News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri Signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Deeping_white, July 12, 2018, 10:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Wow.

Tabby

Ordar

What a statement of intent. Unbelievable that we got this across the line.

FFC1987

The clubs always had a tendency to surprise me. This certainly fits that. Amazing.

WhiteJC

Seri Signs

We are delighted to confirm the signing of Ivory Coast international Jean Michaël Seri on a four-year deal from OGC Nice.

The midfielder has signed a contract until June 2022, with the Club holding an option to extend by a further 12 months after beating a host of top European sides to Seri's signature.

The deal is subject to international clearance, and the player obtaining a work permit.

A creative, intelligent central midfield player, Seri spent his younger years with Africa Sports d'Abidjan before joining the most successful side in Ivorian history in 2010, ASEC Mimosas.

After impressing in two seasons with the club, Seri was scouted by Porto and subsequently joined the Portuguese giants on loan for the 2012/13 campaign.

The following summer he made a permanent switch to a different top flight club in Portugal, Paços de Ferreira, who he helped retain Primeira Liga status, notably by scoring in their relegation play-off victory in his first season.

He also played in every one of their six Group Stage Europa League matches in 2013/14.

The subsequent campaign was a much more prosperous one for Paços de Ferreira, with Seri playing a major role as they secured an eighth-placed finish, missing out on a European spot by just a solitary point.

In the summer of 2015, Seri made the move to Nice and quickly established himself as a key component of the exciting Ligue 1 side.

Top-four and top-three finishes were achieved in his first two campaigns in France, while this term European qualification eluded Nice by one point.

The last two campaigns saw Seri top the charts in Ligue 1 in terms of passes played and completed, with an accuracy rate of 90.4 per cent last year, while he claimed a spot in the 2016/17 Team of the Season.

He made his debut for the Ivory Coast in September 2015, and now has 18 caps to his name.

Speaking at Motspur Park on Thursday morning, Seri said: "It was a long day yesterday so it was great to get the move finalised.

"Now, I'm ready to get started and looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the Head Coach and his staff better.

"I'm delighted to be here, it's a new adventure that starts for me and I'm hoping it will all go well."

Tony Khan said of Seri's arrival: "I'm delighted to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed midfielder Jean Michaël Seri from Nice.

"Jean Michaël arrives with Premier League qualities as well as great promise for the future, which is why he has been at the very top of our target list for a long time.

"So, this is a big day for everyone associated with Fulham and working at Motspur Park, and I trust all Fulham supporters are collectively as thrilled and ecstatic as we are that Jean Michaël will be joining our squad as we return home to the Premier League!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/july/12/jean-michael-seri-signs

Woolly Mammoth

Amazing, it must have been that group email we sent tipping the balance.
Well done Fulham FC.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Wow well done to all involved for getting this over the line
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

the nutflush

I'm stunned. Almost as stunned as Seri in that photo. Is it just me or did he forget to say cheese?

Andyb

JoelH5

Needed that after last night. COYW!!!!!!!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Horsfield_No9

First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Count Flapula

Absolutely fantastic news - well done Fulham for getting this over the line.

No doubt there will still be debates raging on here over the next few weeks as to the competency of our recruitment team even with this deal done (not from myself), but if the reported fees paid are true one thing that cannot be disputed is Shad's ambition and willingness to dig deep matches the statements he made after the playoff final with this deal, so for that I am pleased and extremely grateful to him that his words have substance. I already thought as much but  genuinely think we have a good owner in Shad.

Let's hope it's the start of things to come!

OZ-WHITE

Not sure what we paid - some reports are that his Release Clause of 35 Million Euro expired last Sunday and that we offered £20 Million plus add ons
Sure is a statement by the Club and SJ in regards to the quality of player we want to bring in to the Club and build the squad SJ feels he needs for his first season in the Premier League
If it wasn't for the medication I,d be chewing on your skin

Huxley

Hey Seri Seri,
You came from the cote d azur,
You'll lead to vic-tor-y,
Hey Seri Seri

General

Cairney being tied down was big, ream less so.. but having seen xavi waxing lyrical about Seri I watched videos on YouTube and this guy looks head and shoulders above most. 26 yr old and having beaten a lot of top clubs I'd consider this a) a coup and b) a big statement of intent from the club. Hopefully the start of a few similar quality signings. Shows definite ambition. Fans of other clubs around Europe will be suprised/impressed/perk up now.

Slaphead in Qatar

the nutflush

Hey Seri Seri. We're better than Chelsea....