https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri Deal DONE??

Started by Horsfield_No9, July 10, 2018, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 10, 2018, 04:47:38 PM
Quote from: Tabby on July 10, 2018, 03:08:41 PM
On the subject of us not being the preferred opion, Mitro only moved here after his preferred deal fell through in the 11th hour. I'd say he did okay.

I didnt though did it. Only fell through because we got in before he could sign for Anderlecht,as soon as Slav got him on the phone ,he was here like a shot

He came here because we went in for him after his Anderlecht move broke down, totally different situation.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 10, 2018, 03:05:53 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 10, 2018, 01:36:25 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 10, 2018, 01:33:52 PM
If he isn't keen then tell him to f off.
Move on.
definitely.

This doesn't make sense at all. I seen similar comments when the Diego Rolan move was on/off last season.
No one with great potential should be overly keen to come to a small newly promoted team. The only Ines keen should be youth players, lower league players and has beens.
Anyone keen to settle for a relegation fight when there's so much more potential in them isn't the right fit.

We need to go out and look for the best we can get, encourage them to come and make them want to play for us , whether it's  money or promises; and that's how you build a team that's capable of more.

We've had many big names here, and I guarantee at the start before transfers being announced , and way before the fluffy quotes at the transfer unveiling, there was plenty of deliberation, hesitation and plenty hardwork put in by our negotiating team to persuade players who have clearly been capable of much better than Fulham .

At the end of the day, if we go for players who really want a bottom of premier league/ top of championship club, that's all we will ever be

And thank god Rolan  never came.
I wish some of you would stop this we're a small club nonsense, were not a small club in my eyes.
What is a big club small club anyway?
We have Rich backing,good support,and been to a European Final,had many players capped.
No I'm afraid I don't get the small club mentality.
And I want big name players to come here,but if they ain't keen I'll stick by what I said,Move on to someone who does want to come.Coyw

cookieg

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 10, 2018, 05:23:36 PM
Move on.
definitely.

This doesn't make sense at all. I seen similar comments when the Diego Rolan move was on/off last season.
No one with great potential should be overly keen to come to a small newly promoted team. The only Ines keen should be youth players, lower league players and has beens.
Anyone keen to settle for a relegation fight when there's so much more potential in them isn't the right fit.

We need to go out and look for the best we can get, encourage them to come and make them want to play for us , whether it's  money or promises; and that's how you build a team that's capable of more.

We've had many big names here, and I guarantee at the start before transfers being announced , and way before the fluffy quotes at the transfer unveiling, there was plenty of deliberation, hesitation and plenty hardwork put in by our negotiating team to persuade players who have clearly been capable of much better than Fulham .

At the end of the day, if we go for players who really want a bottom of premier league/ top of championship club, that's all we will ever be

I wish some of you would stop this were a small club nonsense, were not a small club in my eyes.
We have Rich backing,good support,and been to a European Final,had many players capped.
And I want big name players to come here,but if they ain't keen I'll stick by what I said,Move on to someone who does want to come.Coyw

We need to players to buy into Slavs mission and want to be a part of it. Anyone just coming for the money can go elsewhere and be used as a benchwarmer or loaned out.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on July 10, 2018, 05:35:48 PM
For a moment this afternoon when I thought this was about to be announced, I was genuinely optimistic for the first time since May. However in the hours since then it's begun to sound more and more like Seri will be this year's Rolan / Dunk

Correct.
Talksh*te have said they know nothing of his move to us or Chelski or Arsenal.

Stevieboy

Sky Bet have us at 1/10
Dortmund 10/1
'ski 14/1
Wet Spam 28/1
Arsenal 33/1

And you never see a poor bookie!!!!!!

If true what on earth would his wages be???!!!

FFCpmd

Sky said ten minutes ago that he's in talks with Borussia Dortmund, but says Prem league his preferred destination.....

clintclintdeuce

Move on.
definitely.

I wish some of you would stop this we're a small club nonsense, were not a small club in my eyes.

+1000 for this. Totally agree, dare to dream. Were already better than 9 of the teams in the Premier League. Were a planned upgrade away from having an even better home stadium, in a great part of London, with world class training facilities and a billionaire owner who took his lumps and doesn't appear to be positioning himself to take them ever again. Were a top 25 side worldwide in my estimation.
The Dude abides.

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 10, 2018, 12:46:04 PM
Not sure why this is a massive coup. He has in the past been linked to all the big clubs but has never happened. If and it remains an 'if' he does sign. It still leaves all the positions we HAVE to fill to be filled. But at least it shows things are moving. A lot of money though and we are never that successful with expensive signings.

With us anything above 5 million is destind for failure. Surley it is time for another McBride at under a million or even another Ivor at next to nothing.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 10, 2018, 05:52:28 PM
Move on.
definitely.

+1000 for this. Totally agree, dare to dream. Were already better than 9 of the teams in the Premier League. Were a planned upgrade away from having an even better home stadium, in a great part of London, with world class training facilities and a billionaire owner who took his lumps and doesn't appear to be positioning himself to take them ever again. Were a top 25 side worldwide in my estimation.

How do you judge we're already top 10, evidence? Top 25 in the world? This is madness.

wheelerdeeler

One thing that should be pointed out as to why we might be able to sign Seri is he has this medical condition that affects how he plays in cold climates.

Tabby

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 10, 2018, 07:00:32 PM
One thing that should be pointed out as to why we might be able to sign Seri is he has this medical condition that affects how he plays in cold climates.

Good thing there is a heatwave then.

Mitch

Quote from: Deuce on July 10, 2018, 02:07:01 PM
Quote from: Mitch on July 10, 2018, 01:57:22 PM
Quote from: Deuce on July 10, 2018, 01:14:46 PM
Quote from: Mitch on July 10, 2018, 01:09:26 PM
If, if, if it is true (and there's usually bits to iron out until the club confirm it), this is great. Could be a two year player for us and then off for big profit, and in the meantime a player we can really enjoy.
Doubt it mate. Hes 27 this summer. You reckon anyone would actually pay us enough so we can get a profit for a 30 yo midfielder?

Yeah. If the £20m is true. Appreciate your point, but clubs will stay pay a lot more than that for a 30 year old with proven ability in the Premier league.
Reports ive read states that his release clause is set at £34 million, and its set to expire 15 july. So doubt its as low as £20 m.

Would be difficult to sell a 30 yo for over 30 mil unless he absolutley rips the premiership apart.

Thing is, if he's just about turn 27, then in two years he'll be just 29. For a centre midfielder, that is a great age.

hovewhite

Surely if this story proves true how could it only be 20 million and why would the accept that lower fee?

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: hovewhite on July 10, 2018, 07:40:47 PM
Surely if this story proves true how could it only be 20 million and why would the accept that lower fee?

1 year left on his deal, and he's said he's not going to re-sign I'm pretty sure, so Nice are probably just happy to take what they can get rather than let him go on a free next summer and let Seri pocket a massive signing fee.

hovewhite

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 10, 2018, 08:09:40 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 10, 2018, 07:40:47 PM

1 year left on his deal, and he's said he's not going to re-sign I'm pretty sure, so Nice are probably just happy to take what they can get rather than let him go on a free next summer and let Seri pocket a massive signing fee.
then that would make sense.

Hoppus

Seri is having a medical at Dortmund.

🙈

DevonFFC

Quote from: Hoppus on July 10, 2018, 08:38:33 PM

🙈

Nothing solid I can see but few saying that Dortmund are looking to tie up the Plea and Seri in a joint deal

FFCpmd

Nothing solid I can see but few saying that Dortmund are looking to tie up the Plea and Seri in a joint deal
[/quote]

....Sky were saying this about four hours ago.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Hoppus on July 10, 2018, 08:38:33 PM

🙈

Literally nobody is reporting that so unless you have sources at Dortmund I'm going to say that's not true

NogoodBoyo

Nogood "not singing Que Seri Seri, whatever will be will be, isit" Boyo