watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kevin Betsy

Started by Stoneleigh Loyalist, July 09, 2018, 09:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

My 14 year old granddaughter goes to a mixed school in Ashtead and recently had an award evening for all of their sports teams.
The awards were presented by Lorraine Betsy (I cannot pronounce or spell her married name!), sister of our old player Kevin Betsy.
Lorraine plays for Surrey Storm netball team  and made reference to Kevin and his playing days with Fulham. He is now at 40 and works with the Academy and England Under 15 team.
I remember him as being a very promising young player who never quite made it in our previous early Premiership years but at times was a very stylish player.
He obviously has coaching skills to be put in charge of an England team.

Lighthouse

Had a few clubs after us but I remember him being big and quick. But it does make me feel old. How quickly they grow up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

CottagersOnTour

Started and finished his playing career at Woking just down the road.

He was still easily one of the technically best players in the conference at 35....!

Think he also coached Fulhams U12's for a bit before being picked up by England; was certainly a very personable guy when at Woking and was always about to have a chat with the fans after the games.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Kevin's a credit to Fulham - and genuinely loves the club. Always happy to have a chat with Fulham fans and is a very perceptive coach of young players. Glad to see he is doing well with the FA and England.

HillingdonFFC

Saw Fulham beat Wycombe 9-0 in a friendly at Adams Park & Betsy got 5

filham

Funny how some of our youngsters who you think are so, so good just fade away, I always thought Kevin would go right to the top.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Further to my original post apparently Kevin Keegan described Kevin Betsy as one of the best young players he had ever seen.
He was skilled but something must have been missing.

Mince n Tatties

There are hundreds up and down the land at clubs who show great potential, but it never reaches to great heights for most of them I'm afraid.
Hard business it is to make a success in.

bog

Kevin came on as a sub in the FA Cup away game at Old Trafford when Keegan was manager and John Salako missed a sitter in a 1-0 loss. Ron Atkinson was on the mic and said 'I bet Kevin wishes it was Besty coming on seeing as how he used to play for Fulham.....'

092.gif 

aaronmcguigan