more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulhams Coming Home

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, July 15, 2018, 09:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

To the premiership...

I was going to re write Three Lions, as have heard it non stop for a month, and relate it to Fulham.

So far I have only come up with the title, but hopefully my incredible mind has sparked some creativity in others

Woolly Mammoth

Now that we are back in the Premier League, it's a completely different challenge. Hence the need for quality players to be recruited if we intend to stay there. It won't be easy, it never is for any team who are newly promoted.
The club has to be prepared to pay the going rate to attract these players who can make that difference. As well as look like a club worth playing for and not just surviving.
Jok has given us a decent reputation of playing football easy on the eye, from back to front, and keeping possession. We need now to build on it. Our Crack team of negotiators have to do their job thoroughly.
The next couple of weeks is vital.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 15, 2018, 09:59:24 PM
Now that we are back in the Premier League, it's a completely different challenge. Hence the need for quality players to be recruited if we intend to stay there. It won't be easy, it never is for any team who are newly promoted.
The club has to be prepared to pay the going rate to attract these players who can make that difference. As well as look like a club worth playing for and not just surviving.
Jok has given us a decent reputation of playing football easy on the eye, from back to front, and keeping possession. We need now to build on it. Our Crack team of negotiators have to do their job thoroughly.

It could catch on, WM, but what tune do we sing it to?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Stevieboy

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

toshes mate

Quote from: Holders on July 16, 2018, 09:43:39 AM

It starts up quite well as a fit for the much loved refrain from Elgar Pomp & Circumstance March No 1, but, afterwards,  I must admit it is in need of a bit of polishing up and editing here, there and everywhere.....

Woolly Mammoth

"My old mans a dustman".

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2018, 10:39:35 AM

"My old mans a dustman".

That doesn't scan - but maybe the Major-General's song from Pirate of Penzance.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on July 16, 2018, 11:37:33 AM

"My old mans a dustman".

On reflection, I deduce I may have posted this superb analogy of mine, on the wrong thread, my sincere apologies.

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2018, 11:45:08 AM
Quote from: Holders on July 16, 2018, 11:37:33 AM

"My old mans a dustman".

On reflection, I deduce I may have posted this superb analogy of mine, on the wrong thread, my sincere apologies.

Not at all, we need some new songs. I just suspect that WS Gilbert - or Lloyd-Webber - wouldn't have been that worried.

filham

It took Jocanovic a while to get us into good enough shape to be a Championship contender and we finished last season with a good first eleven but not a great deal of depth.
I trust the team can improve with two or three new signings ad that we will not be drawn into a relegation scrap. If we are expecting a vastly improved team then we may have a long wait.