants pulled down when the transfer window slams shut on the 9th?
Last minute deals for anybody with a pair of boots for excessive £££s?

Other clubs have signed players....

Held back at the start of last two season because of late signings and players gelling tactically... It took Ream a season before being irreplaceable!!!

Thread bare squad unable to change after the 9th.. Could be cast adrift by Christmas.

Baszab

So is Khan going to take the money and let FFC be "sustainable" ?

If so, best to bet your house on us going down after one season

MrFFC

I think Fulham will sign between 6-8 players this window. Have a feeling Steven Sessegnon , Matt O'Riley & Luca De La Torre will also help boost the squad as that's what the academy is for. I agree some movement needs to happen. I hope to see 2 in this week. Maybe Mitrovic & Kalas?
Come on you Whites!! :)

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: David I on July 08, 2018, 10:07:56 PM

Thread bare squad unable to change after the 9th.. Could be cast adrift by Christmas.

our strategy is going 23 games unbeaten from christmas though, so we're granddddd!

David I

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 08, 2018, 10:47:52 PM
Quote from: David I on July 08, 2018, 10:07:56 PM

our strategy is going 23 games unbeaten from christmas though, so we're granddddd!

Your probably not too Far wrong with that expectation,  however, different ball game in the Prem - hence why we are third favourites for relegation....15/8 just above Cardiff and Huddlefield... Even the bookies believe BRIGHTON have a better chance of staying up
Just absorb that for a minute........

Porthogs FC

We will loan in 2 players. I believe we have 12 players that are either squad or better, and likely 2-3 youth that can be third liners. This means we will likely recruit 10 or so this window. 15 is too many.

Twig

I have said consistently that we need to have several important signings completed by this Friday 13th.  By that I mean at least 4 (of the min. 12 I believe we need). Do I expect that to happen? Unfortunately, no.

I voted one.

I predict a hopeless prep season and a chaotic start with a team of strangers playing together.

FFC-Aussie

Lads - any word / whispers on potential signings ? I'm getting hungry for some transfer action..

Woolly Mammoth

Can someone remind me how long do the parachute payments last once a club gets relegated ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Constantly hearing about who we're supposed to be interested in,last count was 22 players since window opened and yet no activity.
Krul was supposed to have been done and dusted and that has gone cold.
But as were Fulham we have come to expect slow business, just look at the new strip carry on every season,nearly all with Adidas have their strip(Chelski last game of last season),but as usual ours is nowhere to be seen..Is it the club or is it Adidas saying let's get everyone's strip designed and leave Fulham's to last again.😵

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on July 08, 2018, 02:49:34 PM
It needs to be 3 or more, and I very deliberately use the word "need"

Normally we make 10-15 signings per summer window and this year, with us having stepped up a division and also having been so reliant on loans last year, it's clearly going to be near the upper end of that range.

The window closes in 32 days. Do the maths on that - we literally need to be signing 3 or more players per week, every week, for the remainder of the window. That's almost a signing every other day, for the next month. FFS!!!

Absolutely concur with this and would add the rider that any major signings, permanent or loans, need to be done in the next two weeks if our coaching staff are to have a chance of hitting the ground running in August.

Classic94

Quote from: Statto on July 08, 2018, 02:49:34 PM
It needs to be 3 or more, and I very deliberately use the word "need"

Normally we make 10-15 signings per summer window and this year, with us having stepped up a division and also having been so reliant on loans last year, it's clearly going to be near the upper end of that range.

The window closes in 32 days. Do the maths on that - we literally need to be signing 3 or more players per week, every week, for the remainder of the window. That's almost a signing every other day, for the next month. FFS!!!

Hard to disagree with this to be honest. Certainly, the next week is absolutely crucial - especially when you consider the likes of Button, Djalo, Cisse and Woodrow are still part of the first team squad. We've had a poor window if any of the above feature against Palace.

Woolly Mammoth

There is certainly cause for concern, and I keep telling myself that they are on the case, and there is nothing to worry about, and it will be happy days. 
But then I remember, that's what Ned Baker thought before they hung him in 1754 for alledgedly stealing a loaf of bread.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.