watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Predictions?

Started by Fulham76, July 17, 2018, 09:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

What are your predictions for this season?

Maybe a bit too early as we've still got plenty of work to do with our squad but assuming we get another 4 or 5 decent additions, I predict a comfortable season, a top 10 finish.

aaronmcguigan

Answered your own question. Considering the majority of our team can/may be replaced , we don't know what our strategy is yet whether it's just to survive or go and compete.

If we go with a similar team to what we have now, I'll say 18th with Cardiff and a surprise team below us.

If we invest to appropriate levels, to match the words said by the owner and satisfy the needs of the manager then I'll say 10th

Andy S

The same for every other team in the league yet 3 will be relegated

Woolly Mammoth

Until we know who our squad will contain, it is impossible to predict anything, as we have nothing to go by, except, hear say, third party and circumstantial evidence, and as we all know, that will not stand up in a court of law.
Without knowing who we have in the squad, it's impossible to predict anything.
I shall wait until we have played ten matches before even thinking about it.
We are up with the big boys now, in an unforgiving League, no prisoners taken, every opponent will have the killer instinct, dog eat dog. No mercy given none expected.
We are still sitting on our hands with at least 8 players, quality players shy of a squad that can compete.
No it's far too premature for any predictions.
Perhaps it would be better to predict how many decent players we may or may not sign, and with around 23 days to go, we had better wish that our recruitment and negotiation teams are firing on all cylinders, otherwise come the Newcastle match, it could be much easier to predict than we could ever have imagined.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Read what Woolly has written more carefully, it is the only sensible post on this thread.

To make predictions when you know the players available is risky, to do so when you are awaiting the signing of three or four players for key positions is crazy.

Stevieboy

At this point I think we will win the Premier League, what is the use or fun in going into a season thinking we will finish 18th???     That maybe reality but remember this is Fulham!!

WE ARE IN IT TO WIN IT

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif ALWAYS BELIEVING  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

nose returns

wherever we finish I do not think it will be a 'comforatable' season. I think we will struggle until at least november to get the rhythm of the division again.
OR, less likely IMO
we will hit the ground running, all guns blazing but then fade as we get past christmas.

I hope we finsh respectably with a platform to build for the season that follows.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose returns on July 17, 2018, 12:05:54 PM
wherever we finish I do not think it will be a 'comforatable' season. I think we will struggle until at least november to get the rhythm of the division again.
OR, less likely IMO
we will hit the ground running, all guns blazing but then fade as we get past christmas.

I hope we finsh respectably with a platform to build for the season that follows.

Is this a 5 aside competition we are talking about.

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Here's some predictions of future FOF posts

1. Every time we've lost two in a row -- "Khan doesn't care" and "the board are idiots"

2. When League Cup and FA Cup come around -- put out reserves, lose quickly, and concentrate on finishing 17th

3. Endless iterations of "we shouldn't have signed him" and "we should have signed him"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

Quote from: HatterDon on July 17, 2018, 04:36:59 PM

1. Every time we've lost two in a row -- "Khan doesn't care" and "the board are idiots"

2. When League Cup and FA Cup come around -- put out reserves, lose quickly, and concentrate on finishing 17th

3. Endless iterations of "we shouldn't have signed him" and "we should have signed him"
4.When is Fonte going to get his 1st goal.

5. Why on earth did we spend all that money on him, must have been a Stats Signing and nothing to do with Jocanovic.

6.These premier league refs are not up to the standard of championship refs.

7 VAR has oustayed its welcome.

8. We need to spend big in the January Window.

9. We need to pass forward more.

10. we should have spent more on a top keeper.

davew

Quote from: filham on July 17, 2018, 05:54:19 PM

5. Why on earth did we spend all that money on him, must have been a Stats Signing and nothing to do with Jocanovic.

11. I need to cut down my drinking and join the Rui Fonte appreciation society.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham Tup North

:drums: :drums:
Well I feel quite positive about the upcoming season.
Sky gave me a FREE £5 bet, so I blew it all in one go on Fulham to score 60+ goals this season!!
100/1 was just too good to ignore.
I predict Mitro will get 20 - Seri will get 12 - Cairney 10 - Sess 8 - and 10 from the others combined.
Of course once MALCOLM signs, he will get 30 on his own!!   :005: :005:
049:gif 049:gif
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

alfie

It always intrigues me, why do some people assume the players we have will not play well or fail or will get slaughtered in the premiership, you never know how anyone will play until they have, but I guess it's easier to be negative that positive.

This is not in anyway saying that people don't have right to an opinion.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 17, 2018, 07:07:23 PM
:drums: :drums:
Well I feel quite positive about the upcoming season.
Sky gave me a FREE £5 bet, so I blew it all in one go on Fulham to score 60+ goals this season!!
100/1 was just too good to ignore.
I predict Mitro will get 20 - Seri will get 12 - Cairney 10 - Sess 8 - and 10 from the others combined.
Of course once MALCOLM signs, he will get 30 on his own!!   :005: :005:
049:gif 049:gif
COYW

💤💤💤💤 and then you woke up.

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm not sure but looking at the amount of teams we should be able to beat, incuding Palace on the first day,
I reckon 13/14th
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on July 17, 2018, 06:21:43 PM
Quote from: filham on July 17, 2018, 05:54:19 PM

11. I need to cut down my drinking and join the Rui Fonte appreciation society.

I need to cut down the body of the founder of the Rui Fonte appreciation society, after he was found hanging from one of the pillars at Putney Bridge.

Never forget your Roots.

YankeeJim

Predicted statements in these hallowed halls come May.

1. Looking forward to the Europa!
2. Didn't think we'd lead the league in scoring.
3. If we had had decent refs..........
4. Who would have thought Fonte would lead us in scoring?
5. Without the late injury to (fill in the name) we might have made the Champions League.
6. Man that win at (fill in here) was Fulham's greatest day since Hamburg.
7. Why is Statto (or put another name here) so negative.
8. Glad to see that nose admitted that his expectations were wrong. Good man that nose!
9. Khan is our greatest owner ever.
10. Was Sess really worth 120 million?

OK, maybe not #4.

092.gif

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

..FOF..

Good thing that a lot of misunderstanding that Joka had with the management have been ironed out.

The benefits of sticking with a long term coach, I guess.

Based on that and assuming team gelled well, I am looking at mid table 9-11th.

If the team doesn't gel very well, then, just escaping relegation.

RaySmith

I predict that we will likely have some great, unexpected wins and draws, and will likely get hammered at some time, though hopefully not too often.

I predict that we should expect the unexpected.

I predict that I will be proud to be a Fulham fan, because I always am, and many others of us will be too, as we were at Wembley last season.

Woolly Mammoth

That win at Wembley was no fluke, they can never take that away from us.
It showed the footballing world that we are a serious Football Team and demonstrated the way to unlock teams like Aston Villa, and play the kind of football that only others can admire.
That great white wall inside the Wembley Stadium, and the magnificent white blanket surging up Wembley Way dwarfing all and sundry on its journey to glory and beyond, also showed the footballing world that we are here to stay, and be heard.
So I predict we are on a crest of a wave that will continue to make history, and in doing so, add more and more admirers to our brand of football.
Come on Fulham, get in there. ⚽️

Never forget your Roots.