News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you have Ream as a starting centre back next season?

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, July 18, 2018, 07:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you have Ream as a starting CB next season?!?!

Yes
73 (83.9%)
No
14 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 87

ThruPass10

I agree it's his place to lose.  He was integral in way the coach likes to build from the back.  I've watched him play with the USA and Fulham for years and last year was the best I've seen. 

Carborundum

If we continue splitting the centre backs when we play out, he's a shoe-in.  I hope we do. 

If we revert to a less expansive narrow back four, he's going to struggle and he won't be alone.

S.F.Sorrow

I voted no but it's too early to say really. We don't know much about our other option(s) at LCB yet.

I agree that based on last season's performance he deserves a chance but I still wouldn't be comfortable with Ream as our starting CB for the entire season, which is how I interpreted the question. I think his weaknesses (pace+holding on to the ball for too long under pressure) could be a huge liability in the PL.

Ream should be given a chance like everyone else but I also think he should lose his place if someone else is outperforming him. And that includes during training/pre-season. I mean, you probably wouldn't start Johansen over Seri against Palace just as a matter of principle, would you? It's his place to lose...?. Well yes, but he can lose it during pre-season too. New signings, someone else performing better, etc. Joka won't select his starting 11 against Palace based on last seasons POTS votes.

I don't think we will sign another LCB after getting Marchand so it's probably between those two. I haven't seen enough of Marchand to have any opinion on him vs Ream yet. He doesn't see like a HUGE upgrade though so I expect to see Ream against Palace. But if Marchand impresses during pre-season I certainly wouldn't want Ream to start just on principle.

HV71

Quote from: Matt10 on July 19, 2018, 11:32:51 PM
I think those who vote against Ream being the starter must have forgotten how critical he was in playing from the back. Watching a 90-min match a week on FFCTV, and it is clearly evident just how many of our attacks start from Ream. His composure on the ball, and finding the right outlet pass, is a trait that you simply cannot take for granted.

👍