more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (26/07/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 26, 2018, 07:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

What Fulham's signing of Fabri means for Marcus Bettinelli

The race for the number one shirt at Fulham has just gotten interesting.

On Tuesday, Fulham announced their third signing of the summer as Spanish goalkeeper Fabri joined the Whites from Besiktas.

The 30-year-old will immediately begin to challenge for the starting goalkeeper spot, handing Fulham's current number one Marcus Bettinelli his biggest challenge yet.

The following three weeks will be crucial in the battle for the starting role, as both Fabri and Bettinelli will believe they have a strong claim to play between the sticks against Crystal Palace on August 11.

Bettinelli started 26 matches for the Whites last season after reclaiming the starting role from David Button in December, and was a key part of the 23-match unbeaten run that led to a third-place league finish.

The English goalkeeper was also integral to Fulham's successful run in the Play-Offs, keeping vital clean sheets against Derby and Aston Villa to send the Cottagers up.

Yet, despite his Championship heroics, Bettinelli could very well see himself become second-choice at the start of the season for the third consecutive season.

Although Bettinelli seems to enjoy a brilliant connection with the Fulham team and brings great form whenever he plays, the arrival of Fabri may push him to the back-up position.

The Spaniard is an immensely experienced goalkeeper with success in La Liga, the Turkish Super Lig, and the Champions League.

Both keepers have never played in the Premier League, but one would tend to suspect the player who led Besiktas to the Champions League knockout stages last season (while beating Porto, Leipzig, and Monaco) would be the favourite to start against Palace.

However, Bettinelli is the goalkeeper with a deep knowledge of playing in Slavisa Jokanovic's system and has a true bond with the Fulham squad.

The battle for Fulham's goalkeeping spot suddenly became far more interesting with the signing of Fabri, and all Fulham fans can agree increased competition is a good thing for the club.

Even in the event that Fabri claims the number one spot come the start of the season, Marcus Bettinelli has been in the back-up position many times before — and has thrived when asked to fill in.

https://tbrfootball.com/fulham-signing-fabri-marcus-bettinelli/

WhiteJC

2018 Fulham Player Profiles: Kevin McDonald
Let's take a look at Fulham's unofficial captain

Basic Stats: 45 appearances | 45 starts | 0 substitutions | 4,004 minutes | 3 goals | 1 assist

Economics: £1.35 million Transfer Fee | Signed: 2016 | Contract Ends in Summer 2019 plus a 1-year option

Stats by Seven-Game sequences

WhoScored Rating Chart

Radar

All data from whoscored.com

Transfermarket Value Chart

From transfermarket.co.uk

CC Thoughts: Tom Cairney might be the one wearing the captain's armband every matchday, but almost every player and supporter knows who the one true leader within the club really is. Kevin McDonald truly is the heart and soul of the club who is guaranteed to put in the hard yards to guide Fulham to victory. And when all eyes will be on the likes of Cairney, Aleksander Mitrovic, Ryan Sessegnon and Stefan Johansen creating chances and scoring goals, it is McDonald that is further behind supporting the back four and being the last cover in midfield.

It's what he's done his whole career. Whether he is at Dundee United, Burnley, Scunthorpe, Notts County, Sheffield United or Wolves, his role didn't change. Pundits and "pundits" will tell you that he is too slow for the upper echelons of English football, but you know that McDonald will do his best to shove any opinions from his critics and put in a 110% hard-wording shift.

This season was no different, and even with some goals that will make you wonder if you could do it yourself, Fulham would not be in the Premier League without his services. Now he's returning to the top flight for the first time since 2009/10. He wasn't even 21 years old at the start of that campaign back when he was at Turf Moor and he struggled to build off of the 30 total appearances during that point in his career. But after going through League 1 and the Championship in between, McDonald will hope that all those years of finally building upon that hardship and experience will see through an excellent 2018/19.

Key Stat: 131 combined tackles and interceptions. As proof of his hard graft, no other Fulham player had more defensive contributions than the Scotsman. The next closest Cottager in this statistic is Ryan Fredericks with 115. If you really want to add to McDonald's legend, consider that only Tim Ream had more blocked shots (32) than his 31. No other Fulham player had more than 21 blocked shots.

Your thoughts: So what say you about Mr. KMac? Where do you rate him in the hierarchy of most important Fulham players? Do you see him succeeding against better quality of competition now that he's in the Premier League? And do you think that, despite turning 30 in November, Tony Kahn and Co. should do what it takes to give him a new contract before his current deal runs out? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.

https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2018/7/25/17606238/2018-fulham-player-profiles-kevin-mcdonald

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Andre Schurrle from Borussia Dortmund on loan deal

An exciting transfer window for Fulham continues as they add former Chelsea man Andre Schurrle to their ranks

Fulham have completed the signing of Andre Schurrle on a two-year loan deal.

The 27-year-old makes the move from Borussia Dortmund having spent two seasons at the German club after signing from Wolfsburg in a club-record deal for the side.

However, injuries blighted his time at the Westfalenstadion and he will now look to get his career back on track with Fulham in the Premier League.

Schurrle has previous experience in the top flight in England, having spent time with west London neighbours Chelsea for two seasons, getting a Premier League winners' medal despite leaving the side halfway through the season.

He's also won the World Cup with Germany in 2014, setting up Mario Gotze for the goal in the final against Argentina, while also bagging a brace against Brazil in the 7-1 thrashing in the semi finals.

Fulham next? Schurrle looks set for a loan move to the Cottagers ahead of next season (Image: Alexandre Simoes/Borussia Dortmund/Getty Images)

He will be Fulham's fourth signing of what is proving to be an exciting summer for the Premier League two boys and he will join the likes of Jean-Michael Seri, Maxime Le Marchand and Fabri in their ranks for the coming season.

Despite a slow start to the window, Tony Khan is demonstrating that Fulham aren't in the top flight to make up the numbers this season and will be looking to make their mark as they aim for as high a finish as possible.

Meanwhile, talks are continuing between the side and Newcastle United for the transfer of Aleksandar Mitrovic, who has now returned from holiday after the World Cup.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-sign-andre-schurrle-borussia-14950263

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Andre Schurrle on loan from Borussia Dortmund

Schurrle has scored three goals in 33 appearances since joining Dortmund two years ago

Fulham have signed German World Cup-winning forward Andre Schurrle on loan from Borussia Dortmund.

The 27-year old former Chelsea player will join the Craven Cottage side for the next two seasons.

Schurrle won the World Cup with Germany in 2014 but did not make the squad for this summer's tournament.

"I can't wait to get started," he said. "I have to fight for my place and I have to show my quality so that I can be a member who really helps the team."

Schurrle played for Chelsea from 2013-15 and won a Premier League winners medal in 2015 despite leaving the club for Wolfsburg part-way through the season. He has been at Dortmund since July 2016 and has 57 caps for Germany.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44961463

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Andre Schurrle on two-year loan from Borussia Dortmund

Fulham have completed the signing of Andre Schurrle on a two-year loan deal from German club Borussia Dortmund.

The 27-year-old forward will wear the number 14 shirt at Craven Cottage.

After arriving in south-west London, Schurrle told fulhamfctv: "I'm so happy to be here, I can't wait to get started.

"Fulham were the first club that showed interest in me - that was something that I appreciated a lot, and one of the reasons I wanted to come here.

"I love ball possession, I love attacking, and I love making runs, so I think it could be perfect. I have to fight for my place and I have to show my quality so that I can be a member who really helps the team."

Schurrle has experience of playing in the Premier League, having spent 18 months at Fulham's neighbours Chelsea.

He has 22 goals in 57 games for Germany, and claimed the assist for Mario Gotze's extra-time goal that won the 2014 World Cup final.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11448868/fulham-sign-andre-schurrle-on-two-year-loan-from-borussia-dortmund

WhiteJC

'They were the first club that showed interest in me.... I appreciated that a lot:' Andre Schurrle joins Fulham on two-year loan from Borussia Dortmund

2014 World Cup winner Andre Schurrle has joined Fulham on a two-year loan
    He previously played for Chelsea and won the Premier League in 2015
    Schurrle had fallen out of favour at Borussia Dortmund but is a coup for Fulham

Former Chelsea forward Andre Schurrle has joined Fulham on a two-year loan deal from Borussia Dortmund.

'I'm so happy to be here, I can't wait to get started,' he told the club website. 'Fulham were the first club that showed interest in me - that was something that I appreciated a lot, and one of the reasons I wanted to come here.

'I love ball possession, I love attacking, and I love making runs, so I think it could be perfect. I have to fight for my place and I have to show my quality so that I can be a member who really helps the team.'

Forward Andre Schurrle has joined Fulham on a two year loan from Borussia Dortmund

Schurrle previously played for Chelsea but now returns to west London with Fulham

He will wear No 14 in the coming season with the newly-promoted Premier League side

His signing represents a significant coup for Slavisa Jokanovic's side as they look to build their squad following last season's Championship play-off victory.

Schurrle had been offered to Everton and Crystal Palace, while Lazio also showed an interest, but he has chosen a return to west London.

The 27-year-old was released from Dortmund's tour of the USA to conduct talks over his future before signing at Craven Cottage.

Schurrle previously scored 11 goals in 44 Premier League appearances for Chelsea

Schurrle scored 11 goals in 44 Premier League appearances for Chelsea before leaving Stamford Bridge in February 2015, having earned a Premier League winner's medal that summer.

He also counts the World Cup among his trophy cabinet, playing six times as Germany won the 2014 tournament in Brazil. He has also won two German Cups, with Wolfsburg and Dortmund.

Fulham director of football operations Tony Khan said: 'Andre has been a top target for us, as he has for other clubs throughout Europe, so I'm very happy that our pursuit was successful.

'We're ecstatic that we have reached an agreement to add Andre, given his impeccable credentials and his tremendous skill, and can't wait to see him in Fulham colours.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5992535/Andre-Schurrle-joins-Fulham-two-year-loan-Borussia-Dortmund.html

WhiteJC

Official: Andre Schurrle Leaves Borussia Dortmund on Loan To Fulham

As reports the past weeks indicated Andre Schurrle has left BVB to join the newly promoted Fulham FC. Schurrle was Dortmund record signing at 30 million Euros two years ago. He never really found his footing at the club, both metaphorically and literally, and a transfer this summer was expected. The deal is a loan for two years.

ts a shame Schurrle didn't work out on Dortmund, but he did have his flashed. When him, Gotze and Reus all managed to play together earlier this year they all looked at their peak. However, there is no room for him as a winger in the squad, and Schurrle striker is an experiment that never works.

There is no news that the loan has an option to buy or if there is a loan fee or not. For a two season loan hopefully we get some money for it!

Good luck at Fulham Lumberjack Schurrle!

https://www.fearthewall.com/2018/7/25/17611650/official-andre-schurrle-leaves-borussia-dortmund-on-loan-to-fulham

WhiteJC

Schürrle signs for Fulham

Fulham have tonight completed the signing of German winger Andre Schürrle on a two-year loan deal from Borussia Dortmund.

The former Chelsea winger turned down a host of clubs to make his return to English football with the Premier League new boys. The 27 year-old, a World Cup winner with Germany back in 2014, completed his medical at Motspur Park and told the club's website that he was delighted to complete the deal.

I'm so happy to be here, I can't wait to get started. Fulham were the first club that showed interest in me – that was something that I appreciated a lot, and one of the reasons I wanted to come here. I love ball possession, I love attacking, and I love making runs, so I think it could be perfect. I have to fight for my place and I have to show my quality so that I can be a member who really helps the team.

Fulham's vice chairman and head of football operations, Tony Khan, said:

I'm thrilled to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed André Schürrle on loan from Borussia Dortmund. André has been a top target for us, as he has for other clubs throughout Europe, so I'm very happy that our pursuit was successful.

He has vast experience, having played in the Premier League, the Bundesliga and with the German National Team, including the squad that won the World Cup in 2014. We're ecstatic that we have reached an agreement to add André, given his impeccable credentials and his tremendous skill, and can't wait to see him in Fulham colours. Come on Fulham!

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/schurrle-signs-for-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham 'ecstatic' to land deal for German star Andre Schurrle

The former Chelsea player is heading back to west London.

Fulham have signed Andre Schurrle on a two-year loan deal from Borussia Dortmund.

The Germany international forward is a former Chelsea player and was a World Cup winner with his country in 2014.

Now 27, he told fulhamfctv: "I'm so happy to be here, I can't wait to get started."

"Fulham were the first club that showed interest in me – that was something that I appreciated a lot, and one of the reasons I wanted to come here."

Schurrle, who will wear the number 14 shirt for the newly-promoted Premier League side, said: "I love ball possession, I love attacking, and I love making runs, so I think it could be perfect.

"I have to fight for my place and I have to show my quality so that I can be a member who really helps the team."

Cottagers vice-chairman Tony Khan added: "Andre has been a top target for us, as he has for other clubs throughout Europe, so I'm very happy that our pursuit was successful.

"He has vast experience, having played in the Premier League, the Bundesliga and with the German national team, including the squad that won the World Cup in 2014.

"We're ecstatic that we have reached an agreement to add Andre, given his impeccable credentials and his tremendous skill, and can't wait to see him in Fulham colours."

Schurrle impressed with Mainz and Bayer Leverkusen, prior to his move to Chelsea for a reported £18million in 2013.

He scored eight Premier League goals for the Blues in 2013/14, including a hat-trick at Fulham in a 3-1 win, and played enough games to earn a Premier League winner's medal in 2014/15 – even though he left for Wolfsburg before the season was out.

He joined Borussia Dortmund a little more than two years ago, for an undisclosed fee.

http://sport.bt.com/football/fulham-ecstatic-to-land-deal-for-german-star-andre-schurrle-S11364285604605

WhiteJC

Schurrle completes loan move to Fulham

German forward returns to London after agreeing a two-year loan deal

Fulham have signed Andre Schurrle from Borussia Dortmund on a two-season loan.

The 27-year-old forward, who will wear the No 14 shirt, is Fulham's fourth signing of the summer transfer window.

"Fulham were the first club that showed interest in me - that was something that I appreciated a lot, and one of the reasons I wanted to come here," he told the club's official website.

"I have to fight for my place and I have to show my quality so that I can be a member who really helps the team."

It is Schurrle's second spell in the Premier League, after two campaigns with Chelsea from 2013.

He joined the Blues from Bayer Leverkusen and made 44 appearances, scoring 11 goals and claiming two assists.

Schurrle left Stamford Bridge midway through the 2014/15 season for VfL Wolfsburg but still qualified for a Premier League winner's medal.

He scored one goal and had four assists in 18 Bundesliga appearances for Dortmund last season.

Fulham open their PL campaign against Crystal Palace on 11 August.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/788892

WhiteJC

Forget Mitrovic – Fulham could strike gold by completing this £26m deal for Brazilian star

Why Fulham bidding for Willian Jose is the right choice by them                                

Fulham have made a £26m bid for Real Sociedad's Brazilian striker Willian Jose, as an alternative to Aleksandar Mitrovic. The latter was on loan at Craven Cottage last season and manager Slavisa Jokanovic wants him to join from Newcastle United. But the deal is yet to materialise.

So, the Cottagers targeting Jose as a substitute option is a fantastic choice made by the club because the Brazilian has the qualities to be a success in the Premier League. He has had an impactful couple seasons in La Liga, playing for Real Sociedad, scoring 27 goals in 62 league appearances.

Here's everything you need to know about the player and why he can make the difference if bought by the Premier League newcomers:

Player Analysis – Willian Jose
Age – 26
Main Position – Forward

Jose is a very good all-around centre-forward with an array of attributes to trouble the defenders. His impressive height (189cm) and physical stature allow him to win aerial duels at a rate of 1.5 per game and dominate the centre-backs with ease. This aids him to provide knock-downs for midfield runners when a ball is played towards him.

Player Analysis – Willian Jose
Age – 26
Main Position – Forward

Jose is a very good all-around centre-forward with an array of attributes to trouble the defenders. His impressive height (189cm) and physical stature allow him to win aerial duels at a rate of 1.5 per game and dominate the centre-backs with ease. This aids him to provide knock-downs for midfield runners when a ball is played towards him.

So, Fulham will get a striker who can cope with the physicality of the Premier League and be lethal in front of goal when needed. The Brazilian won't just be an alternative but also a very good first-choice option for the Cottagers if are they fail to get Mitrovic.

Verdict

It's true that Jokanovic would still prefer the Mitrovic deal to be completed, however, the fact that Jose is such a high-quality player won't affect Fulham's plans. Both players have similar attributes in the air and would be ruthless.

Hence, it won't make much difference for Jokanovic. Anyway, Fulham would get a quality striker in Willian Jose, if not Mitrovic.

Stats Courtesy – Whoscored.com

https://soccersouls.com/2018/07/26/forget-mitrovic-fulham-could-strike-gold-by-completing-this-26m-deal-for-brazilian-star/

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Extra: Breaking News Analysis - André Schürrle
Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

In this episode, we analyzed the signing of André Schürrle on a two season loan deal for Fulham. Co-hosting this episode was Yannis Tjanetis and Max Cohen from The Boot Room.

to listen follow the link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2018/7/26/17615610/cottage-talk-extra-breaking-news-analysis-andre-schurrle

WhiteJC

Fulham sign German forward Schuerrle on two-year loan deal

(Reuters) - Fulham have signed German playmaker Andre Schuerrle on a two-year loan deal from Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund, the Premier League club said.

The 27-year-old, a World Cup winner with Germany in 2014, will be eager to overcome injury troubles he has faced in recent years, with a muscle fibre problem limiting him to just 18 appearances in the German top-flight last season.

"Fulham were the first club that showed interest in me - that was something that I appreciated a lot, and one of the reasons I wanted to come here," Schuerrle told the club's website.

"I love ball possession, I love attacking, and I love making runs, so I think it could be perfect. I have to fight for my place and I have to show my quality so that I can be a member who really helps the team."

Schuerrle will be eager to regain the dominant form he had during his prime at former clubs Chelsea and Wolfsburg after his underwhelming spell at Dortmund led to his omission from Germany's squad for this year's World Cup.

Fulham have recruited four new players so far as they prepare for their first top-flight season since the 2013/14 campaign.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-ful-schuerrle/fulham-sign-german-forward-schuerrle-on-two-year-loan-deal-idUKKBN1KG099?rpc=401&;