https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Current Squad

Started by MrFFC, July 14, 2018, 10:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

As things stand

Marcus Bettinelli
David Button (looks like joining Brighton)
Marek Rodák

Cyrus Christie
Steven Sessegnon
Marcelo Djalo (likely to leave)
Tim Ream
Denis Odoi
Maxime Le Marchand

Tom Cairney
Stefan Johansen
Kevin McDonald
Jean Michael Seri
Ibrahima Cissé (likely to leave)
Matt O'Riley

Neeskens Kebano
Floyd Ayite
Ryan Sessegnon
Luca De La Torre

Abou Kamara
Rui Fonte

Massive few weeks for Fulham. 2 hugely impressive signing in Le Marchand & Seri but many more are needed. Squad is so small when you think Djalo & Ciise will probably move on when more signings come in. I genuinely believe Steven Sessegnon will be back up to Christie this season & will be around the squad & I like O'Riley I think he could make the bench a few times as the season progresses he is a big talent.

This isn't a dig at the club or the squad I'm very happy with the signings we made last week just shows how much we still have left to do. I'm not going to be unrealistic & say we need another 10 players as that just won't happen. But I believe we need another 6 for me

GK , CB , LB , RM , ST X2

2 testing friendlies coming up against Lyon & Fenerbahçe hopefully we will get to see Seri make an appearance over these 2 games!
Come on you Whites!! :)

S.F.Sorrow

Agreed, assuming Cisse and Djalo are leaving 6 more players is the absolute minimum. But my priorities would probably be GK, CB, LB, ST x2 + DM (cover for KMac). Then another RW if there's any money left...

This plus 4-5 youngsters as cover would still leave the squad a bit thin but I don't think we can expect more at this point.

aaronmcguigan

Is there links or rumours surrounding Djalo and Cisse?

wheelerdeeler

Fabri; Christie, New RCB, Ream, New LB; McDonald, Cairney, Seri; New RW, Mitrovic, Sessegnon

Subs; Bettinelli, Odoi, Le Marchand, New Holding-Mid depth option, Johansen, AK47, Ayite

Reserves/Cup Games; Djalo, Cisse, Kebano, O'Riley, Fonte, S. Sessegnon. Think if Djalo and Cisse were off they'd be playing with the U23s like Woodrow is.

Personally how I think the rest of the window will go/how the squad will end up. 6 signings; Fabri, a RCB, a LB, a RW, Mitrovic and a back-up DM.

General

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 14, 2018, 11:59:55 PM
Fabri; Christie, New RCB, Ream, New LB; McDonald, Cairney, Seri; New RW, Mitrovic, Sessegnon

Subs; Bettinelli, Odoi, Le Marchand, New Holding-Mid depth option, Johansen, AK47, Ayite

Reserves/Cup Games; Djalo, Cisse, Kebano, O'Riley, Fonte, S. Sessegnon. Think if Djalo and Cisse were off they'd be playing with the U23s like Woodrow is.

Personally how I think the rest of the window will go/how the squad will end up. 6 signings; Fabri, a RCB, a LB, a RW, Mitrovic and a back-up DM.

I'm expecting more movement than that. Don't think ream should be a starter next season. His pace is a huge liability in this league now.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: General on July 15, 2018, 12:07:37 AM

I'm expecting more movement than that. Don't think ream should be a starter next season. His pace is a huge liability in this league now.

The Fabri/Bettinelli and Le Marchand/Ream ones are interchangeable depending on how much faith Jokanovic has in Ream and Bettinelli after getting us up. They'll be in the 18.

hovewhite

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 14, 2018, 11:21:12 PM
Is there links or rumours surrounding Djalo and Cisse?
think djalo will stay as potential cisse the same back up in squad.cyrus backed up by s sess agree there another CH right side  another MF mitro and another back up striker and a left back

S.F.Sorrow

Finally someone who agrees with me on Ream! After last years performance I think he deserves a chance but I also think it will be a huge risk to rely on him as a regular starter.

Regarding Cisse and Djalo there are no rumours about them leaving AFAIK but I really don't see how it would be in anyone's interest that they stay. When Kalas was injured Joka preferred a 178cm full back over Djalo. And when KMac was out he used Norwood rather than Cisse who would have been the obvious choice being the only other DM in the squad.

If they're not good enough even as cover in the Championship I really don't see how they can fit into a PL-squad. 2 games in the league cup and then waste another year of their career doing nothing? Or is there some unfulfilled potential that we haven't seen yet?

cmg

Don't think ream should be a starter next season. His pace is a huge liability in this league now.

From PotY to 'huge liability'. It's tough at the top!

The Rock

I think we can get away with just 5 more; 2 strikers, 1 midfielder, and 2 defenders.

But 4 (strikers and defenders) need to be starters.

Woolly Mammoth

Odoi is 5 Feet 10 inches.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Surely Woodrow must leave rather that rotting in the U23 squad?

Deeping_white

Personally I think that depending on how they feel like using MLM, we need a starting RCB, 2xLB so that sess doesn't need to play there, or one if MLM is used as a backup LB, in which case we need 2xCB. I still think we need someone as a backup RB, be it an older player who's fine being rotation, or someone better to start ahead of CC. A holding midfielder who's better than KMac, someone like M'Vila or Krychowiak, a starting RW, Mitro and potentially a backup ST as I think Slav prefers to use Kamara as a RW. I think they want the Besiktas keeper too so that's another to come in. Overall I think 6 more are definitely needed, but with the bonus of an extra RB, ST and Gk then potentially 9.

fulhamben

It's scary when you look at our current squad. You can see why we are early favs for the drop. Hope we get a few in this week
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Less than 4 weeks to the end f the window and the first match and we have yet to replace Fredericks, Kalas, Targett, N and  Mitrovic. Surely we are going to make some new signings soon.

RaySmith

Quote from: cmg on July 15, 2018, 12:33:20 PM
Don't think ream should be a starter next season. His pace is a huge liability in this league now.

From PotY to 'huge liability'. It's tough at the top!

From Hero to Zero so quickly, without even kicking a ball!

hovewhite

teamtend to agree ,cisse and djalo on long contracts and think they add depth to squad.
Djalo seems to have been attitude wise 100%,cisse who's younger more reactive  due to age I believe but I want that passion in players.