Main Menu

Subbeteo teams

Started by sunburywhite, July 18, 2018, 09:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

For the o;der ones amonfst us

Did you have any teams you supported/had as a Subbeto tema

I had Slovan Bratislava and 1860 Munich back in very early 70's
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

nose returns

Woolly Mammoth

I had Two Bob Rovers and The Dog and Duck 4th Eleven.
But seriously I can remember having some teams but none I supported for some unknown reason, for the life of me my memory has gone blank, I cannot remember. But one of them had to be Fulham or Fulham Reserves. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

Mansfield Town - yellow shirts blue shorts. I had some other team as well - but my memory- like the players, is a bit wobbly

fluffyninja

Wow I had lots of teams , world of sport in Hounslow was an aladdin's cave , back then kits were basic enough to have doubles like real madrid /leeds now you couldn't do that what with shirt sponsors etc.I had the Fulham team with the kit with the black shoulder panels around 82 83 ish and I used to get the airfix paint out to fix any damage and superglue to fix the bodies to the bases :54:

Favourite kit just for the colours was Partick Thistle I seem to remember.

Fulham Tup North

I remember that they often had the same kit for TWO sides. When I got bought Fulham fc for my Birthday on the side of the box it said "Fulham FC / West Germany"! 😏⚽⚽
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

I can vaguely remember one of my Subbuteo players had a close resemblance to Frank Large.

Never forget your Roots.

Marinelloguthrie

I definately had Fulham ( but cant remember if they were 'branded' as Fulham on the box) and West ham. I remeber this because my mum got me a football pitch cake made with the subuetto players on it for the cup final.

I also had a good game like subuteo but you pulled the leg back of the player to kick, think it was called big league. The best thing was they were bigger figures and you painted the players to whatever teams you wanted. I chose us with red socks against Liverpool.

Baszab

Alloa - yellow hoops
Now we have Palermo in pink shirts 👚 but they're Zuego - slightly heavier bodies

Woolly Mammoth

Are Subbuteo players fitter these days ?

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

Quote from: Baszab on July 18, 2018, 11:04:40 PM
Alloa - yellow hoops
Now we have Palermo in pink shirts 👚 but they're Zuego - slightly heavier bodies

promoted in the playoffs losing at home by one and winning the second leg by two... great occasion

RaySmith

My mate  from Stockwell, Colin had Subuteo, one team in Arsenal shirts- he was an Arsenal fan, and one in white.
So Arsenal played Fulham  several times a week, but unfortunately Colin was a very good Subuteo player, and I wasn't.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on July 19, 2018, 12:05:38 AM
My mate  from Stockwell, Colin had Subuteo, one team in Arsenal shirts- he was an Arsenal fan, and one in white.
So Arsenal played Fulham  several times a week, but unfortunately Colin was a very good Subuteo player, and I wasn't.

I know the feeling.

Never forget your Roots.

WhiteJC

snarks

Raith Rovers

With my favorite player who was a fraction shorter than the rest have had 2 broken legs and been reglued to his base

cookieg

I had a team all in black with yellow shoulder panels. No idea who they were probably some obscure 5th division Austrian team.

Chesh

I had Tampa Bay Rowdies, and of course Fulham
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Fulham1959

We played at lunch-time at work (late 1960s).

My teams were Fulham and Brazil* (*I liked their colours!).  Unfortunately a colleague used to 'shove' rather than 'flick' and so the subtleties of the game often tended to get lost.

For the confused, the spelling is "Subbuteo".  From Wikipedia :

' The "Subbuteo" name derives from the neo-Latin scientific name Falco subbuteo (a bird of prey commonly known as the Eurasian hobby), after a trademark was not granted to its creator Peter Adolph (1916–1994) to call the game "Hobby" '

This was, of course, before the days of 'subs'.   :005:

Wolf

First Subbuteo team I bought was Coventry City in their Talbot shirt (81-83) which had a large 3D "T" running from the collar to the bottom of the shorts. I also recalling buying Poland.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Woolly Mammoth

If for some reason we fail to sign anymore players, could we consider entering Fulham FC into a Subbuteo League.

Never forget your Roots.