watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today's Game

Started by joemole, July 21, 2018, 02:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Overall clear squad improvement needed in key areas, offered very little going forward and causing no threat, midfield are going to be ok but today there was a lot of misplaced simple passes, still need to sure up the defence and Betts didn't move for the 3rd.

My main worry is if we pin out hopes on Mitro as the be all and end all as he needs supply. Ideally we need two new strikers

nose returns

i saw nearly all the game and it was dreadful. we were third best across the field. BUT the ref and officials were a joke, there were a few fould especially on AK that were worthy of doncaster around 1969... lyon were brutal in terms of a friendly and it was just ridiculous to see that in a pre season match.

however we were poor, didn't pass to each other, TC seemed to ignore serri on every possible occasion and fonte and sess looked well out of their depth. ream and odoi stuggled and the back four was not playing as a unit, hopefully that will come.

if that is the best we do, we are in trouble.

Syd Cupp

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on July 21, 2018, 09:50:32 PM
Quote from: Syd Cupp on July 21, 2018, 09:46:17 PM
Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on July 21, 2018, 09:40:12 PM
Tell you what, if that's our squad come palace, or anything near it, we're bang in trouble.

Team on the pitch at the moment from 2-0 down is
Bettinelli, S.Sessegnon, Jenz, Cisse, Fossey, O'Riley, McDonald, de la Torre, Thorsteinsson, Kait, Kebano

Fair comment, but, this is the Premiership we're dealing with this season, not the Champ.

Could be a tough way of seeing if the Reserve players are up to stepping up to the plate.
Also Joka showing that we need a few more players even if to prove that apart from the first XI
there isnt a lot in the locker.
But its pre season and I doubt.....
a - that not many players are up to fitness yet.
b - no one want to get injured
c - Jokas gonna be trying out new tactics seeing what works and what dont.

There is another thing both Lyon and Fenerbache are Champions League teams so was always going to be tough
We've only just come out of the Championship. Its like giving the players a tough lesson in whats to come.

fulhamben

Quote from: nose returns on July 21, 2018, 09:58:32 PM
i saw nearly all the game and it was dreadful. we were third best across the field. BUT the ref and officials were a joke, there were a few fould especially on AK that were worthy of doncaster around 1969... lyon were brutal in terms of a friendly and it was just ridiculous to see that in a pre season match.

however we were poor, didn't pass to each other, TC seemed to ignore serri on every possible occasion and fonte and sess looked well out of their depth. ream and odoi stuggled and the back four was not playing as a unit, hopefully that will come.

I don't believe for a minute (at least I'm hoping) that our back four will be anything like that. Hoping for 3 defenders to come in
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose returns

Quote from: fulhamben on July 21, 2018, 10:01:11 PM

I don't believe for a minute (at least I'm hoping) that our back four will be anything like that. Hoping for 3 defenders to come in

well i hope you are right. we have lost two of the regular four from last season so that isn't good. i am not too worried to lose to a team like that in pre season but the display was very poor.

Mince n Tatties

That's it then relegation. :022:😂😂😂

FFCSteve

That was shambolic!
We looked awful at the back
No target man
Our passing game was dire
Unless my eyes deceived me we were actually playing long balls
Where oh where was our slick oiled Fulham

We need 3 or 4 decent signings in the usual key areas, and we need them now!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Deeping_white

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 21, 2018, 09:55:44 PM
Thank gawd that's over,,,,, so from our 3 friendly's so far scored NIL conceded SEVEN.

Still don't matter.

So you're going to ignore the fact we've played 4 and actually scored 4 in one of those games to fit your narrative?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FFCSteve on July 21, 2018, 10:09:59 PM
That was shambolic!
No target man

Slava said at the end  of last season that there would be changes to the way we play in the Premier against some sides,this is what he is maybe trying out.
We want be allowed to play our passing game against certain sides and Slava knows this.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on July 21, 2018, 10:00:34 PM
Honestly what the fu@k do Macintosh and Tony Khan think they're doing?

This is just totally disrespectful to Jokanovic and the players.

At best our preseason so far has been pointless and we'll start the season having had no useful practice games. At worst it's dispiriting and we'll start the season lacking confidence and perhaps even without Jokanovic.

This has got to the point where the window has to recognised as a total fu@# up so far and it DOES have an effect. There's a reason every club spends time and money on preseason, it's not just something they do for a laugh that we can do without. It's not about patience or positivity anymore - we really are going to be f+&#ing relegated if we don't take MAJOR ACTION NOW

We played two champions league teams, with essentially two of the halves with our academy players out. No doubt you'll take the view that Joka is doing so to prove a point or because he doesn't have any players, because you've been peddling that view for weeks now, but has it ever occurred to you he's using these games to bring players up to speed slowly and blood the youth team players in to see who's able to make the step up? Lyon have a better squad than half of the premier league for Christ sake, sometimes I think you need a sense of perspective

Tooting legend

We went at half time 0-0 against a strong Lyon team then changes get made and things change its a training session. Take a chill pill Jesus, we've just made the 2 signing with more to come. Just relax. I'm seriously starting to hate the negativity on this board and it's just a preseason game. Get a bloody grip

KingofCheese

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 21, 2018, 10:20:58 PM

At best our preseason so far has been pointless and we'll start the season having had no useful practice games. At worst it's dispiriting and we'll start the season lacking confidence and perhaps even without Jokanovic.

This has got to the point where the window has to recognised as a total fu@# up so far and it DOES have an effect. There's a reason every club spends time and money on preseason, it's not just something they do for a laugh that we can do without. It's not about patience or positivity anymore - we really are going to be f+&#ing relegated if we don't take MAJOR ACTION NOW

We played two champions league teams, with essentially two of the halves with our academy players out. No doubt you'll take the view that Joka is doing so to prove a point or because he doesn't have any players, because you've been peddling that view for weeks now, but has it ever occurred to you he's using these games to bring players up to speed slowly and blood the youth team players in to see who's able to make the step up? Lyon have a better squad than half of the premier league for Christ sake, sometimes I think you need a sense of perspective

Be careful of what you say..all resistance is futile and you will be moderated out...
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

DevonFFC

Seems that from reading Twitter, the Lyon fans were causing trouble

KingofCheese

Quote from: FFCSteve on July 21, 2018, 10:09:59 PM
That was shambolic!
No target man

Let's just get the next four players that are free and want to join a football club...
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 21, 2018, 10:20:58 PM

Don't you know that we need to spend 100million quid by Tuesday or we'll have a season worse than Derby! Let's ignore half of the teams in the Prem losing in Pre-Season today, most of them against much worse teams than Lyon. Might as well start booking the trains for Ipswich Away in 2019.

Facts Not Fiction

It's a pre season game. Time to learn.

KingofCheese

We should have played really low ranking teams and beaten them handsomely and gained a huge amount of confidence..then get it punctured by Roy and his Premiership scappers in a couple of weeks time...
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Facts Not Fiction

You're so naive it's worrying.

You think attaching high calibre players is easy? It takes time. Pre season is about fitness first and foremost. If we had played Sutton Utd and won 4-0, we'd learn far less that today's result.

Rambler

It's about fitness and getting a cohesive unit. I didn't watch the game but sounds like we weren't at our flowing best which is to be expected as It's only 3 weeks into pre season.

We are in the big boys league and Lyon would get beaten by the top 6 in the PL. this is certainly a stark reminder to the board that plenty of recruitment is still necessary prior to the start of the season. I think we all knew this so this result literally adds nothing new to what we already know.

MikeCdawg

Quote from: Tooting legend on July 21, 2018, 10:23:20 PM
We went at half time 0-0 against a strong Lyon team then changes get made and things change its a training session. Take a chill pill Jesus, we've just made the 2 signing with more to come. Just relax. I'm seriously starting to hate the negativity on this board and it's just a preseason game. Get a bloody grip

This