watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Very brief View from South Texas

Started by HatterDon, July 22, 2018, 02:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

This may be a weird out-of-left-field thing, but I believe our club is doing everything possible every day to improve our squad and field a competitive Premier League team this upcoming season.

I know, I know
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sunburywhite

I 100% agree

Its not possible to fill all the empty slots in just one day as some people seem to think

I am more than convinced we will see at least 4 includin Mitro and Fabri come in before the close
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 22, 2018, 03:06:42 PM
I 100% agree

Its not possible to fill all the empty slots in just one day as some people seem to think

I am more than convinced we will see at least 4 includin Mitro and Fabri come in before the close

I think we will also see two loans come in on deadline day in any positions we have struggled with.

Walsh

I agree, people want signings... the club wants the RIGHT signings.

You've got to understand that we've just come up from the Championship to the Prem, players will be hesitant to join even if you offer them a decent amount. We're searching the market for players who will blend into our style of play but at a higher level, we will get a lot of players who won't want to come, but it's finding them high profile players (like Seri) who are willing to join and play the type of Football we play.

RaySmith

WE obviously couldn't sign anyone until  promotion was confirmed - and Prem quality players wouldn't want to come, so it hasn't left the club much time between Wembley and the start of the season -

but I believe, like HD says, that the club are doing their best to add the right players  to the squad, as confirmed by those we have already signed.

Fernhurst

Quote from: HatterDon on July 22, 2018, 02:56:48 PM
This may be a weird out-of-left-field thing, but I believe our club is doing everything possible every day to improve our squad and field a competitive Premier League team this upcoming season.

I know, I know

#me too

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

More needs to be said to convince me that we are on the ball at bringing in new players.
We should have compiled a list of wanted players the day after we won promotion and have signed at least half a dozen by now.
Surely we are continuously looking at players and are aware how well they would fit our system, other clubs seem so much better than us at bringing in new players.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: HatterDon on July 22, 2018, 02:56:48 PM

I know, I know

This is the view from Houston, Texas as well.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: filham on July 22, 2018, 05:12:16 PM
More needs to be said to convince me that we are on the ball at bringing in new players.
We should have compiled a list of wanted players the day after we won promotion and have signed at least half a dozen by now.
Surely we are continuously looking at players and are aware how well they would fit our system, other clubs seem so much better than us at bringing in new players.

You're contradicting yourself here. Fulham doesn't have any lists of players, but they are surely looking at players?

What is better is also totally subjective. A single competitive game hasn't been played.

That said, it's going to be hard season for Fulham... and that's because Fulham isn't a big club and will forever have to fight and claw to stay in the Premier League. Embrace the struggle... sure, you're going to lose a couple of teeth or maybe a limb. So what? It is to be expected because it just is what it is. There is just no need to be insufferable about it.

bill taylors apprentice

I too am convinced the appropriate people are working hard to make the best signings they can.
I just wonder what the criteria is?