watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Back to left backs

Started by YoungsBitter, July 16, 2018, 10:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungsBitter

I noticed Luke Garbutt, the great white hope of Left backs, has been loaned for this year by Everton to Oxford United, hardly setting the world on fire. If the club does not succeed wrestling Matty Targett away from Hughes at Southampton we still need to find someone strong enough to deal with Prem right wings, and Targett as much as he fits in our system is not super quick and even he may struggle.
Thoughts on who we should or are going after? The lack of noise around this maybe suggests we can get Targett?
Quark, strangeness and charm

FFC NY

Linked with a few earlier in the window - Augustinsson, Plattenhardt and Targett, think there may have been one other too. If we are after Augustinsson I would imagine he is still on holiday following Sweden's World Cup exit so that could be the hold up.

Agree though - everything seems has gone quiet on those.

Milo

Quick google of Bertrand and there's no obvious transfer rumours there.. so unsure what southamptons grand plan is over Target? Surely one will leave...

YoungsBitter

I forgot about Augustinsson, that seemed to come from nowhere then dissolve into post WC vacation land like Mitro. However, Werder Bremen is hardly a rich or successful club so that maybe is realistic. He is a Manure fan so definitely wants to play in England.

Bertrand is definitely not going anywhere so Targett's problem remains stay and warm bench or come back to the Cottage.

Milo

Quote from: YoungsBitter on July 16, 2018, 11:37:05 PM
I forgot about Augustinsson, that seemed to come from nowhere then dissolve into post WC vacation land like Mitro. However, Werder Bremen is hardly a rich or successful club so that maybe is realistic. He is a Manure fan so definitely wants to play in England.

Bertrand is definitely not going anywhere so Targett's problem remains stay and warm bench or come back to the Cottage.

Good news on Mitro is that WC has come and his performances for Serbia are now a distant memory. No other club have come close to being firmly linked with him. So it's either Newcastle or Fulham and there was quite a bit of Benetiz-Mitro animosity. Admittedly the fans still like him. That deal really should get over the line without any problems but I agree it is dragging...

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Milo on July 16, 2018, 11:46:28 PM

Good news on Mitro is that WC has come and his performances for Serbia are now a distant memory. No other club have come close to being firmly linked with him. So it's either Newcastle or Fulham and there was quite a bit of Benetiz-Mitro animosity. Admittedly the fans still like him. That deal really should get over the line without any problems but I agree it is dragging...
I thought Besiktas are trying to get him away from Toon? if nothing else it probably moves the price up a bit. I did see couple of people tweeted that Slav confirmed he was on his way after the Reading friendly.

General

Quote from: Milo on July 16, 2018, 11:46:28 PM

Going to repeat what I said the other day.. fans who were at the reading game asked Slav if mitrovic was coming back and Slav apparently said that it looks like it. Or something more concrete. But it was with a direct quote from slavisa... two different fan accounts said the same thing independently of one another.

MikeW

In the media this morning there is talk of Mitrovic agent 'in negotiations' with Turkish Club over season long loan.  I imagine Ashley is looking to sell though so a clean deal would be preferable.  Need something to happen soon though.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

filham

A left back and a striker must be top of our wanted list and if we fail to get Mitrovic a lot of fans will want to know why.

YoungsBitter

I think the Turkish "discussions" are just smoke from Ashley or his agents to talk up Mitro's price. I have to continue to have faith in Slav's personal relationship with Mitro, and he will be coming home...

Now Croatia has gone on holiday I wonder whether the Vida stories will resurface, he had a pretty good WC. Does anyone know whether Slav and Mitro being Serbs helps or hinders the recruitment of a Croat?

Deeping_white

Quote from: YoungsBitter on July 17, 2018, 10:59:27 PM
I think the Turkish "discussions" are just smoke from Ashley or his agents to talk up Mitro's price. I have to continue to have faith in Slav's personal relationship with Mitro, and he will be coming home...

Now Croatia has gone on holiday I wonder whether the Vida stories will resurface, he had a pretty good WC. Does anyone know whether Slav and Mitro being Serbs helps or hinders the recruitment of a Croat?

I've seen something on Twitter to suggest that Vida is anti Serbia (added to his anti Russia moment the other week) anyway so I doubt we'll sign him, added to the fact his club want £30m for him...

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 17, 2018, 11:26:50 PM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on July 17, 2018, 10:59:27 PM

I've seen something on Twitter to suggest that Vida is anti Serbia (added to his anti Russia moment the other week) anyway so I doubt we'll sign him, added to the fact his club want £30m for him...
Plus I am not sure I could deal with looking at that haircut every week....

filham

There must be a Rufus Brevet out there somewhere jus waiting to be coached by Jocanovic. I

hongkongfulham

Thoughts on a Luke Shaw loan/transfer?

Skatzoffc

Manure fan at work seems to think Shaw is back fit and ready for the fight at utd.

Also I thought Liverpool were interested in Vida. Any news on that?
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !