watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tactical Approach and Formation Next Season

Started by alexbishop, July 21, 2018, 11:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

Bored on a train and was wondering whether you're expecting Jokanovic to make any changes to our shape and approach to games next season, especially for games against top ten sides.

I think it's either a case of sticking with what's now presumably our 'club philosophy' and last year's approach but upgrading the players so we have a squad capable of playing that style against better sides. However, we know that Jokanovic isn't necessarily wedded to that approach(see Watford) and must have in mind a slightly different set up and approach for the harder fixtures. Any thoughts on how that approach might look in terms of formation and players?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

SuffolkWhite

I think the formations are flexible but that also depends on the squad we have. I would think against harder teams you might see a 532 with wing backs or if the midfield cant cope a 541. He might even attempt the 352 but again it is dependent on personnel.

Doesn't really answer the question does it lol.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bobby01

I was wondering with the players we seem to be interested in if he maybe was looking at 3-5-1-1 dropping back to 5-4-1 out of possession, just a thought.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

alexbishop

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on July 21, 2018, 11:23:05 AM
I think the formations are flexible but that also depends on the squad we have. I would think against harder teams you might see a 532 with wing backs or if the midfield cant cope a 541. He might even attempt the 352 but again it is dependent on personnel.

Doesn't really answer the question does it lol.

You seem to think that we'll go with three centre backs? That would require a lot of training and haven't seen evidence of that approach in pre season yet...

Possibly more likely to be 4-5-1 with fast players so we can break and counter quickly?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

SuffolkWhite

I think it does depend on players we have, certainly players like Kamara have speed and are not easy to get off the ball so maybe a counter attacking formation with speed would be more suited.

It will be interesting to see how some of the original squad cope with the top level and we might be surprised by Kamara and Fonte yet.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

A more of a counter attacking set up will be the order of the day in a number of matches. But I feel we shall still keep to ten yard balls to feet to retain possession.
Pace will be important, and of course like any team we have to play to our strengths.
Nevertheless, unlike other teams that gain promotion into the Premier League, we were already playing Premier League football in many games last season.
However, as has already been identified by many other posters, a lot will depend on the personal we can choose from come the commencement of the season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lyle from Hangeland

Bringing in Seri means he is going to have a go at playing a possession game like last year. I see him sticking to his 4-3-3. Fulham should be fun to watch against the ball playing teams like Manchester City. Could get drilled in those games, but I bet they do okay.