News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri Signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Deeping_white, July 12, 2018, 10:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Tabby on July 12, 2018, 08:59:30 PM
So, does anyone know how much we actually paid for Seri? I've seen estimates between £17.7 million £30 million. Rare that the amount varies that much between the outlets.

Most common one seems to be 30m combined for Seri and Le Marchand. Divide that up however you want. 18/12, 25/5 etc.

The Enclosurite

Jean Michael Seri
He plays for FFC
He f**king hates Ch***ea
Jean Michael Seri !

Or a clean version for the kids....

Jean Michael Seri
He didn't want Ch***ea
He signed for FFC
Jean Michael Seri !

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
¡COYW!

Art Vandelay

It will be great to recycle that montello chant, always enjoyed it

General

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 12, 2018, 09:12:18 PM
So, does anyone know how much we actually paid for Seri? I've seen estimates between £17.7 million £30 million. Rare that the amount varies that much between the outlets.

Most common one seems to be 30m combined for Seri and Le Marchand. Divide that up however you want. 18/12, 25/5 etc.

Either way, both players if true are both record signings. So nice having an owner who's willing to put money in to make the right signings. Top 6 teams fans are in shock and in some areas genuine awe in how we pulled this off. Great statement of intent as a result. Keep them coming! Time to shake up this league and push on.

Bassey the warrior

Watching this video, the player he reminds me most of is Zidane:

https://youtu.be/wydhL4oo38M

comatose

Vision looks off the charts (yea I get it's a highlight reel but still. Also haha welcome to Arsenal)

Whitesideup

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 12, 2018, 09:04:00 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 12, 2018, 07:19:54 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 12, 2018, 06:29:14 PM
When he lines up, who other than Mitro and Betts are much over 6 feet tall. We are not going to be a big team at all.
height isnt everything. Odoi can out jump most players

True, but someone like Kompany would simply put a body on him and keep him out of the play. You saw what Croatia has done with tall folks on the attacking side and what France has done on the defensive. As is often said, "you can't teach pace". Neither can you teach height. Size does have an advantage. Dennis is  a good example of what a shorter man can do. If he were 6'3" he'd be playing alone side someone like Kompany on one of the check book teams.

And based on height  ... Messi would be playing for Brentford.

I think the higher the standard of football, the less significant height becomes. I think it's much more about two things: pace and footballing ability  ... not necessarily in that order.

But I do agree that Messi might occasionally, and very occasionally, struggle at centre-half.

The Rock

:blow candles:
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on July 12, 2018, 10:19:08 PM

Wow. Moussa Dembele before he came to the UK all over again. And 3x the price, but these are the days.

Andy S

I honestly thought that we were being played against to push the money up and we would lose out in the end. A nice surprise

General

Quote from: The Rock on July 12, 2018, 11:35:24 PM
:blow candles:
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on July 12, 2018, 10:19:08 PM

Wow. Moussa Dembele before he came to the UK all over again. And 3x the price, but these are the days.

Looks better than moussa in my opinion on his all round ability.. to spot a pass, score a goal etc. Technically both look extremely gifted and can tackle and get past players with some ease but seri edges it on his creativity and vision and ability from a set piece.

The Rock

HatterDon

Nobody will ever know. FFC doesn't list salaries or transfer fees. EVERYTHING you see in the press or on these pages is a guess, an estimate, or an outright lie.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FortCollinsFulham

He seems so serene/self-possessed. Acts like it's no big thing when he scores or gets badly fouled. Pretty cool (unique maybe?) to see a young footballer like that. I appreciated that in the video (I also appreciate the Mitro's of the world too)
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Deeping_white

Good interview with him and MLM on the offal. Seems Slav was quite keen to have both of them and spoke with them both at length about how he wants to use them in the squad so that's promising that he's got two good players that he also wants in his squad. Also interesting to hear Seri say that he was drawn here because of how much we wanted to sign him and have him as our star player, playing with a style of football that he enjoys.

fulhamben

Quote from: HatterDon on July 13, 2018, 02:21:19 AM
Nobody will ever know. FFC doesn't list salaries or transfer fees. EVERYTHING you see in the press or on these pages is a guess, an estimate, or an outright lie.

not necessarily, just because we hide behind undisclosures, doesn't automatically mean that the selling club does
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Whitesideup on July 12, 2018, 11:07:57 PM
When he lines up, who other than Mitro and Betts are much over 6 feet tall. We are not going to be a big team at all.

True, but someone like Kompany would simply put a body on him and keep him out of the play. You saw what Croatia has done with tall folks on the attacking side and what France has done on the defensive. As is often said, "you can't teach pace". Neither can you teach height. Size does have an advantage. Dennis is  a good example of what a shorter man can do. If he were 6'3" he'd be playing alone side someone like Kompany on one of the check book teams.

I think the higher the standard of football, the less significant height becomes. I think it's much more about two things: pace and footballing ability  ... not necessarily in that order.

But I do agree that Messi might occasionally, and very occasionally, struggle at centre-half.

How much help is Messi on defensive set pieces? I'll forward your comments on to Warnock & Pulis.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

fulhamben

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 13, 2018, 07:48:01 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on July 12, 2018, 11:07:57 PM

How much help is Messi on defensive set pieces? I'll forward your comments on to Warnock & Pulis.

id imagine a massive help. You wouldn't just leave one full back on him at the halfway line would you. So he would stop a couple of players from going up for the corner
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.