watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How much did Seri cost us

Started by The Swan, July 13, 2018, 08:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

In the Metro it says he cost us £25M in the Telegraph it says he cost us £35m.

I do hope he is worth the money.
The Swan

grandad

I have seen half a dozen different figures ranging from £17.5 mil to £35 mil.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Marcel_Gecov

I'm seeing 30m for both in some outlets. 25m for Seri and 5m for Maxine

filham

Quote from: The Swan on July 13, 2018, 08:46:05 PM
In the Metro it says he cost us £25M in the Telegraph it says he cost us £35m.

I do hope he is worth the money.

I heard 25 million from one media source, Our other big buys over recent years from 9 to 12 million have struggled in our team, this one at this enormous price has to prove better.

General

Most reports suggest it's around £18-£20m for Seri and another £10m or so for Maxime. Sounds most likely.

Apparently Seri did have a €35m clause in his contract which would have been null and void by Sunday but because Seri wanted to go, Nice seem to need the cash and also Seri had one year left on his contract they made the concession price wise.. have a feeling the 30m for both of them helped ease negotiations too. Alongside a undisclosed fee to keep people guessing and saving face.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Don't forget the Agents Fees which must be added on to,the transfer price.

Tabby

£30 million for the pair I think. No more than £5 million of that for Le Marchand. But I'm hopefully pessimistic. The early reports said around £18 million for Seri, which would be a real bargain.

Seri is probably on huge wages, considering this quote from the interview "I have a principle, when they respect me at my real value, I respect the club back".

Barrett487

Transfer Market value MLM at £3.6 million

JoelH5

I read somewhere that Seri is on 5 mill euros a year so I'd make that £80k a week! If we managed to get him for only 18 mill that sounds plausible
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Tabby

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 14, 2018, 12:00:21 AM
I read somewhere that Seri is on 5 mill euros a year so I'd make that £80k a week! If we managed to get him for only 18 mill that sounds plausible

Consider that Mitrovic is on £60k at Newcastle. The wage doesn't seem that outlandish.

RaySmith

Quote from: Tabby on July 13, 2018, 10:47:57 PM
£30 million for the pair I think. No more than £5 million of that for Le Marchand. But I'm hopefully pessimistic. The early reports said around £18 million for Seri, which would be a real bargain.

Seri is probably on huge wages, considering this quote from the interview "I have a principle, when they respect me at my real value, I respect the club back".

But it doesn't just have to mean financial respect.

In the interview, he goes on to  talk about how he admired Fulham's style of play, and how the club impressed upon him that he could play a big role in this, and be a very important player for us.

In fact, he doesn't mention money. I suppose he could get the same, or more, money at other clubs, richer than Fulham.

hovewhite

Who cares Fulham can afford it.

filham

Sound like our previous record signing has possibly been doubled, hard to take in.
Bet he is not as good as Ivor for whom w paid 4K.

Chrisjo

The Daily Mail today had Seri in at £18 million !

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Chrisjo on July 14, 2018, 11:06:23 AM
Another wild inaccuracy and reason not to read the Daily Mail.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2018, 05:45:58 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 14, 2018, 04:57:57 PM
Quote from: Chrisjo on July 14, 2018, 11:06:23 AM
Another wild inaccuracy
Based on?
Knowledge that I am not at liberty to divulge.  I'm fully aware that I'm open to criticism for that but, whether people choose to believe me or believe me not, all the figures I've seen on this board about Seri's transfer fee are over-stated.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southcoastffc

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2018, 06:18:04 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 14, 2018, 06:06:30 PM
Fair enough. Closer to 12.

Wow. I find the idea of Fulham paying £30m for a player unlikely, so I'm inclined to think it was much lower than that, but £12m is lower than any figure I've seen anywhere. Very interesting. Cheers
And I have no idea what Max Le M cost but instinctively, I doubt that the £30m for the two that has been bandied about is way off the mark.

Jamie88

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 14, 2018, 06:06:30 PM
Fair enough. Closer to 12.

How could We possibly sign a player who a load of big clubs were after for only 12 million?

twang

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 14, 2018, 12:00:21 AM

Other reports from France claim it's between £2,6m and £3,5m annually, which roughly translates to £50-70k a week. I guess the extra possible million is performance based.

https://www.abidjanshow.com/societe/sport/angleterre-le-salaire-de-seri-jean-michael-a-fulham