watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Bruce interview.....

Started by howitis, July 10, 2018, 11:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Just watched Steve Bruce interview with Sky. Villa's financial problems are severe. Need to raise £40m just to comply with financial fairplay. SB openly admitting that Grealish, Chester, Kodjia all need to be sold. His fear is that Villa financial plight will mean that other clubs wait until the final days of transfer window to put in derisory offers for their key players in the knowledge that they have to sell.

Perhaps this is an opportunity for us to pitch a "fair" price now for any key players that we feel could add to our squad. Make the offer with a reply required within a set time period eg. 48 hours.

£25m for Grealish and Chester ?

Roberty

This is why their CEO was fired, once it's out in the open no-one is going to pay top dollar
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Roberty

How much do you think Ross will fetch

Máybe they will need to keep him so the won't need to settle up with us
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Lighthouse

This is what one goal can do at the right time. As some famous matador once said. " 'I'll buy you a house or I'll dress you in mourning".  - Success and failure are so very close to each other. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whitesideup

I am still unsure about the value of Grealish. He has good feet and can beat a player, that much we know, but I have not seen him run a game from midfield in the way that say Cearney can, or Murphy used to. Or is he more of an attacking midfielder,  a kind of no.10 but a bit further back? Having only seen him play live once, I find it difficult to asses just how good he is ...or could become.

S.F.Sorrow

If we get Mitrovic I wouldn't mind Kodjia as a backup.

Count Flapula

Quote from: Roberty on July 10, 2018, 11:43:35 AM
How much do you think Ross will fetch

Máybe they will need to keep him so the won't need to settle up with us

They will need to settle up with us whether he stays or goes - if the £6m reporter is true then maybe they will factor that into any fee / payments if we took Grealish. IF (still a big IF) we get Seri then I see no need for Grealish. Is we don't get Seri then Grealish would be a good purchase for the right price.

fulhamben

Quote from: Whitesideup on July 10, 2018, 12:59:34 PM
I am still unsure about the value of Grealish. He has good feet and can beat a player, that much we know, but I have not seen him run a game from midfield in the way that say Cearney can, or Murphy used to. Or is he more of an attacking midfielder,  a kind of no.10 but a bit further back? Having only seen him play live once, I find it difficult to asses just how good he is ...or could become.
judging by how bad his finishing was in the final, I'm going to say he is a goal keeper who was asked to play in the middle to help out.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

gurru991

Quote from: howitis on July 10, 2018, 11:37:20 AM
Just watched Steve Bruce interview with Sky. Villa's financial problems are severe. Need to raise £40m just to comply with financial fairplay. SB openly admitting that Grealish, Chester, Kodjia all need to be sold. His fear is that Villa financial plight will mean that other clubs wait until the final days of transfer window to put in derisory offers for their key players in the knowledge that they have to sell.

Perhaps this is an opportunity for us to pitch a "fair" price now for any key players that we feel could add to our squad. Make the offer with a reply required within a set time period eg. 48 hours.

Villa have got themselves into a hell of a mess. It bothers me that irresponsible owners roll the dice for Premier League money with very little concern for the long term future of the club.

fulhamben

Quote from: gurru991 on July 10, 2018, 04:12:56 PM

Villa have got themselves into a hell of a mess. It bothers me that irresponsible owners roll the dice for Premier League money with very little concern for the long term future of the club.
to be fair, not only did we actually get an embargo for breaching ffp, but I bet we might have been close to being in a bit of a mess ourselves had we not gone up. Granted our chairman could easily cover it had he wanted to,  but we really are in  a he without sin cast the first stone territory here
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Milo

£20-25m for Grealish is a reasonable twist that he will become a Prem player potentially at international level.

Nero

Quote from: gurru991 on July 10, 2018, 04:12:56 PM

But this is were FFP is working its forcing Villa to sell players so they don't go pop, but to be fair if I was Villa Id be saying will pay when QPR do