watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players for consideration

Started by BernieBoy, July 18, 2018, 09:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BernieBoy

With various rumours flying about I thought I would think about some potential names who could be viable options for us that may not have been mentioned previously.

Kurt Zouma - once labelled the next big thing/next Varane, had a bit of a tough time after a serious injury, but still built like a brick shithouse and quick, something we lack at the back now. I know he didn't have the greatest season at Stoke, but I don't think anyone did! Potential loan deal or signing on a reasonable fee maybe with Chelsea having a number of centre backs already on the books and this would certainly be an upgrade on Kalas. Thoughts?

Adama Traore - there were links with him earlier in the summer, but I haven't seen too much said about him in recent weeks with any clubs. Still a raw talent and needs to develop end product a bit more, but his pace and power would certainly be an asset and with Slav helping in the development of Sess this could be another young player he can help add more goals and assists to his game. With Boro not getting promoted I can only imagine he'd be available at a fair price in today's market - up to £15m?

Tammy Abraham - didn't set the world a light for Swansea last year, but hopefully with a side that creates more chances he's got an eye for goal as we saw the season before lay at Bristol City (albeit in a league below), his brother is also on our books and likely to get farmed out on loan again. A good option alongside Mitrovic to add further depth?

The Swan

We don't have Mitrovic signed up yet.
The Swan

Tabby

Zouma would be a great partner to Ream/Le Marchand. Would bring some needed physicality and I thought he did pretty well at Stoke.

wheelerdeeler

Couple names I've not really seen thrown around. Varying degrees of whether they could happen or not for positions we need filling. Andre Schurrle, Mo Besic, Liam Moore/Fabian Schär. Just thought I'd chuck them into the mix.

BernieBoy

I must have cut my post short, I meant if we signed Mitrovic or an option if we didn't. Either way we'd need two strikers and he'd be a loan option if we purchased Mitrovic.

BernieBoy

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 18, 2018, 09:26:11 PM
Couple names I've not really seen thrown around. Varying degrees of whether they could happen or not for positions we need filling. Andre Schurrle, Mo Besic, Liam Moore/Fabian Schär. Just thought I'd chuck them into the mix.

All good options. Only thing with Schar is he's not the quickest and I think we need someone with a bit of pace. Moore although not as much top flight experience is probably the type of centre half we need, that's why I thought Zouma as quick, powerful and has more experience.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I would love to get Traore on the right wing, with a little TLC from Joka he could be even better
than we saw against us last season
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES