watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football Came Home

Started by JoelH5, July 12, 2018, 11:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Football came home the moment you found yourself celebrating Kane's last minute winner against Tunisia with complete unadulterated joy. Football came home the moment you found yourself in love with the country's football team again. Football came home the moment you found yourself wishing Southgate was England manager for years to come. Football came home the moment you realised that it's cool again to support England. Football came home the moment you realised no matter how fucked politically this country may be - that this sport can give people respite when all around is doom and gloom - uniting an entire nation.

This was never about winning. Think about your expectations before the tournament started. You never could have imagined what would happen next.

Our youngest ever squad. The youngest squad in the entire competition. A squad picked on form - and not based on the club they play for. A World Cup brace and a World Cup hat trick. Our biggest ever World Cup win. A potential Golden Boot. A World Cup penalty save for the first time in 20 years - from our youngest ever goalkeeper. Our first penalty shootout win at a World Cup ever. A World Cup semi final for the first time in 28 years. Gareth Southgate's redemption for his own penalty miss all those years ago.

What a tournament and what an effort from these boys and this young inspiring manager.

Croatia may feel like a missed opportunity and in many ways it was - but they are a very good side with some fantastic players at their disposal who were simply better on the day. I congratulate them on their own magnificent achievements this Summer and wish them all the best for the final.

We have the best U17s in the World. We have the best U20s in the World. Our youngest ever senior team have also just written their names in the history books. The future is extremely bright and I already can't wait for what it may have in store.

God I had some fun this last month. Memories made with my friends and family that I will never forget. It was never about winning.

🦁🦁🦁

(From David Gross on Facebook)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Good Post, and very true.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Great post,just so proud of our boys.