News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri Signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Deeping_white, July 12, 2018, 10:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 12, 2018, 10:56:28 AM
Let's all spare a thought for Stefjo.
Will still have an important part to play. You can never really predict who will do what due to injuries etc. I remember when Aluko signed and if you look back it was all 'bit part player, won't play 20 games, will be sub most of time' if Johansen is still here at start of season I still think he will play over 25 games.
Just the views of a long term fan

General

Quote from: OZ-WHITE on July 12, 2018, 10:58:57 AM
Not sure what we paid - some reports are that his Release Clause of 35 Million Euro expired last Sunday and that we offered £20 Million plus add ons
Sure is a statement by the Club and SJ in regards to the quality of player we want to bring in to the Club and build the squad SJ feels he needs for his first season in the Premier League

Also bodes well in keeping slavisa at the club with the board backing him in such a way! 90% pass completion too and the highest passer in ligue 1 with over 2,400 it's exciting times.

milky1

Alongside Max Le Marchand - just confirmed.

Count Flapula

For context, this is what Xavi said about him last year (if anyone knows what a good midfielder looks like it's Xavi!):

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/he-would-do-so-well-barca-xavi-wants-seri-camp-nou

He would do so well at Barca - Xavi wants Seri at Camp Nou

Having closely followed the progress of the 'African Xavi', the man himself would like to see Jean Michael Seri move to Barcelona from Nice.

Published
12 August 2017
Xavi believes Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri has the talent to play for Barcelona after following the career of the 'African Xavi'.

The 26-year-old starred as Nice finished third in Ligue 1 last season, with his form reportedly attracting suitors across Europe, while Xavi's interest was piqued by his nickname.

And Seri could take up Xavi's former role at Camp Nou, according to the Barca great, who has been "entranced" by the midfielder's play.

"When I was told that a player from Nice was called the 'African Xavi', I followed him very closely," Xavi told Le Parisien. "I didn't know [Seri] and I was entranced.

"I'm not used to seeing such talent in midfield any more. The short game, long game, tactical intelligence, long-range shooting, personality, organisation of the play... Madre mia!

"He would do so well at Barca. He can play anywhere in the middle. He is fantastic. He has what they call the Barca DNA. No doubt."

the nutflush

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 12, 2018, 10:56:28 AM
Let's all spare a thought for Stefjo.

Don't worry about StefJo. Still a vital player for us who will play a lot of matches. It's a long season and we need depth in midfield options.

filham

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 12, 2018, 11:02:09 AM
The Sun saying we got le Marchand too.
So is the OFFAL, great stuff, now lets get Mitrovic please.
As for the fees we can be pretty sure they will be undisclosed.

Huxley

Wow to go from signing Fotheringham to Seri.... long live the Khan.

Mitch

I like the positivity of this signing. I think it shows an intent to make the club self-sustaining within fair-play rules and via transfers. We're obviously looking at players who be costly but could be sold on for extreme amounts; I know that's a weird thought when we've only picked the guy up, but for a club of our size, it's a perfect strategy.

OZ-WHITE

One of the options SJ has is McDonald as the Right CB paired with Ream - Le Marchand at LB ( he was switched to LB for the last half of the season )
StefJo is then the Deep Playmaker / Sweeper - Seri at LM and Cairney at RM

( I got that front to back ) better now
If it wasn't for the medication I,d be chewing on your skin

Count Flapula

Would be interesting to find out what wages he's on... £80K per week? North of that?

cmg

Fulham FC are pleased to announce the , slightly delayed, arrival of the Big Time.

Big money (whatever it might be). Big player - well, actually, small player but built like a welterwight boxer, but Big on talent. Has caught the eye of some of the Big names in the game.
Seems to work very hard and have a passing range that will add a new dimension to our game.

Great news.
More to come hopefully....oh, look more has come.

Sherlock

A really exciting signing. And it also puts into perspective just how huge that win at Wembley almost 2 months ago was. Just look at the difference between ourselves and Villa right now. We should be very thankful for it however this season goes.

RaySmith

Quote from: Sherlock on July 12, 2018, 11:40:13 AM
A really exciting signing. And it also puts into perspective just how huge that win at Wembley almost 2 months ago was. Just look at the difference between ourselves and Villa right now. We should be very thankful for it however this season goes.

0001.jpeg 049:gif

Lighthouse

I don't know enough about him but it seems as if the club are willing to pay out for players of high quality. Good luck to him and hope he settles and plays well.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC_Benster

That's one in the chops for all the doubters! I've read some real negativity on here recently so it's great to have some positive news, and to see everyone react so positively. Can we talk about staying up now please? [emoji16][emoji108][emoji460]️

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mince n Tatties

RoyTund

nose returns

sounds good, I had not really heard of either but take everyiones word these are top class signings. Not sure why he is coming to fulham if barca wanted him last season so assume a bigger club could have been available However, why not, a big fish in a smaller pond will priobably be a smarter move for him and a brillaint step for us.

One word of caution... I hope, I really hope there is no sting in the tail with fitness and stuff like that, otherwise a very good start, MITRO and two or three more and we will be on our way.

PutneyPhil

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on July 12, 2018, 11:00:02 AM
Hey Seri Seri,
You came from the cote d azur,
You'll lead to vic-tor-y,
Hey Seri Seri

This one will run and run...

Jean Michaël Seri,
His passing's a sight to see
He's filling the fans with glee
Jean Michaël Seri...

Cottage Industry

This really looks to be a very great signing and one that could be the turning stone in FFC  return to the Premiership. I just wonder having obtained J.M.Seri to the midfield whether SJ has plans to use the other SJ in the forward line. If we now get Mitro they know each other and could form a new pairing. He has worked wonders before so it will be interesting to see what develops.

Anyway hats off to the management on this one, carry on the good work and we will all be happy.