more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who's next?

Started by Andy S, July 12, 2018, 11:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: The Enclosurite on July 14, 2018, 08:44:20 AM
Anyone else now starting to think, with the high standards set by the Seri signing, that Mitrovic might not happen and sights could be set on someone even better?

Mitrovic produced the goods for us.. so not sure.. plus he had a good relationship with slavisa.. that said I hope it's the case re most of the other loan players. I for one, for instance, don't think kalas is good enough.. or piazon, or Norwood. 

The Enclosurite

Quote from: General on July 14, 2018, 09:03:53 AM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on July 14, 2018, 08:44:20 AM
Anyone else now starting to think, with the high standards set by the Seri signing, that Mitrovic might not happen and sights could be set on someone even better?

Mitrovic produced the goods for us.. so not sure.. plus he had a good relationship with slavisa.. that said I hope it's the case re most of the other loan players. I for one, for instance, don't think kalas is good enough.. or piazon, or Norwood. 

Totally agree with the others.  If we want to push on and make an impact then we need a much higher quality of player.
¡COYW!

filham

Quote from: grandad on July 13, 2018, 09:08:52 PM
Mr Ambition would rather sell Targett to Bromsgrove Rovers before us.
Well Friday 13th passed without any new signings which is probably a good thing, terrible thought, imagine us paying 13million for a player yesterday, he would always carry the tag of our Friday 13th player.

Woolly Mammoth

If we are clearly going for a higher calibre of player, whereupon the length of time to negotiate a fair deal may end up being a lot longer.
I feel this coming week, with around 26 days left altogether, this next week and the following week could see a lot of activity.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WolverineFFC

I think another double signing with Augustinsson and Mitrovic once they come back from their WC Holidays.

filham

Quote from: HobGoblin on July 13, 2018, 02:23:40 PM
31mill defender and a 18mill attacker then it seems. Add to the 20 mill for Mitro and the 10 mill for Targett and the 16mill for the guy at wolves. That is some outlay
Don't listen to all of those rumours, only rarely do they hapen. We are now likely to sign a few squad players unwanted by there present clubs whose total vaue could be met by the sale of Fonte.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2018, 06:11:51 PM
Quote from: HobGoblin on July 13, 2018, 02:23:40 PM
31mill defender and a 18mill attacker then it seems. Add to the 20 mill for Mitro and the 10 mill for Targett and the 16mill for the guy at wolves. That is some outlay

I think we'll end up geting that lot (Seri, MLM, Mitro, Targett/Augustinsson and Cavaliero/Zinchenko) for about £60m total, which isn't a huge or surprising outlay for a newly-promoted team in this transfer climate. Personally I think we need to (and FWIW I actually think we will) spend another £30m on top of that, say on Fabri, Musacchio, Kalas, Piazon, Norwood and one or two of others. Then I could genuinely see us competing for those places around 10th - 14th. 

I make us at still needing about 7/8 players (either 1/2 LB or 1/2 CB depending on how they utilise MLM, a RB, CDM, RW and at least one ST, plus the club want a keeper), so spending another £50ish+ million doesn't sound too hard or unlikely to happen. Even if we buy £90-£100m worth of players in this window, we're not going to pay all of that up front so I think the club are trying to sign players and be clever with the payments to maximise who we can get this window, and spread the costs out over a few years to satisfy FFP.

Tabby

I really don't think we are getting a replacement for Fredericks. That was Christie.

Still need a right sided CD on top of what Statto was suggesting though.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Tabby on July 14, 2018, 07:19:00 PM
I really don't think we are getting a replacement for Fredericks. That was Christie.

We've only got one senior RB at the club though so if he gets suspended/injured then we're in a lot of trouble so I'd imagine they'll get someone in so that we're not reliant on kids, even if they've got a lot of promise

Tabby

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 14, 2018, 08:00:27 PM
Quote from: Tabby on July 14, 2018, 07:19:00 PM

We've only got one senior RB at the club though so if he gets suspended/injured then we're in a lot of trouble so I'd imagine they'll get someone in so that we're not reliant on kids, even if they've got a lot of promise

Odoi can play RB. If we get a CB in so he doesn't play there, he'd be cover.

filham

Just hope we make the necessary signings which enable us to hit the ground running against Palace.
So looking forward to the new season but will be disappointed if we have an incomplete team that can be exploited by the likes of Palace and we find ourselves in a relegation battle from day one.

hovewhite

Quote from: filham on July 16, 2018, 05:54:27 PM
Just hope we make the necessary signings which enable us to hit the ground running against Palace.
So looking forward to the new season but will be disappointed if we have an incomplete team that can be exploited by the likes of Palace and we find ourselves in a relegation battle from day one.
can't see us being in that position as window closes before a ball is kicked for real.

Woolly Mammoth

About 23 days left, and the skeleton squad have left for their overseas tour.
Not sure this is an ideal situation given the fact that the club have known for definite that we would be in the Premier League 52 days ago.
As well as the fact that the club must have sown seeds beforehand  in case we did make it.
As well as the fact that by the end of the season, the club must have known whether that wanted to retain and sign on Mitro, Targett, Norwood, Kalas and Piazon seeing as they know all about them.
So far I have heard all the so called reasons and excuses why Mitro has not been signed, not while he is in the World Cup, not while he is on holiday, which I do not particularly buy.
It does not prevent his agent from carrying out his duties.
But the other 4 were not in the World Cup, and they can no longer be on holiday.
So is it either we have decided we do not need their services, or they do not wish to come, or we cannot agree terms.
It's no good saying, other clubs have not been active in the market.
But other clubs are not in a hole as deep as Fulham, the newest club the smallest squad, not an ideal situation for a club that has so much catching up to do, with very little time to get organised for the first League match of the season.

Never forget your Roots.

fawazco

I wish  Ricardo Quaresma 34"   Leader and Great player ,  David Neres  (AJAX) :HD: , Aleksandar Mitrovic ,  Gonzalo Martinez , GK  Guillermo Ochoa , Rudika Vida

APS

filham

Friday tomorrow and then just 3 wees to our first match, we are short of players in  key position, come on Fulham , we are getting worried.

fulham traveller

Mitrovic next in fact

Woolly Mammoth

20 more days until the deadline. 1234567891011121314151617181920.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Oh dear, only three weeks to our big Premiership KO, it is a painful countdown, a lot just has to happen next week. Of course we said that last week.

Woolly Mammoth

Mitro and Fabri at least surely.

Never forget your Roots.