News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What youngster is most likely to make it?

Started by MrFFC, July 14, 2018, 10:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who can be the next Ryan Sessegnon??

Steven Sessegnon
22 (25.3%)
Matt O'Riley
49 (56.3%)
Luca De La Torre
10 (11.5%)
Marlon Fossey
3 (3.4%)
Other
3 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 87

MrFFC

Who can be the next player to make the break through from the academy & be a regular like Ryan Sessegnon has become? The break through is much harder now we are in the Premier League. I like De La Torre but for me the 2 with the best chances of a break through are Steven Sessegnon & Matt O'Riley. Huge fan of O'Riley but I will go with Steven Sessegnon to follow his brother in to the team this season as it progresses!
Come on you Whites!! :)

Andy S

I think progression will be via cup games this season more than league games but injuries could dictate otherwise with a small squad

Riverside

Quote from: VancouverWhite on July 15, 2018, 12:43:33 AM
What's Edun's status?

Edun played for the U-23s. Clearly not one that Joka thinks could step up this season

Fulham FC– Stahl (Ashley-Hammond), Drameh, Mundle-Smith (Opoka (Was then replaced with Garrido), Edun (Chris Kelly), Davies, Atkinson, Harris, De Havilland, Woodrow, Thompson (Jasper), Hilton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..FOF..

We have a 17 years old Ben Davis who just signed a professional contract with Fulham.

Made over 90% pass accuracy last season.

Should fit in Joka style of play.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/singaporean-teen-ben-davis-signs-professional-contract-fulham-015431648.html

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Always hard to judge on pre-season but Matt O'Riley looked excellent in the second half at Aldershot yesterday. Think he's got a really bright future ahead of him.

hovewhite

O'Riley all day long and successor after TC.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I checked and Singapoer National ?service is two years.
That is going to be a large chunk out of young Ben Davis football education and experience.

Classic94

O'Riley looks a real talent. Have been mightily impressed every time I've seen him play.

hovewhite

Quote from: Classic94 on July 15, 2018, 09:20:27 PM
O'Riley looks a real talent. Have been mightily impressed every time I've seen him play.
after Ryan sess think even PL level, O'Riley next big big thing from our academy pure quality.

..FOF..

Quote from: f321ffc on July 15, 2018, 07:40:19 AM
Quote from: ..FOF.. on July 15, 2018, 07:33:21 AM
We have a 17 years old Ben Davis who just signed a professional contract with Fulham.

Made over 90% pass accuracy last season.

Should fit in Joka style of play.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/singaporean-teen-ben-davis-signs-professional-contract-fulham-015431648.html
Looks like he's got some national service to do.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/mindef-rejects-fulham-signee-ben-davis-application-for-ns-10530834
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 15, 2018, 08:47:51 PM
I checked and Singapoer National ?service is two years.
That is going to be a large chunk out of young Ben Davis football education and experience.

He can still choose to represent England or Thailand.

filham

It just doesn't happen. If you forget Sess then we havn't had a regular home grown player in the team since Shaun Davis. If Patrick Roberts couldn't make it then it is hard to think who will.

HatterDon

Quote from: filham on July 16, 2018, 05:05:22 PM
It just doesn't happen. If you forget Sess then we havn't had a regular home grown player in the team since Shaun Davis. If Patrick Roberts couldn't make it then it is hard to think who will.

Roberts didn't make it here because of his attitude, IMHO. He never looked for the pass when attacking the penalty area. He just kept dribbling until he was dispossessed. Saw him quite a bit with Celtic in his first loan there, and he was much more team oriented.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

Quote from: HatterDon on July 17, 2018, 04:32:43 PM
Quote from: filham on July 16, 2018, 05:05:22 PM

Roberts didn't make it here because of his attitude, IMHO. He never looked for the pass when attacking the penalty area. He just kept dribbling until he was dispossessed. Saw him quite a bit with Celtic in his first loan there, and he was much more team oriented.
If the reason for Roberts moving on was that he didn't know when to pass then surely the coaches should have corrected that fault a long time before he left.