watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Keepers

Started by aaronmcguigan, July 14, 2018, 03:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Anyone know why all the senior players are getting minutes in friendlies except our number 1 and 2 keepers? Same thing happened last season , before Button came back for the tour, and Betts left out altogether until after the tour. Both were rumoured to be leaving last summer, and Button this summer.
I'm assuming there's no injuries but why no minutes? Even if they're both replaced, we need a number 2 keeper at least!

bucksfulham

According to Jim, both have picked up slight injuries

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: bucksfulham on July 14, 2018, 03:37:36 PM
According to Jim, both have picked up slight injuries

Thanks for the info. Betts picked up an injury last season and Button made the most of his chance. Any injuries and I'm sure tony would have no hesitation in getting the chequebook out

Russianrob

Which would have the more negative outcome? Hart in goal for England or Button in goal for Fulham?

bobby01

Button is second on the transfer whispers of sky. I guess the time it's taking to sign this Turkish keeper is what is holding it up.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

No harm in giving Rodak a few games at the start of pre-season. Have to say I've been very impressed with him so far.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Russianrob on July 15, 2018, 08:49:45 AM
Which would have the more negative outcome? Hart in goal for England or Button in goal for Fulham?
I wouldn't mind Button in goal, but Hart for England would make no difference to our preseason or premier league campaign; unless we sign him

fulhamben

Not fussed about keepers playing in friendlies, it's the one position where they do less on the pitch than they do in training. Hell they probably do more in the warm up than they do in 90. So yes I'm all for giving the youth a taster in friendlies
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.