more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

David button has been sold

Started by fulhamben, July 16, 2018, 07:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: cookieg on July 16, 2018, 10:13:13 PM
Not considered good enough for Fulham and sold to a PL rival. He may have gone as a no.2 (no pun intended) but it does seem a bit bizarre but maybe we are bringing in a 'keeper as no.1 ahead of Betts.

It was clear by the end of this season that Button wouldn't be competition for Betts. Rather have a second that can actually push for the first spot.

General

Quote from: Tabby on July 16, 2018, 10:16:02 PM
Not considered good enough for Fulham and sold to a PL rival. He may have gone as a no.2 (no pun intended) but it does seem a bit bizarre but maybe we are bringing in a 'keeper as no.1 ahead of Betts.

It was clear by the end of this season that Button wouldn't be competition for Betts. Rather have a second that can actually push for the first spot.

That said though he's now competing against two other keepers and one other who was seemingly also signed this summer. Doesn't seem to make sense from their perspective.

irishfulham

Well makes perfect sense from ours 4m for button !

the nutflush

He will never get past Matt Ryan as no. 1 keeper for Brighton. Sideways move but good luck to him.

Fernhurst

Been hoping we would bring in superb international keeper for decent money as Wolves have done.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

res

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on July 16, 2018, 09:27:28 PM
Fee 4 million as per many sources including Brighton & HA. Decent deal for us
Great business if we did get £4m

cookieg

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 17, 2018, 03:09:06 AM

Been hoping we would bring in superb international keeper for decent money as Wolves have done.

Absolutely

Skatzoffc

Thanks David and good luck for the future
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Andy S

I wish him well not a bad keeper but could do better with another team that expects a keeper to punt it up field

filham

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 16, 2018, 07:34:00 PM
Does this mean that we have a keeper lined up already?
I would hope there is someone lined up otherwise an injury to Betts in the next three weeks and we will be under a severe handicap against Palace.

Count Flapula

Good luck to Button - thanks for everything. A decent keeper at Championship level and although Betts rightly earned the no.1 shirt, I felt Button got a disproportionate amount of stick / disrespect from a loud minority. All the very best for him in his career.

As for price, Evening Standard are quoting we only received £300k for him! I find that as hard to believe as Brighton paying £4m for a no.2/3 keeper... The problem with all these undisclosed fees is that papers make up any old figure. How can there be such a difference?! Same as with Seri (quoted anywhere between £17m and £40m at various points).

ffcthereligion

Couldnt disagree more with some of the positive sentiment. Of course Im not bitter and wish him well but for me he was the worst keeper ive seen play for Fulham. I was born in the early nineties so have only seen the 'good times' but I did see Kiraly play too.

Well done to the club for getting a fee I would have driven him!

bencher

Quote from: ffcthereligion on July 17, 2018, 12:08:36 PM
Couldnt disagree more with some of the positive sentiment. Of course Im not bitter and wish him well but for me he was the worst keeper ive seen play for Fulham. I was born in the early nineties so have only seen the 'good times' but I did see Kiraly play too.

Well done to the club for getting a fee I would have driven him!

I certainly prefer Marcus to Button but I don't see how anyone could possibly rate him lower than Kiraly. I would confidently say he was better than Lonergan as well.