News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you have Ream as a starting centre back next season?

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, July 18, 2018, 07:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you have Ream as a starting CB next season?!?!

Yes
73 (83.9%)
No
14 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Jonaldiniho 88

I would. Just seen a lot of "starting 11 next season" without him in it.

Tabby

BernieBoy

Agreed, his place to lose.

Clearly we need to sign at least one more CB, potentially two, but we need to invest in ST, LB,RW and keeper also before getting a second CB.

We now have two LCB to fight it out for one spot.

HV71

Yes I most certainly would have him starting but he need a top class player alongside him

Milo

Jonaldiniho 88

I think missing Fred's pace we and with Ream not being dominant in the air we need a 6'6" ball playing speed merchant that scores 5+ a season. But i am of course joking. Ream was our player of the season and deserves at least 5 games to prove he could even be that again. I only started this thread as people were putting their starting 11 up with him not in it. He is my first on the list. We do really need a good rcb to compliment him.

filham

Yes, Ream to start season as 1st choice centreback.
Of course with Odoi suspended for Palace match the question is who will partner him.

Andy S

Ream has had a good season in the championship and deserves the chance to step up. I honestly think he will be one of our better players

Woolly Mammoth

Yes of course it is Reams to lose. But can you imagine if he picks up an injury. before the commencement of the season, with Odoi suspended, suddenly it's an even stickier situation, than sticky the stick insect stuck on a sticky bun.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Real was our PoS he absolutely deserves to start. I would like to see us sign another CB to play alongside him. Also comfortable playing out from the back but taller.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

hovewhite

It's reams place to lose ,it's a big step up to premier league for him it's who starts along side him that's the million dollar question.

General

Quote from: Statto on July 18, 2018, 07:29:12 PM
Disregarding Le Marchand, Ream is IMO the strongest player in our current back 5/6, so replacing Ream would imply that we'll replace (or bring in strong competition for) all the others there as well - Betts, Odoi, Djalo, Christie and maybe McDonald. Considering we also need a RW and 1 or 2 CFs, and Seri is potentially replacing Johansen, that's a lot of bloody player movement. Some on here think we'll only make 6 signings all summer  :005:

However Le Marchand is a LCB so what's the point in bringing him if it isn't to compete with Ream?

I predict a close contest between the two of them but to begin with I'd be starting Ream.   

This. I expect and think ream to start the season but let marchand and others brought in to finish it. I think he's earnt the right to be given the chance but will be found wanting and when le marchand gets the nod I don't see him being as vulnerable.

grandad

Ream has earned the right to be one of our starting CB´s.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RP24

Quote from: filham on July 18, 2018, 09:02:15 PM
Yes, Ream to start season as 1st choice centreback.
Of course with Odoi suspended for Palace match the question is who will partner him.

Why is odoi suspended for the first game? Surely his red at Wembley won't carry over?

MikeW

I've always seen Ream as an Aaron Hughes type player.  So yes, but we need a big, dominant centre half with him.

Please get on with it!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Horsfield_No9

Unless we buy 2 proven 25m+ CBs then he will have a place.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Matt10

I think those who vote against Ream being the starter must have forgotten how critical he was in playing from the back. Watching a 90-min match a week on FFCTV, and it is clearly evident just how many of our attacks start from Ream. His composure on the ball, and finding the right outlet pass, is a trait that you simply cannot take for granted.

The Rock

Against Ream starting. Must keep him and love him. We can do better though.

Woolly Mammoth

He has earnt the right to be considered to commence the season as a starter.
My concern is that currently we have hardly any alternative for the first game, and very little sign there will be.
Then again........
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.