watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-History boys.

Started by bog, July 15, 2018, 08:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Has anyone looked at the page on the club site about a treasure trove of club business found at the club? A brilliant find. One piece is of Ronnie Rooke's new contract signed back in 1946 on my first birthday so there we see Ronnie's autograph. Well worth a look.

092.gif 

Holders

I was amused by the "keep off the grass" sign. When they had the Craven Cottage open day, before the move to Loftus Road, this inadvertently found its way home in my ex's coat and resided in the garden until I couldn't find it when I moved last. I think she must have taken it with her!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

Quote from: Holders on July 15, 2018, 10:12:38 AM
I was amused by the "keep off the grass" sign. When they had the Craven Cottage open day, before the move to Loftus Road, this inadvertently found its way home in my ex's coat and resided in the garden until I couldn't find it when I moved last. I think she must have taken it with her!

Nice story!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on July 15, 2018, 10:12:38 AM

That explains it, we have been looking for it ever since, where and when can we pick it up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fluffyninja

Just had a look , I don't remember Craven of Cottage , learnt something today  :003: Remember the cravenettes though thought Al Fayed was going to get arrested the first time I saw them also the photo of Les Strong and Hugh Grant doing the Fulham flutter is great !

RaySmith

SP

Great stuff.  Encouraging to hear all aspects of the club are being improved in preparation for the new season.

filham

That Ronnie Rooke contract is so interesting. Short and to the point, all clauses seem to be in the club's favour and I bet every other player in the team had the same contract.
I would love to see Mitrovics contract for comparison, bet it much longer and filled with all kinds of little statements to protect the player.