watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RIP Geoffrey Wellum (96)

Started by Mince n Tatties, July 21, 2018, 01:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

The youngest of the Spitfire heroes,(18) has passed away...Loved the remark he made.
"I saw hundreds of German planes and thought".
" What are you doing over here,England's a peaceful place,your interfering with the cricket....Brilliant.
✈✈✈RIP Sir.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes indeed brilliant, an example to us all.
Especially to all the snowflakes and the generations of liberal wooly headed wimps that have been developed by a nanny PC state.
May he rest in peace, he deserves to.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Oakeshott

Neil D

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 21, 2018, 02:01:29 PM
Especially to all the snowflakes and the generations of liberal wooly headed wimps that have been developed by a nanny PC state.
Would that be the generation which fought in the Falklands, the First Gulf War, Afghanistan, or Iraq?

Fernhurst

Woolly, this is thread to pay tribute to an English hero and really not a place for your right wing rhetoric.

RIP sir, you and your comrades will never be forgotten   9739.gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

RIP Geoffrey Wellum.
Essential we remember what those young men did for us.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Neil D on July 21, 2018, 06:09:29 PM
Would that be the generation which fought in the Falklands, the First Gulf War, Afghanistan, or Iraq?

No it would not, you need to read my piece again, and until you have walked in my boots do not judge me.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 21, 2018, 06:37:23 PM
Woolly, this is thread to pay tribute to an English hero and really not a place for your right wing rhetoric.

I have paid tribute to an English hero, and it's a dam sight better than left wing rhetoric whose supporters in the main abstained from any conflict. 

Never forget your Roots.

gezkc

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 21, 2018, 06:37:23 PM

Well said.

bog

Rest in Peace Geoffrey. A real hero. I am always humbled and struggle to keep it together when I see an old soldier speaking of their his involvement in the war. So I was when they showed part of an interview with him. Thanks Geoffrey.

092.gif

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on July 21, 2018, 09:03:31 PM
Rest in Peace Geoffrey. A real hero. I am always humbled and struggle to keep it together when I see an old soldier speaking of their his involvement in the war. So I was when they showed part of an interview with him. Thanks Geoffrey.

092.gif

:plus one:

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

terryr

It seems that the last of a magnificent generation has passed.
Those of us who enjoy our lives free from Nazi tyranny will forever be in their debt.
Some youngsters don't understand the peril our Island was in during those dark days , but the fact they have gone on to live relatively care free and fruitful lives shows that the selfless service of our fighting men, and their ultimate sacrifices were not in vain.
Hail to the protectors of our nation and way of life.
God bless feeedom and the enduring will of those willing to lay down their lives to protect our freedom.
All those years ago and the many years since.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: TerryR on July 22, 2018, 04:30:59 AM
It seems that the last of a magnificent generation has passed.
Those of us who enjoy our lives free from Nazi tyranny will forever be in their debt.
Some youngsters don't understand the peril our Island was in during those dark days , but the fact they have gone on to live relatively care free and fruitful lives shows that the selfless service of our fighting men, and their ultimate sacrifices were not in vain.
Hail to the protectors of our nation and way of life.
God bless feeedom and the enduring will of those willing to lay down their lives to protect our freedom.
All those years ago and the many years since.

I could not agree more, well said !!

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

100%with you wolly.