more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tickets for first 3 games now on sale to season ticket holders

Started by HamsterWheel, July 16, 2018, 02:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterWheel

flyingfish

If I buy an extra ticket - how do I move my season socket seats to be with the new purchase? Just call the ticket office? How do they charge for that?

Riversider

Can somebody explain this situation to me, season tickets were sold out, this left a limited amount of tickets for members , season ticket holders were then denied the opportunity to buy any additional tickets but members could buy 2 tickets each,
We were then led to believe that we had thousands of new members and you would have thought that the members could comfortably sell the tickets available,
But then today, hey presto, the club are sending the season ticket holders an e-mail offering us a chance to buy 2 additional tickets each, either we haven't got many members or Palace, Burnley and Waford aren't sexy enough for our members and they are all waiting for Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal !
All very strange.

HamsterWheel

I expect they've kept back enough seats to cope with the Riverside season tickets holders shifting to the Putney End when the redevelopment starts.

petethefeet

I purchased a season ticket for my daughter and me in the family zone. I was told by the ticket office that I can buy additional if I want to bring the wife and other children, and then we can swap to seats in another stand if needs be. Then it was announced that we can't buy additional before members, but now we can? Yep, it's a tad confusing...

Neil D

No discounts for old geezers either.  All at £65 in the Riverside block Z.  This is the reality of the PL.  Stick it to everyone...

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on July 16, 2018, 04:14:31 PM
Can somebody explain this situation to me, season tickets were sold out, this left a limited amount of tickets for members , season ticket holders were then denied the opportunity to buy any additional tickets but members could buy 2 tickets each,
We were then led to believe that we had thousands of new members and you would have thought that the members could comfortably sell the tickets available,
But then today, hey presto, the club are sending the season ticket holders an e-mail offering us a chance to buy 2 additional tickets each, either we haven't got many members or Palace, Burnley and Waford aren't sexy enough for our members and they are all waiting for Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal !
All very strange.
not strange at all. Members get a window to buy one or two tickets depending on the game and then it goes to ST holders. They don't keep the window open for members to buy them all and you as a ST can now get some.
Traditionally we always have gaps first couple of games anyway and your right, these games are box office as such.
Just the views of a long term fan

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on July 16, 2018, 06:04:20 PM
All very strange.
not strange at all. Members get a window to buy one or two tickets depending on the game and then it goes to ST holders. They don't keep the window open for members to buy them all and you as a ST can now get some.
Traditionally we always have gaps first couple of games anyway and your right, these games are box office as such.

My surprise was the fact that the members don't outnumber the available seats remaining after taking in account the season ticket holders,
In fact now looking at the seat map there are loads of seats available, at the prices available there is next to no chance of either the Burnley or Watford games selling out, in fact with Burnley likely to be moved to Sunday lunchtime with limited away support in attendance The PutneyEnd could be over half empty .

Enfield

All very strange.

Thats because they are London based Liverpool, Man U, Newcastle supporters who for only £40  get to see there teams

PutneyPhil

Quote from: flyingfish on July 16, 2018, 03:07:34 PM
If I buy an extra ticket - how do I move my season socket seats to be with the new purchase? Just call the ticket office? How do they charge for that?

Check with the ticket office but what they told me when I asked last season was that you can move your season ticket seat to any other that is free (presumably in same price tier) whenever you want - so find e.g. two seats available, move your seat to one of them for that one game and buy the one next to it.

They made it sound a pretty routine process. I wasn't a ST holder last season so haven't tried it yet, but with all my family asking to come to games I will be giving it a thorough road test at some point...