News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri Signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Deeping_white, July 12, 2018, 10:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

Wearing the #24 in the training video we just posted for anyone interested.

Fulhamfan666

Looking forward to seeing him in action. COYW

PaulUMD

Wow.  Way to make a statement to the League and the world.

fulhamben

ive just seen that this is subject to international clearance and a work permit. i presume thats just a mere formality or could there be a fulhamish spanner thrown into the works?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

Quote from: fulhamben on July 12, 2018, 02:12:47 PM
ive just seen that this is subject to international clearance and a work permit. i presume thats just a mere formality or could there be a fulhamish spanner thrown into the works?

The work permit is partly based on the wages paid, and he'll be the best paid Fulham player. That along with him being a full international should make it a mere formality.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: fulhamben on July 12, 2018, 02:12:47 PM

Work permit etc. will be easy. a) It's a big money deal which means you can get special clearance and b) he plays pretty regularly for the Ivory Coast which is the standard criteria for work permits given out.

SuffolkWhite

So is he a general midfielder or is he attacking, defensive? I hope he is like Kante down the road. But good to get what is hopefully a quality midfielder in.

Just need a few more now.

COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

S.F.Sorrow

Wow, if this is the level of players we are aiming for I can understand the delay. Excellent signing!

Tabby

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on July 12, 2018, 03:55:40 PM
So is he a general midfielder or is he attacking, defensive? I hope he is like Kante down the road. But good to get what is hopefully a quality midfielder in.

Just need a few more now.

COYW

The player that Seri is usually compared to is Xavi. He is very much a playmaker rather than a midfield destroyer like Kante.

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

The Rock

Taking a step back, Chelsea just finally fired their manager. There is no vision and players want to see what will become of RA.

We have vision, and an owner that is able to be committed to the PL and seriously on the up n up.

I sense a change in the tide in SW6.

The Rock

Quote from: The Rock on July 12, 2018, 04:53:07 PM
Taking a step back, Chelsea just finally fired their manager. There is no vision and players want to see what will become of RA.

We have vision, and an owner that is able to be committed to the PL and seriously on the up n up.

I sense a change in the tide in SW6.

Sorry - an owner that might take Wembley as a "back up" stadium.

gang

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 12, 2018, 10:56:28 AM
Let's all spare a thought for Stefjo.

[/

It's a squad game nowadays and he will still be needed.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: gang on July 12, 2018, 05:22:05 PM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 12, 2018, 10:56:28 AM
Let's all spare a thought for Stefjo.

[/

It's a squad game nowadays and he will still be needed.

Yes, Stefjo will definitely be needed. Let's not forget, our squad was very thin last year with both Stefjo and Cairney playing semi-injured for parts of the season. With our current squad we can actually allow one midfielder to be injured and receive treatment... Unless it's KMac of course. We still need cover for him.

The rest of the squad is still ridiculously thin so lets hope for more good news within the next couple of days/weeks.

YankeeJim

When he lines up, who other than Mitro and Betts are much over 6 feet tall. We are not going to be a big team at all.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Andyb

YankeeJim

Just went and read up on him. Seems he usually sits deep and plays a lot as a defensive type mid. Does this mean a 4-2-3-1 against strong attacking teams or does KMac sit? 

The lad can take a penalty, is a good catholic boy, is quick and seems to like to do back heels. Take a look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvxUUOnSv1I

fulhamben

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 12, 2018, 06:29:14 PM
When he lines up, who other than Mitro and Betts are much over 6 feet tall. We are not going to be a big team at all.
height isnt everything. Odoi can out jump most players
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

So, does anyone know how much we actually paid for Seri? I've seen estimates between £17.7 million £30 million. Rare that the amount varies that much between the outlets.

YankeeJim

Quote from: fulhamben on July 12, 2018, 07:19:54 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 12, 2018, 06:29:14 PM
height isnt everything. Odoi can out jump most players

True, but someone like Kompany would simply put a body on him and keep him out of the play. You saw what Croatia has done with tall folks on the attacking side and what France has done on the defensive. As is often said, "you can't teach pace". Neither can you teach height. Size does have an advantage. Dennis is  a good example of what a shorter man can do. If he were 6'3" he'd be playing alone side someone like Kompany on one of the check book teams.