A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we sign mitro

Started by fulhamben, July 20, 2018, 09:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would be a realistic goal tally, that we should be setting as a target for the season

0 to 5
2 (2.1%)
5 to 10
11 (11.6%)
10 to 15
69 (72.6%)
15 to 20
10 (10.5%)
Golden boot
3 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 95

fulhamben

He is the first striker that we have had (hopefully) that I really don't have an opinion or feeling as to how well he would fare in the up and coming season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

General

As things stand I'd say 5-10,  but with a few more signings to strengthen our wings and defence I'd be tempted to say 10-15. Don't think it's realistic to expect more. Yes the team know how to play to his strengths and slavisa can too, but he's young and is still in real terms untried in the premiership. He has a lot to offer but we need to give him the opportunities, and solid platform to perform and understand that he will be up against a higher calibre of defender.. the benefit for me is his all round game and work ethic are very good and he clearly knows how to score and has a physical presence but I'd see an investment in him being worthwhile with the long term in mind.

A 4 or five year contract and exposure to the league would see him develop in to a top premiership player I'd have thought.

aaronmcguigan

Can't really say how well individuals will do until you have an idea of what team is around them

David I

You would expect Mitrovic to score a few but also create a few. I'd be happy with 10+.
His play and strength off the ball was exactly what we needed and whilst he may not score many what he adds to the team was/ will be amazing

wheelerdeeler

He scored 9 in his first ever season in England, in McClaren's Newcastle. Assuming we sign a RW and Jokanovic plays to his strengths (and he stays fit) he should be good for 10+ easily.

bobby01

I see him as a Zamora type player who is pivotal to our play, the difference being this boy is young and can score goals.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

toshes mate

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 20, 2018, 09:48:52 PM
Can't really say how well individuals will do until you have an idea of what team is around them
That is far too reasonable a position for it to be within radar range of a lot of football followers.  How good does a 'keeper have to be if he hasn't got a defence in front of him? 

RaySmith

Agree with other posters above - he shouldn't be judged on how many goals he scores, but what he adds to the team, and to the collective goals scored.

nose returns

Goals are good but it is how the team plays...he could get none but the team was on fire would be ok.
But obviously the more the better

MJG

Striker doesn't score goals but its OK as long as team does well.
While I agree with that, I know a lot of posters are the first to jump on some strikers backs if they have not scored as many as they should. We have one don't we in the squad?
Just the views of a long term fan

General

A also under jokanovic you can expect our midfield etc to chip in with goals so all good

Woolly Mammoth

What I like about Mitro is that he plays within the framework of the team, and he is what I call a players player. He has a massive presence in more ways than one, our talisman.
He will of course score goals, but it's the way he brings other players into the game, and creating space for them and himself.
If he scores 10+ that's a bonus for us.
But his presence alone will send a few shivers down opponents, he is a beast to mark, and let's opponents know he is there.
Dangerous in the air as well as on the deck. His attitude, commitment, application and work rate have been exemplary.
He has taken to Fulham and Jok like a Duck to water, and fits our system of play like a glove.
If we fail to tie up a deal, it will be criminal, and we will only have ourselves to blame. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

When you look at last seasons. PL goalscorer charts you realise how hard it is for a non top six/seven team to have anyone score more than ten.

Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

That chart says it all really, and tells us the kind of challenge that is waiting for us.
Which for me makes it even more important that we secure Mitros signature.
He can even borrow my Parker Pen, if he wishes.
In fact he can keep it.

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 21, 2018, 12:45:15 PM
That chart says it all really, and tells us the kind of challenge that is waiting for us.
In fact he can keep it.
does your pen randomly pirouette mid sentence?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on July 21, 2018, 12:47:57 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 21, 2018, 12:45:15 PM
In fact he can keep it.
does your pen randomly pirouette mid sentence?

Not that I am aware of, but it did run out once, and never said goodbye.

Never forget your Roots.

Robbie

I predict we wont get the deal done.  I don't think Ashley will let him go.

Woolly Mammoth

He will do after he reads the email I have just sent him.

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

Top League Scorers

01/02 HAYLES/SAHA/ STEED 6
02/03 MALBRANQUE 6
03/04 SAHA 13
04/05 COLE 12
05/06 JOHN 11
06/07 MCBRIDE 9
07/08 DEMPSEY 6
08/09 JOHNSON 7