News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else going to Duisburg at the weekend?

Started by ffcne, July 22, 2018, 08:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lomotd

Yes! Two here flying out Saturday morning. COYWs

arnieb

Yeah,going over Friday to Monday.Staying in Düsseldorf.

ffcne

Flying out from Newcastle to Dusseldorf via Amsterdam.
Drop bag off in hotel in Dusseldorf then up to Duisburg for about 2pm.
Fly back Sunday afternoon. :003:

Delboy

Yes indeed, Friday to Sunday staying in Dusseldolf. Trying to relive our European away days. Hay ho. Looking forward to it.

andyk

ffcthereligion

12 of us going on the 7am from Heathrow with the Saturday night in Dusseldorf.

gang

Have a visit to Bar Alexander, Düsselstraße 71, for a good night out with cocktails.
Oaks bar, Hunsruckenstraße 14. good beers, wine and cocktails.
Only wish I could be there.

HV71

Good luck all.....don't forget to pack your boots you may well get a game ....

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: gang on July 24, 2018, 01:54:36 PM
Have a visit to Bar Alexander, Düsselstraße 71, for a good night out with cocktails.

I met a Frauline in that bar not so long ago, her name was Girder, her first name was Iron, she was one of the local arm wrestling 🤼‍♀️ team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

lomotd

Weather looking interesting for the weekend, 38° on Friday, 29° and thunderstorms on Saturday.

gang

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2018, 02:30:00 PM
Quote from: gang on July 24, 2018, 01:54:36 PM

I met a Frauline in that bar not so long ago, her name was Girder, her first name was Iron, she was one of the local arm wrestling 🤼‍♀️ team.

And they say we don't have a sense of humour.

Altstadt White

Saturday will be fun. For all those coming over on Friday, head to the Bolkerstr in Düsseldorf. Middle of the Altstadt.
Ed Alstadt Evans

BarneyTravers

Quote from: Altstadt White on July 24, 2018, 05:15:44 PM
Saturday will be fun. For all those coming over on Friday, head to the Bolkerstr in Düsseldorf. Middle of the Altstadt.

Flight to Cologne on the Thursday afternoon with the Fraulein and back home on Tuesday....staying in Dusseldorf so being a Alexander who enjoys a light ale will head down to the Bar at some point over the stay...last stay in Dusseldorf was prior to England's world cup 1/4 final defeat in Gelsenkirchen...that old winker Ronaldo saw to our prospects that time out.

coyw

MSV1902

Hello everybody!

Greetings from Duisburg by a MSV DUISBURG supporter! Looking forward to welcome you in our city! Its gonne be nice wheather here at the weekend and hope that we will see nice matches on saturday at our stadium of MSV Duisburg. Last year Aston Villa won the Cup, they came with about 400-500 supporters.
If somebody is looking for hotels and stuff for drinking and having fun, so you dont have to visit düsseldorf. Hotels are in most cases much more expensive than in duisburg and it only takes 10 min by train to düsseldorf if you wanna visit some pubs. But believe me: we also habe nice places to go for!
Duisburg is a workers city. We have the biggest inland-harbour in the world and so in the part of Duisburg called RUHRORT there is the Harbour-Party from Fri-Sun. Look here: https://www.ruhrorter-hafenfest.de/index.php/de/

On FRiday Evening there is a big firework included. Live Music the whole weekend and so on.

Duisburg is also the biggest steel-producing city in Europe. So if you are interested in visiting an old steel-factory you have to go here (it was voted in THE GUARDIAN for one of the best parks in the world). https://www.landschaftspark.de/

If you have any questions let me know!

WELCOME TO DUISBURG!

lomotd

Quote from: MSV1902 on July 25, 2018, 09:30:40 AM
If somebody is looking for hotels and stuff for drinking and having fun, so you dont have to visit düsseldorf. Hotels are in most cases much more expensive than in duisburg and it only takes 10 min by train to düsseldorf if you wanna visit some pubs. But believe me: we also habe nice places to go for!

Dankeschön MSV1902. We are staying in an AirBnB in Duisberg on Saturday night, do you have any good places for drinks and/or food you can recommend?

MSV1902

Hey there are some good locations at "Innenhafen Duisburg" its about 10 min walk away from duisburg central. You can sit next to the water, having good beer (König Pilsener is our most famous beer brewed in Duisburg) , cocktails and delicious food. By subway it is only 15 min to the stadium.
Right next to the stadium there is the "Mezzomar at the Seehaus". Also good location for food and drinks and only 200 meters away from stadium entry...

I wrote you an PN.

Greetings

MSV1902

What do you think? How many guys are you in Duisburg tomorrow?