watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There will be signings this week !!!

Started by bill taylors apprentice, July 23, 2018, 08:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

I'm stating the obvious here but this has to be the week that we get a whole load of signings over the line and the announcements come thick and fast, right?  :023:

I'm wearing my hat of positive thoughts all week and expecting big news before Friday!  :54:

Its inevitable, isn't it?  049:gif

hovewhite

Holders

Mr. Mammoth says so, so it must be true. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

lomotd

100%, Fabri has already been photoed at Heathrow & Motspur Park this morning, lets just hope there's more than 1 this week.

Riversider

I'm going for 4 this week and another 4 next week.

Baszab

I think you're all positively deluded

However, on reverse psychology basis, I hope I'm completely wrong and get called a moaner in three weeks time

Twig

Who knows. I set Friday July 13 as my deadline and it passed with no new action.

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HV71

I genuinely believe we will add quality to the squad. I totally get the argument about how they should have been earlier in order to 'hit the ground running'. That ship has sadly sailed. However I don't believe that Seri would have come here unless he had been persuaded that the squad would be strengthened as we had every intention of becoming a Premier League 'fixture' . It looks like we are strengthening the spine with Fabri and I will be very disappointed if we don't get a top centre back to partner Ream. We still need more including real pace up front to hopefully combine with Mitro.
Whether we get everything we think we need I doubt - but if Slav is happy (ish) then  we should be okay
COYW !11

cmg

A little example here of why these things take so long to get over the line.

Marek Rodak was a great success in Rotherham's promotion side last year. They were very keen to sign him permanently, which was obviously a non-starter, or, at the very least get him on loan for another year. This seemed like a no brainer: they like him, he (apparently) likes RUFC and another year on loan in a higher division would be exactly what we wanted.
But we needed to be sure that we didn't need him as our third, or even second, choice so all the various arrangements (and non arrangements) concerning Button, Krul, Fabri etc. needed to be completed. Meanwhile Rotherham fans are still waiting for them to sign a keeper for next year.

We Are Premier League

Fabri and Mitro this week, followed by 3 more next week. We can then pray for no injuries until January 1st.

A sign that we have many problems is that very few people talk about the need for a new right fullback. Cyrus was not good enough to break into the team last year and I doubt he has become premier league quality over night.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: cmg on July 23, 2018, 11:07:16 AM

Marek Rodak was a great success in Rotherham's promotion side last year. They were very keen to sign him permanently, which was obviously a non-starter, or, at the very least get him on loan for another year. This seemed like a no brainer: they like him, he (apparently) likes RUFC and another year on loan in a higher division would be exactly what we wanted.
But we needed to be sure that we didn't need him as our third, or even second, choice so all the various arrangements (and non arrangements) concerning Button, Krul, Fabri etc. needed to be completed. Meanwhile Rotherham fans are still waiting for them to sign a keeper for next year.

I wish there was a way to pin this tywitter-style, a very good explanation as to why everything doesnt happen as quickly as us fans would like...

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Statto on July 23, 2018, 11:54:38 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 23, 2018, 11:18:06 AM

I wish there was a way to pin this tywitter-style, a very good explanation as to why everything doesnt happen as quickly as us fans would like...

Hmmmm.... We've let Button go before confirming Fabri so evidently, it's an oversimplification to say we must complete all other inward/outward moves in that area before letting a GK go.

Equally the Rodak deal can be distinguished from most because, since he was on loan last year, there's no risk that he'll take 6 games to get used to Rotherham's style of play, and therefore no requirement for pre-season except basic fitness. And clearly there's a willingness from Fulham and the player to make the deal happen, so a high probability it will, eventually.

If Rodak had never played for Rotherham before, and we told Rotherham we wouldn't confirm they could sign him until the last minute on 9 August, when we may or may not be prepared to sell him, they'd probably shift their focus to other targets.

Is it not exactly the Mitovic scenario then...

David I

But other clubs appear to not experience this issue.. More established clubs plus Wolves have done their business in a timely fashion. Getting in the players they want early.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 23, 2018, 08:51:21 AM
I'm stating the obvious here but this has to be the week that we get a whole load of signings over the line and the announcements come thick and fast, right?  :023:

I'm wearing my hat of positive thoughts all week and expecting big news before Friday!  :54:

Its inevitable, isn't it?  049:gif

With Fulham anything can happen, but I am quietly confident.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: David I on July 23, 2018, 12:14:25 PM

But other clubs appear to not experience this issue.. More established clubs plus Wolves have done their business in a timely fashion. Getting in the players they want early.

Only Fulham could create such dramas.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

The deadline date for signings that would enable us to get a well integrated team, with full understanding, up and ready for the Palace game has passed.

So the immediate panic is no longer there and we can easily revert to our proven policy of bargain buys late in the window. p

Be prepared for a defensive clone of Fonte to be signed on deadline day.

The Rock

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 23, 2018, 12:20:40 PM
Quote from: David I on July 23, 2018, 12:14:25 PM

Only Fulham could create such dramas.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Statto on July 23, 2018, 11:54:38 AM

I like this explanation, so true!

Hmmmm.... We've let Button go before confirming Fabri so evidently, it's an oversimplification to say we must complete all other inward/outward moves in that area before letting a GK go.

Equally the Rodak deal can be distinguished from most because, since he was on loan last year, there's no risk that he'll take 6 games to get used to Rotherham's style of play, and therefore no requirement for pre-season except basic fitness. And clearly there's a willingness from Fulham and the player to make the deal happen, so a high probability it will, eventually.

If Rodak had never played for Rotherham before, and we told Rotherham we wouldn't confirm they could sign him until the last minute on 9 August, when we may or may not be prepared to sell him, they'd probably shift their focus to other targets.   

Ah ha! but I like this one also.
Who said Fulhamish was dead?