Seri Deal DONE??

Started by Horsfield_No9, July 10, 2018, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: Whitesideup on July 10, 2018, 01:04:38 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 10, 2018, 12:59:45 PM
Quote from: Deuce on July 10, 2018, 12:51:50 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 10, 2018, 12:46:04 PM
Not sure why this is a massive coup. He has in the past been linked to all the big clubs but has never happened. If and it remains an 'if' he does sign. It still leaves all the positions we HAVE to fill to be filled. But at least it shows things are moving. A lot of money though and we are never that successful with expensive signings.
Well, it being a massive signing or not has nothing to do with the fact that we need to strenghen other positions as well, dont understand the logic in brining that up.
Hes been one of the best midfielders in Ligue 1 past seasons (excluding players from PSG).

Jesus Christ people just want an argument. The squad needs improvement up  front and in defence. We literally have positions that actually are empty of players. Spending so much money on one player who doesn't want to come here anyway, is a big gamble in a position that isn't in need of filling. That is my only point. That is the logic of my argument. Being good in the French League and being linked to big teams who didn't finalise the deal has nowt to do with it.
And other leagues are not always a good measure ... Ruiz was a big hit and scored a lot of goals in Holland. And haven't there been a couple of forwards from Portugal who did not live up to their reputation. So big money does not guarantee big success .. as mentioned in earlier posts....see above!

PS a football forum without an argument would be like a poet with a smile.

Which is why one of my favourite poets was Edgar Allen Poe.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mitch

If, if, if it is true (and there's usually bits to iron out until the club confirm it), this is great. Could be a two year player for us and then off for big profit, and in the meantime a player we can really enjoy.

Deuce

Not sure why this is a massive coup. He has in the past been linked to all the big clubs but has never happened. If and it remains an 'if' he does sign. It still leaves all the positions we HAVE to fill to be filled. But at least it shows things are moving. A lot of money though and we are never that successful with expensive signings.
Well, it being a massive signing or not has nothing to do with the fact that we need to strenghen other positions as well, dont understand the logic in brining that up.
Hes been one of the best midfielders in Ligue 1 past seasons (excluding players from PSG).

Jesus Christ people just want an argument. The squad needs improvement up  front and in defence. We literally have positions that actually are empty of players. Spending so much money on one player who doesn't want to come here anyway, is a big gamble in a position that isn't in need of filling. That is my only point. That is the logic of my argument. Being good in the French League and being linked to big teams who didn't finalise the deal has nowt to do with it.
Dont know why Barca and/or Chelsea/Arsenal pulled out but im guessing its due to the fact that they can pick and choose from whoever they want basically. Its not uncommon for players who are just "below" the biggest clubs to miss out on such a move. And as a newly promoted side, I'd happily take someone whos been on the big clubs radar.

We still need to strengthen other parts but id rather we aim to actually strengthen the side, and not just add depth.

Theres an article about him on fourfourtwo:
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/jean-michael-seri-right-arsenal-case-and-against

Here are some outtakes:
"In 2017/18, Seri's performances haven't quite been up to the standards of last season – a byproduct of Nice's decline – but they've still been solid enough to make him a top transfer target once again."

"When he isn't passing long, the 26-year-old does a very good job piercing defensive lines and catching opponents off-guard. The versatility of his passing is his greatest strength as a player."

Seri isn't just someone who only helps with progressing play; he creates chances as well, and has produced 2.3 key passes per 90 minutes this season – the sixth-highest amount in Ligue 1.

"There's a lot to like about Seri without even mentioning that he's scored goals at a respectable rate considering the type of player he is (one every 11 games in his Nice career). He isn't perfect, though, despite the clamour for his signature. Because Nice play in a non-pressing 4-3–3"

"Seri is a classy playmaker and has been consistent enough over his last three seasons in France for clubs like Arsenal to take a serious look at him. He's a fine passer of the ball who has proved hard to contain in midfield for his opponents."

Woolly Mammoth

Or it's back to the Drawing Board.
At least it's a sign that our Crack Recruitment Unit are Beavering away in the Jungle that is the Transfer Window.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 10, 2018, 01:12:07 PM
Or it's back to the Drawing Board.
At least it's a sign that our Crack Recruitment Unit are Beavering away in the Jungle that is the Transfer Window.

You gotta laugh..😀😀😀

Deuce

Quote from: Mitch on July 10, 2018, 01:09:26 PM
If, if, if it is true (and there's usually bits to iron out until the club confirm it), this is great. Could be a two year player for us and then off for big profit, and in the meantime a player we can really enjoy.
Doubt it mate. Hes 27 this summer. You reckon anyone would actually pay us enough so we can get a profit for a 30 yo midfielder?

RaySmith

Yes, shows that we are trying to bring in top players, and are prepared to pay top dollar.

JoelH5

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 10, 2018, 01:04:53 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on July 10, 2018, 01:03:02 PM

Why does he not want to come here?

French Sources saying Fulham are not his preferred club and are now quoting that NO DEAL between Nice and Fulham has been struck anyway.

OK cool, thanks. I personally cant see it but would be delighted if it did.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Deuce

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 10, 2018, 01:03:02 PM

Why does he not want to come here?
Lets not take it personal. Its a player whos probably had his heart set for a big club move, and now hes left with a newly promoted side. You can see why anyone would hesitate.

But as soon as he sees Fulham for what the club is, he'll love it here.

Deuce

Quote from: Whitesideup on July 10, 2018, 01:04:38 PM

And other leagues are not always a good measure ... Ruiz was a big hit and scored a lot of goals in Holland. And haven't there been a couple of forwards from Portugal who did not live up to their reputation. So big money does not guarantee big success .. as mentioned in earlier posts....see above!

PS a football forum without an argument would be like a poet with a smile. 
Agree. You never know. You can get a Bryan Ruiz or you can get a Luis Suarez. Its down to our scouting and Slavisa to make that call. You just have to look at the players passing ability, the decision making, physique and so on. From what ive been reading about Seri, he does seem to be suited well for the Premiership.

WhiteJC

Exclusive: Agreement reached between Nice and Fulham, but Seri not keen on move

With a €40m 'release clause' due to expire on July 15th, it's no surprise to see a hubbub of activity surround Jean-Michael Seri at the moment.

On Monday, claims of a pre-contract agreement with Chelsea were denied to Sport Witness, and we were told the most realistic option would be Borussia Dortmund in Germany.

This was picked up by a number of outlets in France, including local newspaper Nice-Matin, but another suitor has appeared out of nowhere: Fulham.

Needing midfielders ahead of their return to the Premier League, the Cottagers have, according to France Football, even gone as far as make a €20m bid for the 26-year-old.

A few minutes later, Gianluca Di Marzio shocked many by revealing a deal was done between Nice and Fulham for around €20m, and the player should join his new club in the next 24 hours or so.

However, Sport Witness have been told by a source close to the deal that while an agreement has indeed been reached between the two sides for Jean-Michael Seri, the midfielder isn't keen on a move to Craven Cottage.

Things move quickly in the transfer market, and we certainly haven't heard the end of this. Fulham may have to be very convincing.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/exclusive-agreement-reached-nice-fulham-seri-not-keen-move/

Sherlock

I'll believe it when he's holding the shirt. Until then it seems more likely that we are being used by either Nice or the player's agent to get other 'bigger' teams to pull their finger out and do something.

Fulham76

If he really isn't keen on the move to Fulham, then it won't happen.

Mince n Tatties

If he isn't keen then tell him to f off.
Move on.

hovewhite

7787fulham

I'm going to wait for an official announcement. I would love it to be true but in today's day and age it wouldn't surprise me if it was an agent telling a news source so that they will report it and try to force a deal to the preferred choice in this case chelsea who are supposedly dragging their heels.

Mitch

Quote from: Deuce on July 10, 2018, 01:14:46 PM
Doubt it mate. Hes 27 this summer. You reckon anyone would actually pay us enough so we can get a profit for a 30 yo midfielder?

Yeah. If the £20m is true. Appreciate your point, but clubs will stay pay a lot more than that for a 30 year old with proven ability in the Premier league.

LVBPTS

Quote from: Mitch on July 10, 2018, 01:57:22 PM

Yeah. If the £20m is true. Appreciate your point, but clubs will stay pay a lot more than that for a 30 year old with proven ability in the Premier league.

theres a certain 33 year old that is nearly 34 being sold imminently for £88m so there is room to move id say.....
Supporter since 2000

Sherlock

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 10, 2018, 01:33:52 PM
If he isn't keen then tell him to f off.
Move on.

The calibre of players that we need/want are not going to have their hearts set on being Fulham players. None of them will be Fulham fans, they may never have even seen us play. The players that would love to be signed by Fulham are in the Championship or poor European teams and are not really what we need. If we were to sign a player for over £20m I would definitely want them to have ambitions to play at the very highest level otherwise they're already a waste of money.
Just because they are not head over heels over playing for Fulham before they sign, that does not mean we can not make them love the club after they have signed. Nor does it mean they won't give 100% when on the pitch, even if it is with slight hopes of getting a move to a bigger club.

Deuce

Quote from: corbs83 on July 10, 2018, 02:00:17 PM
Quote from: Mitch on July 10, 2018, 01:57:22 PM

theres a certain 33 year old that is nearly 34 being sold imminently for £88m so there is room to move id say.....
Yeah, well no. Simply not a viable comparison