Jimmy Hill

Fabri

Christie   Ream Lopez  Zinchenco

Seri
           Cainey      Grealish

Schurle                              Sessegon

Mitrovic

the nutflush

Are we really going in for Lopez?  The rumoured price of 35m is a lot of money.  Cant see it happening.  Would rather a Boyata or a Smalling with the rest of the money spent elsewhere like a Cavaleiro and another backup striker.  What if Mitro gets injured?  Are we going to rely on Fonte? 

alfie

I know it seems silly but I have this nagging feeling that Fonte will be ok.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

We Are Premier League

Surely you can dream bigger than Cyrus ar RB...

gang

Quote from: alfie on July 23, 2018, 01:20:42 PM

You may be right, I believe he is more suited to the Premier than Championship.

Jimmy Hill

havent read about any rumours for a right back ? just having a play around feel free to add too it

Deeping_white

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on July 23, 2018, 02:35:12 PM
havent read about any rumours for a right back ? just having a play around feel free to add too it

Mbabu from BSC Young Boys

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: gang on July 23, 2018, 01:29:15 PM

I really don't understand all this about Fonte being more suited to the PL. He was rubbish against Southampton in the FA cup last season. And they are not even one of the better PL clubs. Or is the idea that he will only show his true potential against Man C and Liverpool...???   :005:  Well that's too bad because they are not the teams we will get results from. We need a striker that can provide goals against Brighton, Cardiff, Palace, Burnley if we are going to survive.

Perhaps he will have a better season than last (it can hardly be worse...) because he has adapted better to his role in the team but I haven't seen anything to suggest this yet. He was poor against Fenerbahce/Lyon too. And they are more like PL teams than Championship.

I just understand the logic behind "better against better teams"...??? If we have to rely on Fonte as our striker we will be relegated for sure.

filham

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on July 23, 2018, 12:44:16 PM
                   Fabri

Seri
           Cainey      Grealish

Mitrovic

That is half a dozen new signings before the Palace match at a cost of over a million, it really is a wild dream.

filham

Sorry, I meant to say at over 100 million

Twig

Quote from: gang on July 23, 2018, 01:29:15 PM

I really do not understand how anyone can arrive at that conclusion.  It is a considerable step up in quality, he will be up against faster, more skilful defenders who are tactically more astute and who pounce on the slightest mistake.  The only difference in his favour may be that there is less overt physicality but don't get the idea that in the prem defenders won't resort to physical tactics because they will. 

Given all this how on earth will a failed Championship forward step up successfully to the Prem?

filham

This talk of Fonte being better in the Premiership than the Championship has to be pure wishful thinking. Can anyone think of a player that has looked better in a higher division.

Of course surrounding him with better players may help him a little , but don't expect much from him whatever happens.

alfie

I am very sorry I made a bit of a positive comment rather than the usual negative comment about a player, I still have in my mind all the negativity surrounding Ream a couple of seasons back.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Cravenette

Quote from: alfie on July 24, 2018, 07:16:14 AM

I am very sorry I made a bit of a positive comment rather than the usual negative comment about a player, I still have in my mind all the negativity surrounding Ream a couple of seasons back.

Don't worry, your positivity was quickly outweighed by the negativity. All back to normal again 😉

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on July 23, 2018, 03:40:32 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Hill on July 23, 2018, 12:44:16 PM
                   Fabri

Seri
           Cainey      Grealish

Mitrovic

That is half a dozen new signings before the Palace match at a cost of over a million, it really is a wild dream.

But and I say it with a large but, it may not be such a wild dream after all. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.