more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who's next?

Started by Andy S, July 12, 2018, 11:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Quote from: filham on July 20, 2018, 07:08:35 PM
Oh dear, only three weeks to our big Premiership KO, it is a painful countdown, a lot just has to happen next week. Of course we said that last week.
Doesn't anybody remember the Winter window last year?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: TerryR on July 22, 2018, 04:12:51 AM
Oh dear, only three weeks to our big Premiership KO, it is a painful countdown, a lot just has to happen next week. Of course we said that last week.

I understand and appreciate your point, and what you are saying.
However, we were in the Championship then, and it was the last throw of the dice.
This time we are in with the big boys, with more money, bigger stadiums, more power, with bigger quality squads already under their belts.
They are established, whereas we have a smaller weaker squad than last season.
Potentially we can improve and increase our squad. But the next 18 days will fly by, and the manager needs players on the training  ground and on the field of play in friendlies.
If we can complete plenty of business this week on the incoming side, then it will increase moral, confidence and allow Jok time to organise and prepare, not a lot of time, and not really enough time ideally.
But it is what it is.
Come this Saturday, and no more than two additions, then the remaining ten days will be a case of pot luck and hope for the best, and having to pay over the odds to secure a target.
So if we are going to pay over the odds anyway, do it now, rather than leave it until the Thursday prior to the match.
Crystal Palace are our visitors. Picture it now.
They will bring a raucious sell out support. In a high profile first match of the season London Derby.
Roy Hodgson will not want to lose against us on his first visit back, Palace are his team now, not us, so let's not get too sentimental, Jok is our Manager now not Roy, he will not have any sentiment, that's for losers, we have moved on from those days.
Hodgson will be leading a competitive Palace team, with their own quality. Who already have the experience and fighting spirit to stay up, no prisoners taken.
We need a win in our first home match, at the very least a result.
Because these matches will not get any easier.
This is a can win match, but only if we bring in the Cavalry.
After the 9th August we are on our own, and it's bread and butter stuff to hold our own, the last thing we need is to lose our unbeaten home run at the Cottage first game.
It isn't going to be easy anyway, let's not make it easier for opponents.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Possible we are adopting last seasons transfer tactics and are making sure we get deadline day bargains by not signing expensive players too early.
Be prepared for a Fonte equivalent in defence from overseas who could be ready for 1st team duty about four weeks after signing.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2018, 04:31:34 PM

However, we were in the Championship then, and it was the last throw of the dice.
This time we are in with the big boys, with more money, bigger stadiums, more power, with bigger quality squads already under their belts.
Potentially we can improve and increase our squad. But the next 18 days will fly by, and the manager needs players on the training  ground and on the field of play in friendlies.
If we can complete plenty of business this week on the incoming side, then it will increase moral, confidence and allow Jok time to organise and prepare, not a lot of time, and not really enough time ideally.
But it is what it is.
Come this Saturday, and no more than two additions, then the remaining ten days will be a case of pot luck and hope for the best, and having to pay over the odds to secure a target.
So if we are going to pay over the odds anyway, do it now, rather than leave it until the Thursday prior to the match.
They will bring a raucious sell out support. In a high profile first match of the season London Derby.
Roy Hodgson will not want to lose against us on his first visit back, Palace are his team now, not us, so let's not get too sentimental, Jok is our Manager now not Roy, he will not have any sentiment, that's for losers, we have moved on from those days.
Hodgson will be leading a competitive Palace team, with their own quality. Who already have the experience and fighting spirit to stay up, no prisoners taken.
After the 9th August we are on our own, and it's bread and butter stuff to hold our own, the last thing we need is to lose our unbeaten home run at the Cottage first game.

Crystal Palace is about to lose Zaha... they're making it easier for us, I guess. Personally, I don't think the timing of when whatever players come in is that important. Our guys can hold their own now and will be ready to go once the season starts.

hovewhite

next one in fabri.who knows after fabri? It's fulham!

wheelerdeeler

I know it's not the point being made, but I swear Roy came back to the Cottage with West Brom?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 22, 2018, 06:38:04 PM
I know it's not the point being made, but I swear Roy came back to the Cottage with West Brom?

He may have done, and I stand corrected if that is the case, but you know what I mean.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Andy S on July 12, 2018, 11:41:21 PM
I expect the new signings to come thick and fast now but who will be next?
Opening post for this thread was ten days ago, today these new signings have not arrived. Will it all happen this week or are the club letting it run up to window deadline day again.

hovewhite

Are the medicals at Fulham stretching int 2days now?
Fabris went in ,is he still at motspur?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on July 24, 2018, 02:53:23 PM
Are the medicals at Fulham stretching int 2days now?
Fabris went in ,is he still at motspur?

It's that dam cough drop, I use to have to go through it at school.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on July 12, 2018, 11:41:21 PM
I expect the new signings to come thick and fast now but who will be next?

We still don't know 💤

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

HobGoblin

Fabri confirmed, Mitrovic tomorrow from reports explaining him being on hols and deal already being agreed in place. Hopefully some of the other players we've been linked with and I'd expect a couple of under the radar players to arrive.

Woolly Mammoth

Stand by for Action !!

Never forget your Roots.

General

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2018, 03:12:59 PM
Stand by for Action !!

More to come? How many and in what time frame?

davew

Quote from: filham on July 22, 2018, 05:24:50 PM
Possible we are adopting last seasons transfer tactics and are making sure we get deadline day bargains by not signing expensive players too early.
Be prepared for a Fonte equivalent in defence from overseas who could be ready for 1st team duty about four weeks after signing.
(LOL), Fonte still isn't ready for 1st team duty, how long has he been with us?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: General on July 24, 2018, 03:33:35 PM
Stand by for Action !!

You must chill General, your making me excited as well, I must go and have a lie down.

Never forget your Roots.

David I

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 22, 2018, 06:05:48 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2018, 04:31:34 PM

But it is what it is.

Crystal Palace is about to lose Zaha... they're making it easier for us, I guess. Personally, I don't think the timing of when whatever players come in is that important. Our guys can hold their own now and will be ready to go once the season starts.
I wish I shared your optimism.... However, as it stands we do not have the striker we had been crying out for (Mitrovic) for the past few seasons, no back up striker, no LB.... All very much Deja vu.
Let alone any depth for injuries.
So looking at pre season results with the current squad, how, prey tell, can anyone claim "our guys can hold their own"?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: General on July 24, 2018, 03:33:35 PM
Stand by for Action !!

Next 24 hours a medical ?

Never forget your Roots.