Main Menu

Everton

Started by Mince n Tatties, July 14, 2018, 06:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Won a friendly in Austria today 0-22.😂
Four players scored hat-tricks,did the other team turn up.😵

Deeping_white

The opposition keeper was letting them in during the second half, there's a funny video going round social media of him literally walking to the side of the goal so an Everton player could score into an empty net

Southcoastffc

Bill Shankly years ago - Everton's training drills involve playing a game against pretend opposition in the form of 11 dustbins placed on the pitch. Yesterday the dustbins won 3 nil.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Riversider

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 14, 2018, 06:49:20 PM
Won a friendly in Austria today 0-22.😂
Four players scored hat-tricks,did the other team turn up.😵

I've seen one of the goals, the keeper literally walked away from the goal to let the Everton player score, complete and utter waste of time for Everton.

Woolly Mammoth

I also saw that goal, absolutely bizarre and a complete farce, as was the whole match, how un professional is that.
What were Everton doing playing an Austrian fifth tier side. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

Some say it's good getting away on tour. But if you're going away for a kickabout and a few pints, what's the point? Staying at home and playing the local school team would have been more beneficial. Lots of teams go to Austria for pre season, should have been simple to find a team to play against

General

Not worth the time for Everton.  That said bizarrely whilst they scored 22 goals the opposition GK still managed to pull off quite a few pretty impressive saves.

St. Andrews White

For one goal the keeper moved to the side of the goal to let it roll in.

So either they were asked to be a punching bag or that player was making a point. Either way can't understand what the point was for Everton
Quote from: Statto on July 15, 2018, 12:27:55 AM
Disrespectful IMO. The Everton manager should have a go at all of them, and potentially consider his own team selection. If you play an Austrian 5th tier team, their expectation is probably that you'll play a lot of kids and only treat it as a light run-out to start getting people back in the swing of things. Do these Everton players think they're proving or gaining anything by going hell for leather to humiliate a bunch of part-timers who've been kind enough to host of them? It's a bit like Anthony Joshua battering some amateur who's agreed to a light sparring session.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 14, 2018, 07:34:47 PM
I also saw that goal, absolutely bizarre and a complete farce, as was the whole match, how un professional is that.

I know they could have stayed home and played QPR.😁

_Putney_

Quote from: Statto on July 15, 2018, 12:27:55 AM
Disrespectful IMO. The Everton manager should have a go at all of them, and potentially consider his own team selection. If you play an Austrian 5th tier team, their expectation is probably that you'll play a lot of kids and only treat it as a light run-out to start getting people back in the swing of things. Do these Everton players think they're proving or gaining anything by going hell for leather to humiliate a bunch of part-timers who've been kind enough to host of them? It's a bit like Anthony Joshua battering some amateur who's agreed to a light sparring session.

Football. The game where people score goals. How disrespectful. What would have been much more respectful of to have said, we're so good, you're so crap, that we're going to stop the game half way through, or just never attach the goal. Much better.

Holders

In those circumstances, I'd be a bit worried that they only won 22-0.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham Tup North

:hook:  I think it was either their 16th Goal or their 17th goal... was way offside.  Very poor refereeing in my opinion.  Pity they didn't have VAR for that one !!!    :wine: 064.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 15, 2018, 07:02:19 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 14, 2018, 07:34:47 PM

I know they could have stayed home and played QPR.😁

I remember back in 1957 Huddersfield scores 6 goals against Charlton, and still lost 7 6. Which is the most any team has scored and still lost.
Talking about records. Chester had a penalty awarded v Witton in 2016 after just 6 seconds. That's the quickest penalty ever.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 15, 2018, 10:27:48 AM
:hook:  I think it was either their 16th Goal or their 17th goal... was way offside.  Very poor refereeing in my opinion.  Pity they didn't have VAR for that one !!!    :wine: 064.gif

Yes and as you know goals change games, that could have been crucial, but the offside was so obvious, and what was the lino doing.

Never forget your Roots.