more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got home from Aldershot .

Started by Riversider, July 14, 2018, 04:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Fulham 0 Reading 0
Not a lot to report really, it is what it is a friendly in July on a bone hard pitch with a very young Fulham side,
New signing Le Marchand started at left back before moving to centre back after Tim Ream went off injured after 10 minutes after a clash of heads, Le Marchand is very similar in playing style to Ream, always looked very composed and relaxed on the ball and never looked troubled,if I was asked though whether he is going to play at LB or CB I honestly couldn't tell you, he doesn't look like a distinctive CB or LB so it will be interesting to see where he ends up playing,
Would be churlish to post any negative comments after a pre season game, as at least 5 of these players won't be playing in the 1st game against Palace,
One point of interest was that there was no sign of KMac , Johansen played in his role and played very well, could we possibly see Johansen playing behind Cairney and Seri when the season starts ?
I must say as well Diarra replaced Johansen at half time and had a good game
We are some distance off from being a Premier League side at the moment, let's hope for a busy week ahead with at least 2 or 3 new faces arriving,
One last thing of note, Ryan Sessegnon has really developed physically since last season, doesn't look like a skinny little kid any more as he has really filled out and bulked up 👍🏻

cmg

Thanks for that.

Assume you mean Cissé rather than Diarra. Must have played well for that confusion!

bog

Riversider

Quote from: cmg on July 14, 2018, 04:41:35 PM
Thanks for that.

Assume you mean Cissé rather than Diarra. Must have played well for that confusion!

Yes , sorry for that, lots of subs and no name on any of the shirts.

FulhamElite

Thanks for the post. I'm interested to hear how the youngsters faired, particularly Rodak, S Sess, De La Torre and O'Riley. Anything of note on them?

bucksfulham

Quote from: FulhamElite on July 14, 2018, 05:19:27 PM
Thanks for the post. I'm interested to hear how the youngsters faired, particularly Rodak, S Sess, De La Torre and O'Riley. Anything of note on them?
https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-vs-reading-player-ratings-14908470

millsy

Those 4 all looked good. Sess2 seems quite confident and takes men on. Shows for the ball and makes decent runs and crosses.

De La Torre looked his usual nifty self, without really creating anything of note. One for the future.

Liked O'reilly, who always looks composed and comfortable on the ball. As we already know, good passing range and played some incisive passes today.

Rodák confident and comfortable. Did nothing wrong and made a couple of great stops. Comes off his line well and passes out from the back. To be fair, no pressure on the out ball today though.

Fossey looked a bit stretched when he came on. Otherwise, nothing of note, except really liked the look of Le Marchand. Composed and neat, with nice left foot. Very much like Ream, so maybe our starting LB?

filham

Thanks for the report, interesting to see if any of the young players have any chance of a premiership debut.

Riversider

Quote from: filham on July 14, 2018, 05:42:14 PM
Thanks for the report, interesting to see if any of the young players have any chance of a premiership debut.

Not on this showing , but as I say it would be churlish to say too much at this stage of the season, though I thought the two centre halves looked very solid in the second half (Jenz and Djalo)

HillingdonFFC

Many there ? Went to the midweek Brighton one a couple of seasons ago & reckon we had 800 odd out of 900 attendance. Reading not too far from Aldershot so imagine they'd have a few?

Riversider

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 14, 2018, 06:52:50 PM
Many there ? Went to the midweek Brighton one a couple of seasons ago & reckon we had 800 odd out of 900 attendance. Reading not too far from Aldershot so imagine they'd have a few?

I was also at that Brighton game and I would say that the attendance was roughly the same though Reading may have had a couple more there than Brighton had.
Would expect to see more there when we play Sampdoria

Barrett487

Thanks to those you posted reviews  :54:

Holders

I remember a University Challenge question once - where do Gurkhas come from? Answer - Aldershot (or Nepaldershot if you prefer). 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

aaronmcguigan

Riversider

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Riversider on July 14, 2018, 10:16:48 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on July 14, 2018, 08:31:58 PM
Cauleys dead and buried then?

Played for the U23's against Barnet.

Rumour that Barnsley want him to replace Bradshaw who is on his way out.

Mince n Tatties

The new kit looks good actually when you see it on the players...

Andy S

Why oh why do people want to watch pre season training sessions? Much less pay to do so

cmg

Quote from: Andy S on July 15, 2018, 10:01:04 AM
Why oh why do people want to watch pre season training sessions? Much less pay to do so

My guess is: an interest in football, and being supporters of the football club.
May be wrong.

Snibbo

Quote from: cmg on July 15, 2018, 10:46:13 AM
Quote from: Andy S4 on July 15, 2018, 10:01:04 AM

My guess is: an interest in football, and being supporters of the football club.
May be wrong.
:plus one: