watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Loftus-Cheek

Started by bog, July 12, 2018, 10:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Have to say when we were obviously worn out in midfield last night why wasn't Loftus-Cheek brought on for Alli or Lingard?     

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

That went through my head also.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Seemed the obvious thing to do but before our suggestions have any worth we will have to buy that M$S waistcoat.

Fernhurst

Need to know the whereabouts of Corporal Jones Captain, strange wonderus things happening and I fear we need to break out the smelling salts for the senior members of the platoon.

Quite giddy today
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: bog on July 12, 2018, 10:28:39 AM
Have to say when we were obviously worn out in midfield last night why wasn't Loftus-Cheek brought on for Alli or Lingard?     

092.gif

Agree, though I can only assume Sterling was knackered too. Alli has had a disappointing World Cup.

BedsFFC

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 12, 2018, 01:19:37 PM
Need to know the whereabouts of Corporal Jones Captain, strange wonderus things happening and I fear we need to break out the smelling salts for the senior members of the platoon.

Quite giddy today

Have not seen he report for duty in a while. Lol. Just had a kidney stone removed so could do with breaking that as well with a hammer the little sod. I had two stones so I called them Mick and Keith.

HatterDon

[twix from the 18th colonial guard]

Agree with the Loftus-Cheek reference. Also, the young hyphenated right back could have come in for the partially crippled gent who gave away the goal.

I've been unhappy with taking the most lethal English striker in a half-century out of the penalty area for most of the match. On the other hand, Trippier and Maguire were key to England's success and I don't think any other national team gaffer would have started them both. I also like how he put Sterling to use. How long has it been when the fastest player on the pitch has been English.

Been rooting for Merrie Olde in the absence of my colonial players ... will cheer them on again on Saturday, although the Belgians are fomidable.

Anyhow, glad to check in, Captain M. As we say in the hinterlands, "Y'all take care now, ya hear?"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bog

Much was made of his ability and future and with us struggling is left flattening his buttocks.  :022:

092.gif

Tabby

Quote from: HatterDon on July 13, 2018, 02:14:27 AM
How long has it been when the fastest player on the pitch has been English.

Theo Walcott wasn't that log ago.