more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri Deal DONE??

Started by Horsfield_No9, July 10, 2018, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

Quote from: fulhamben on July 11, 2018, 07:01:42 PM
haha. Seen it to many times mate. Even last summer we were all going out buying gayle shirts just for it not to materialise and the supposed fee disappear from the budget entirely. Hell I nearly bought a batistuta shirt once too on the back of done deals
Do you think it might have been spent on Christy and a knocked back offer for Norwood - or do you think we have a tooth fairy
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

fulhamben

Quote from: Roberty on July 11, 2018, 07:22:49 PM
haha. Seen it to many times mate. Even last summer we were all going out buying gayle shirts just for it not to materialise and the supposed fee disappear from the budget entirely. Hell I nearly bought a batistuta shirt once too on the back of done deals
Do you think it might have been spent on Christy and a knocked back offer for Norwood - or do you think we have a tooth fairy
Christie was bought in n January. I'm talking about the summer budget when gayle was a done deal as we were desperate for a striker
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

St. Andrews White

Well we spent 8m of that cash on Fonte instead

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Roberty

Quote from: fulhamben on July 11, 2018, 08:19:17 PM
Quote from: Roberty on July 11, 2018, 07:22:49 PM
Christie was bought in n January. I'm talking about the summer budget when gayle was a done deal as we were desperate for a striker
It's the same money !
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

cookieg

Signed and on the Offal.

LVBPTS

BREAKING NEWS

Fulham's Director of Football operations, Tony Khan, has tweeted that the club have completed the signing of Jean-Michael Seri from Nice.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Tony Khan

@TonyKhan
I'm delighted to announce that @FulhamFC has signed midfielder Jean-Michael Seri from Nice. He's been at the very top of our target list for a long time. This is a big day for Fulham. We're ecstatic that Jean-Michael is joining our squad as we return home to the @premierleague!

10:33 AM - Jul 12, 2018
Supporter since 2000

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 11, 2018, 06:46:22 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 11, 2018, 05:35:12 PM
Thanks all for the description. So basically hes that good that he won't sign

Good old Ben, positive as usual!
haha. Seen it to many times mate. Even last summer we were all going out buying gayle shirts just for it not to materialise and the supposed fee dissapere from the budget entirely. Hell I nearly bought a batistuta shirt once too on the back of done deals

Ben, you can now go out and buy a Seri shirt with confidence!

fulhamben

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 12, 2018, 12:49:58 PM

haha. Seen it to many times mate. Even last summer we were all going out buying gayle shirts just for it not to materialise and the supposed fee dissapere from the budget entirely. Hell I nearly bought a batistuta shirt once too on the back of done deals

Ben, you can now go out and buy a Seri shirt with confidence!
thanks, might go full on and get a seri tatoo

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on July 10, 2018, 06:59:02 PM
Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 10, 2018, 05:52:28 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 10, 2018, 05:23:36 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on July 10, 2018, 03:05:53 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 10, 2018, 01:36:25 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 10, 2018, 01:33:52 PM
If he isn't keen then tell him to f off.
Move on.
definitely.

This doesn't make sense at all. I seen similar comments when the Diego Rolan move was on/off last season.
No one with great potential should be overly keen to come to a small newly promoted team. The only Ines keen should be youth players, lower league players and has beens.
Anyone keen to settle for a relegation fight when there's so much more potential in them isn't the right fit.

We need to go out and look for the best we can get, encourage them to come and make them want to play for us , whether it's  money or promises; and that's how you build a team that's capable of more.

We've had many big names here, and I guarantee at the start before transfers being announced , and way before the fluffy quotes at the transfer unveiling, there was plenty of deliberation, hesitation and plenty hardwork put in by our negotiating team to persuade players who have clearly been capable of much better than Fulham .

At the end of the day, if we go for players who really want a bottom of premier league/ top of championship club, that's all we will ever be

And thank god Rolan  never came.
I wish some of you would stop this we're a small club nonsense, were not a small club in my eyes.
What is a big club small club anyway?
We have Rich backing,good support,and been to a European Final,had many players capped.
No I'm afraid I don't get the small club mentality.
And I want big name players to come here,but if they ain't keen I'll stick by what I said,Move on to someone who does want to come.Coyw

+1000 for this. Totally agree, dare to dream. Were already better than 9 of the teams in the Premier League. Were a planned upgrade away from having an even better home stadium, in a great part of London, with world class training facilities and a billionaire owner who took his lumps and doesn't appear to be positioning himself to take them ever again. Were a top 25 side worldwide in my estimation.

How do you judge we're already top 10, evidence? Top 25 in the world? This is madness.

i think we were better than the bottom ten last year, played more attractive and better football and were about to get a lot better. I think the top 10 in the PL are within the top 25 in the world... I mean right now at this very moment i think were better than Cardiff, Huddersfield, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Southampton, Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton, West Ham, and on par with Wolves. I dont think anyone in Italy/Spain/Germany from 5th on finishes top 10. I dont think a single side from the americas/asia/africa/scandanavia/eastern europe finishes in the top 15. Thats how i qualify top 25 in the world. Hopefully im right and were in the top half this year!
The Dude abides.

hovewhite

I tend to agree and think we are better than the bottom 10 from last season and hope that translates into a good solid higher mid table team.

RaySmith

I think this signing of Seri is of massive significance, especially,  if, as expected, we make other signings to bolster the thin squad in every position, including the talismanic Mitro.

Yes, like all signings, including big money ones with the Wow factor - Seri might not work out for one reason or another, but the ambition behind this, and also being prepared to spend the money for Marchand, someone who seems, on paper at least, to be not only a top player, who could play for at the very highest level,  but a good fit for Fulham - a ball playing cb, who can also play lb.

I don't think it's a case of, as in the past sometimes - getting in big name players for top money, but who haven't really fitted in with the team, and also been a case of spending the budget on one player, and ignoring all the other  gaps in the team and squad.

I think, Khan has indicated that this signing isn't the end of our spending, and isn't  just a sop for fans - 'look , I'm prepared to spend big', but part of a strategy, in  close communication with manager and coaches, to make Fulham a force to be contended with in the Prem, rather than just aiming for survival.

Holders

I suspect that Seri was told that he whole team will be strengthened, not just him brought in. Rather like Berba came on certain understandings.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

the nutflush

I'm pretty sure they don't make the shirt until the player signs. Just sayin...

fulhamben

Quote from: the nutflush on July 13, 2018, 10:39:50 AM

I'm pretty sure they don't make the shirt until the player signs. Just sayin...
didn't the scum make robhino shirts just before he signed for city.

fulhamben

And the club most definitely made a claudio reyna shirt just before he signed for City aswell

the nutflush

So where did you almost get your Batistuta shirt from?

fulhamben

Quote from: the nutflush on July 13, 2018, 11:34:26 AM
So where did you almost get your Batistuta shirt from?
? You can go to the club shop and get any name that you want on your shirt