more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (28/07/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 28, 2018, 03:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

TT Introduces: Fulham's Timmy Abraham

Fulham supporters in the Transfer Tavern are very much looking forward to the 2018/19 Premier League season, what with their side returning to the top-flight after winning promotion via the Championship play-offs last term.

Slavisa Jokanovic's men last graced the top tier back in 2014 but have put together back-to-back top six finishes in the Championship, although they were denied by Reading in the play-offs the season before last. Yet they got the job done last term in beating Aston Villa 1-0 in the final at Wembley to secure their return to the Premier League, thus leaving Fulham supporters eagerly anticipating the start of the campaign, which for them begins at home to Crystal Palace on August 11.

As such, there are many excited and indeed hopeful Cottagers fans up and down the country, several of whom are wondering whether any youngsters may break out from the youth ranks and make the step up to the senior squad this season.

And based on his efforts for the club's Under-18 side last time round, 17-year-old sensation Timmy Abraham, brother of Chelsea forward Tammy, could well be the man to break through at Craven Cottage this season.

The Englishman began his youth career at Fulham and has since worked his way up through the ranks at the West London club, breaking into the Under-18 team at the rear end of the 2016/17 campaign.

And with two assists in those three matches at the conclusion of the season, it was clear that Abraham had something about him, and that was seen even more regularly last term as the striker netted nine goals and laid on two assists in 19 appearances in the South division of the Under-18 Premier League, thus helping the Cottagers to a seventh place finish in the table.

In fact, only three players in Reo Griffiths (27), Charlie Brown (12), and Stefan Ljubicic (ten) bagged on more occasions in the league than the Fulham youngster, thus underlining his pedigree at that level, and indeed the bright future he surely has at Craven Cottage.

Yes, being in the Premier League means it's going to be more difficult for players like Abraham to break through into the senior team, but when one is as talented as the 17-year-old, there's every chance that an opportunity might arise.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/fulham/tt-introduces-fulhams-timmy-abraham/

WhiteJC

Away Days: Part Five

Fulham fans share their memories of past trips to Leicester, Watford, Bournemouth and Wolverhampton, our final four away days of the campaign.

Alex White: Leicester City v Fulham (King Power Stadium) – Saturday 9th March

My first visit to Filbert Street came in December 1982. I was a student at the time which meant I could travel everywhere half price, so I caught a train to Leicester from St Pancras and walked to the ground from the station. Already without Gordon Davies and Dean Coney, youngster Leroy Rosenior was injured in this match with a suspected shoulder dislocation and had to leave the pitch in the 70th minute. He was playing up front with Oxford United loanee Andy Thomas. Fulham were hit with two goals in the last 15 minutes when David Buchanan prodded the ball in after it had first hit a ruck of players and spun away from goalkeeper Gerry Peyton, and then Buchanan turned Jeff Hopkins inside-out before laying on another for Gary Lineker. So it was a disappointing journey home to London.

Dean Jones: Watford v Fulham (Vicarage Road) – Saturday 6th April

Our last trip there was not one to remember. We were clearly in the early stages of a rebuild under Kit Symons and were beaten 1-0. Slav was actually in charge of Watford that day! Anyway, this is a great ground to visit. Just about close enough to count as a London derby, easy to access by public transport, and a decent town centre for those in search of a few drinks or bite to eat.

Dean Jones: AFC Bournemouth v Fulham (Vitality Stadium) – Saturday 20th April

I missed the game there four years ago but had a good time in 1999 — one of my first ever away trips. We drew 1-1 in the old Division Two. I have been to the ground more recently, and they have kept the place in decent shape. It's a small stadium, but great for that very reason, and I think this will be one of the most sought after tickets of the season.

Billy Murphy: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Fulham (Molineux) – Saturday 4th May

A 15 minute walk or so from the train station means that the streets of Wolverhampton are paved with pre-game drinking establishments...or so you'd think. Away pubs are few and far between, with your most likely option a bar in the Premier Inn nearby to the train station. Following the short foray to Molineux, and a greeting of a raucous 'Hi Ho Wolverhampton' just before kick-off, you'll be met by some low level seating in the Steve Bull stand around the halfway line for your viewing pleasure - perfect to see Tom Cairney execute his best Paul Scholes impression and volley one into the top corner, though if it's ever as chilly as the infamous cup game in the snow from 2015, then you'll want to make sure you're wrapped up.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/july/27/away-days-part-five

WhiteJC

Daniel Caligiuri would be quite the coup for Fulham

Fulham's excellent business in the transfer window has given them an excellent chance at staying up next year.

The Cottagers finally returned to the Premier League after a four absence after defeating Aston Villa in the play-off final. Due to the strength of the promoted sides and the money available to Premier League teams, avoiding relegation will be harder than ever. Fulham have wasted no time in bolstering their ranks.

Slavisa Jokanovic secured the signature of Ivorian midfielder Jean Michael Seri despite interest from both Arsenal and Chelsea. The Serb also landed Fabri from Fenerbache and Maxime le Marchand from Nice. The Cottagers also pulled off a massive coup by securing the services of Andre Schurrle on loan from Borussia Dortmund.

Following Ryan Fredericks departure to West Ham, Jokanovic will be searching for a replacement.

To continue their great window, Fulham should make a move for Schalke wideman – Daniel Caligiuri. Valued at £6.75m by Transfermarkt, the 30-year-old was one of the top performers in the Bundesliga last season after arriving from Wolfsburg back in January 2017.  He scored six goals and registered ten assists with an average rating of 7.57 according to WhoScored – only James Rodriguez averaged higher in the entire division.

Compared to Fredericks, Caligiuri averaged significantly more interceptions and tackles per 90 minutes. Offensively, the Italian came out on top – averaging more key passes, crosses and successful dribbles per game than the Englishman (WhoScored).

His low value could see Fulham pick up the bargain of the summer.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/fulham/daniel-caligiuri-would-be-quite-the-coup-for-fulham/

WhiteJC

Brighton Ticket Information

Fulham kick-off September with a trip to the Amex Stadium to take on Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday 1st (3pm).

Tickets for the fixture will go on sale from 10am, Monday 30th July. On sale dates are staggered via Loyalty Points, culminating with all Season Ticket Holders and Members being able to purchase - subject to availability from Wednesday 8th August.

Supporters are advised to check the full on-sale schedule with Loyalty Points information below.

On Sale Date   On Sale Group
10am, Monday 30th July    Season Ticket Holders & Members with 700+ points (1 per person)
10am, Tuesday 31st July   Season Ticket Holders & Members with 600+ points (1 per person)
10am, Wednesday 1st August   Season Ticket Holders & Members with 500+ points (1 per person)
10am, Thursday 2nd August   Season Ticket Holders & Members with 400+ points (1 per person)
10am, Friday 3rd August  Season Ticket Holders & Members with 300+ points (1 per person)
10am, Monday 6th August   Season Ticket Holders & Members with 200+ points (1 per person)
10am, Tuesday 7th August   Season Ticket Holders & Members with 100+ points (1 per person)
10am, Wednesday 8th August   All Season Ticket Holders & Members (1 per person)

Tickets are priced at £30 for adults, £23 for over 65s & under 21s and just  £15 for Under 18s.

Fans will be able to purchase tickets online, by telephone on 0203 871 0810 (opt 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.
All tickets are subject to availability. Terms & Conditions and booking fees apply

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/july/27/brighton-tickets

WhiteJC

Valued at £26m recently, Fulham reportedly offered Rodrigo Battaglia for free

West Ham United were quoted £26m for former Sporting Lisbon midfielder Battaglia but Premier League newcomers Fulham could now reportedly sign him.

Back in April, O Jogo reported that Sporting Lisbon were demanding £26 million for Rodrigo Battaglia amid interest from the likes of West Ham, Inter Milan, Napoli and Roma.

For the last month, however, the Argentine midfielder has been a free-agent after becoming one of a number of players to terminate his contract following a series of issues at Primeira Liga outfit Sporting Lisbon.

Despite a number of clubs being linked from the Premier League and around Europe, however, Battaglia has been strangely absent from the gossip columns. Although reports from Record suggest that the 27-year-old is stepping up his pursuit of a new club.

It is reported that newly promoted Fulham have been offered the opportunity to strengthen their midfield further with the signing of Battaglia.

Sporting Lisbon have been in negotiations to try to convince the former Braga star to return to the Estadio Jose Alvalade, but it seems that they are now looking at alternative options, including the Montenegrin midfielder Nikola Vukcevic.

The intelligent and exciting Battaglia, who is renowned for his dribbling ability and accurate distribution, started 21 of his 33 league appearances for Sporting in a tumultuous campaign, scoring once and providing two assists.

Fulham are understood to be chasing another midfielder after the arrival of Jean Michel Seri, so it will be interesting to see if the Cottagers take up this option to sign Battaglia.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/27/do-valued-at-26m-recently-fulham-reportedly-offered-rodrigo-batt/

WhiteJC

West Ham United, Fulham target Lille's Kevin Malcuit?

West Ham United and Fulham are reportedly interested in signing full-back Kevin Malcuit from Ligue 1 side Lille.

The 26-year-old signed for Lille in 2017 from Saint-Etienne for a fee of £8m, going on to make 23 appearances for the club.

West Ham have already made five signings so far this transfer window, including winger Felipe Anderson from Lazio for a club-record £36m.

However, the Hammers are looking to strengthen their defensive options as well, as are newly-promoted Fulham.

According to France Football, Napoli and Inter Milan have also joined the race to sign the Frenchman.

West Ham and Fulham have until August 9 to make any additions to their squads ahead of the 2018-19 Premier League season.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/west-ham-united/transfer-talk/news/west-ham-fulham-target-lilles-malcuit_331605.html

WhiteJC

The Great Fulham Mitrovic Puzzle Is Unveiled

Here at Vital Fulham, we were hoping that, by now, a deal to secure the services of Aleksandar Mitrovic, on a permanent basis, would have been completed.

But it clearly hasn't.

Somewhat perplexed we decided we'd scour the internet for some kind of explanation.

Well, it seems our good friends at Sky Sports, are of the opinion that the two clubs involved, Newcastle and Fulham, are at odds over the transfer fee for the Serbian striker.

Seemingly, Fulham are only wishing to pay a transfer fee in the region of £16 million for the player whilst Newcastle want £2 million more.

Now, to us, it seems that we're in danger of losing out on a player who had so much to do with turning last season around from an average one to a promotion winning one.

Surely, if the difference is as little as £2 million, somebody should step up to the ante and authorise the fee.

The new season is just a mere two weeks away, if Fulham seriously want Mitrovic to lead the attack this coming season then time is fast running out.

Here at Vital Fulham, we'd like to hear your views on the above subject matter.

Should Fulham bite-the-bullet and pay-out the fee Newcastle United want or should we stick to our guns?

Please feel free to drop your views into the comments facility beneath this article.

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/the-great-fulham-mitrovic-puzzle-is-unveiled/

WhiteJC

An Interesting Proposition For Fulham Supporters To Consider

With our eagerly anticipated return to top-flight football just a matter of two weeks or so away, things are starting to get exciting.

But, the big question I have to ask is whether our squad has been strengthened enough to make an impact in the Premier League.

Although the club has been active in the transfer market and I'm sure there are several targets the club are looking to bring in, I'm still a little unsure as to whether we have.

Surfing through the social media networks, desperate for inspiration, I stumbled across the following:

Sorry I'm on one this morning ????

But...

Chris Smalling will be a bit part player this season for Utd, contract runs out in 12 months. Utd want Maguire and need to sell.

Would a cheeky 20 Million bid bring the lad home? #Fulham pic.twitter.com/96nCUq6RSJ

— The Grizzler (@The_Grizzlers) July 24, 2018

Personally, I think the author of the tweet has a valid point.

Chris Smalling's career has reached a crossroads.

Left out of the England World Cup squad and with Jose Mourinho looking to add to his defensive ranks perhaps a fresh challenge could be just what Smalling needs.

But, as for the fee, I'm not sure Manchester United would be so accommodating, but we could but ask.

Here at Vital Fulham, we'd be interested in your views on a possible return to Craven Cottage for a player who made his name at Craven Cottage after he was plucked from non-league football.

Please feel free to drop your opinions into the comments facility beneath this article.

COYW's

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/an-interesting-proposition-for-fulham-supporters-to-consider/

WhiteJC

McDonald's New Contract

The Club is delighted to confirm that Kevin McDonald has agreed a new two-year deal with Fulham.

The midfielder has signed a contract which keeps him at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2020, with an option to extend by a further 12 months.

McDonald has been one of the first names on Slaviša Jokanović's teamsheet since he signed from Wolverhampton Wanderers two years ago, racking up 94 appearances already.

A pillar of consistency, Macca is a regular winner of the website's Man of the Match votes, and also came third in Player of the Season in each of his campaigns at Fulham.

McDonald's leadership on the pitch was vital in 2017/18 as the team won promotion, while he also chipped in with some vital goals.

His late, scrambled effort at Barnsley helped secure a vital win seven games into our 23-match unbeaten run, while his screamer at the Den three months later put some crucial breathing space between the Whites and a stubborn Millwall outfit.

Speaking to fulhamfctv, McDonald said: "Obviously I'm delighted. I feel settled here, it's a great place to play, it's got everything needed for a Premier League club, and thankfully that's what we are.

"Hopefully we can kick on this season, it's been a great couple of years and - having extended my contract - I couldn't be happier."

Tony Khan added: "I'm pleased to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed a contract extension for Kevin McDonald.

"Kevin's presence within our squad and the positive effect he has on his teammates cannot be underestimated.

"Of course, Kevin made important contributions to our great success last season, so now it's fitting that he will be contributing to our future successes as well! Come on Fulham!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/july/27/kevin-mcdonald-new-contract

WhiteJC

Kevin McDonald signs two-year contract extension with Fulham

Kevin McDonald is looking forward to playing in the Premier League with Fulham

Kevin McDonald has agreed a new two-year deal with Fulham that will keep him at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2020, with an option to extend by a further 12 months.

McDonald joined Fulham from Wolves two years ago and has gone on to become a key player for Slaviša Jokanović, making 94 appearances so far.

He played a major part in Fulham's promotion to the Premier League and came third in the club's Player of the Season awards in both his campaigns at Craven Cottage

Speaking to fulhamfctv, McDonald said: "Obviously I'm delighted. I feel settled here, it's a great place to play, it's got everything needed for a Premier League club, and thankfully that's what we are.

"Hopefully we can kick on this season, it's been a great couple of years and - having extended my contract - I couldn't be happier."

McDonald celebrates scoring against Leeds in April

Fulham chairman Tony Khan added: "I'm pleased to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed a contract extension for Kevin McDonald.

"Kevin's presence within our squad and the positive effect he has on his teammates cannot be underestimated.

"Of course, Kevin made important contributions to our great success last season, so now it's fitting that he will be contributing to our future successes as well! Come on Fulham!"

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11451341/kevin-mcdonald-signs-two-year-contract-extension-with-fulham

WhiteJC

FFC In Germany: Live Stream

UK based Fulham fans will be able to watch a live stream of the Cup of Traditions this Saturday.

The Whites face Athletic Bilbao in the Semi-Finals at 5pm local time (4pm BST), before taking on either MSV Duisburg or ACF Fiorentina.

If we lose against Bilbao then we will compete in the Third-Place Play-Off at 6pm (5pm BST), but if we win then we'll compete in the Final at 7pm (6pm BST).

Both matches are 45 minutes, and can be viewed live by heading over to fulhamfc.com.

We regret that licencing restrictions mean that we are only permitted to stream to fans in the UK.
*Please note that there will be no commentary on the feed

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/july/27/ffc-in-germany-live-stream

WhiteJC

McDonald signs new Fulham contract

Kevin McDonald has signed a two-year contract extension with Fulham, the club has confirmed this afternoon.

The Scottish international, a key part of Slavisa Jokanovic's promotion-winning side last year, will now stay at Craven Cottage until at least the summer of 2020 with the Whites holding an option to extend the deal by another year. McDonald has been one of Fulham's unsung heroes since signing from Wolves two years ago and has made 94 appearances in front of the back four. He joins captain Tom Cairney and centre back Tim Ream in committing their future to Fulham this summer.

Although primarily a holding player concerned with keeping the opposition at bay, McDonald scored some vital goals as the Whites put together a 23-match unbeaten run towards the end of the Championship season. He popped up with a crucial close-range strike to help Fulham come from behind to win at Barnsley and then scored an incredible effort to double the Whites' lead at Millwall.

The 29 year-old told Fulham's official website that he was happy to successfully conclude negotiations on his new deal:

Obviously I'm delighted. I feel settled here, it's a great place to play, it's got everything needed for a Premier League club, and thankfully that's what we are. Hopefully we can kick on this season, it's been a great couple of years and – having extended my contract – I couldn't be happier.

Fulham's vice-chairman and head of football of operations, Tony Khan, said:

I'm pleased to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed a contract extension for Kevin McDonald. Kevin's presence within our squad and the positive effect he has on his teammates cannot be underestimated. Of course, Kevin made important contributions to our great success last season, so now it's fitting that he will be contributing to our future successes as well!

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/mcdonald-signs-new-fulham-contract/

WhiteJC

Fulham make Herrera offer

Fulham have made an offer for Porto's defensive midfielder Hector Herrera, according to reports from Mexico.

Record claims that Whites boss Slavisa Jokanovic has told the Mexican international that he wants to make him a key player in the club's midfield as they prepare to return to the Premier League and that the 28 year-old is excited about the possibility of a move to England. Porto have responded to Fulham's offer by revealing their valuation of the World Cup star – and negotiations between the two parties are ongoing with a view to a potential transfer.

Herrera would likely fit in Jokanovic's favoured 4-3-3 system as a deep-lying midfielder, taking the anchor role currently played by the experienced Scottish midfielder Kevin McDonald, with new signing Jean-Michael Seri and skipper Tom Cairney operating in front of him. He is under contract with Porto until 2019 and the Portuguese giants are strongly considering a sale as they do not want to lose one of their key players for nothing next summer when his current contract expires. He has a minimum fee release clause of £35m,

Herrera is vastly experienced on the international stage, having won seventy caps for Mexico and scored five goals. He has an Olympic gold medal from London 2012, where the Mexicans stunned Brazil to win at Wembley, and was named player of the tournament at that summer's Toulon Tournament, which the Mexican under-23 side also won. He has won the CONCACAF Gold Cup and the CONCACAF Cup with his country and led Porto to the league title last season, being named in the Primeria Liga team of the year.

Herrera, who played in four of Mexico's World Cup games this summer in Russia, has made 192 appearances in all competitions for Porto, scoring 26 goals. He was a mainstay of the side that won the title last season, making 29 league appearances, scoring three times and creating five assists. It is believed Porto would accept a bid of above £20m for their energetic, box-to-box midfielder.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/fulham-make-herrera-offer/

WhiteJC

From Mexico: Fulham make bid for Porto star, Jokanovic has already spoken to him

In some surprising news on Friday, Premier League side Fulham have reportedly made a bid for Porto midfielder Hector Herrera.

The story comes from the player's home country Mexico, where Record says that the interest from the Whites is 'serious' and 'advanced'.

According to the outlet, Porto have responded to the bid with a counter-offer, and the situation is now being analysed by the West London side.

It's not only the club boards who are in talks. Record claims that Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has already spoken to Herrera about the intention to sign him this summer, telling him he would be a regular starter in midfield. The player sees the offer 'with good eyes'.

As Herrera's contract with Porto expires next year, the Dragons are now in a delicate position, with the risk of losing him for free at the end of the season. That's why they shouldn't demand the €40m release clause to let the player go.

Record doesn't seem to know the amount offered by Fulham for now.

Hector Herrera finished the last season with 42 appearances, five goals and seven assists for Porto. He's also played at the World Cup this summer, starting all of Mexico's four games in the tournament.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/mexico-fulham-make-bid-porto-star-jokanovic-already-spoken/

WhiteJC

Promoted clubs hoping to emulate Brighton, Huddersfield and Newcastle's survival by spending big

Fulham's record signing Jean-Michael Seri chats with manager Slavisa Jokanovic CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES

Tom Cairney, the Fulham captain, had a neat way of describing his side's style of play last season, when their commitment to passing football made them one of the Championship's most attractive teams. "I feel like we play Premier League football in the Championship," he told the Daily Telegraph in May. "It's incredibly brave."

Having talked the talk, Cairney and some of his promotion-winning team-mates will have the chance to prove they can walk the walk in the top division this season. Some of them, but not all. With a quartet of new arrivals and a string of players leaving the club, the Fulham side which starts the campaign is likely to be drastically different from the team that won the play-off final against Aston Villa.

As it stands, no Premier League squad has gone through as much as summer churn as Fulham. It is not unrealistic to say that Slavisa Jokanovic's starting lineup on the first day of the season, at home to Crystal Palace, could feature just five of the players who started at Wembley in May.

This is partly due to the departure of loanees such as Matt Targett and Aleksandar Mitrovic (who may yet return on a permanent deal), but also because of the summer spending. As is the modern custom, Fulham have responded to promotion by reaching for the chequebook. Midfielder Jean Michael Seri has arrived for £25 million, left-back Maxime Le Marchand for £7.5m and goalkeeper Fabri for £5m. Andre Schurrle, the former Chelsea forward, has been signed on loan from Borussia Dortmund.

So far, Fulham have spent around £38m on revamping their squad in time for the Premier League. It is even more dramatic at Wolverhampton Wanderers, where more than £44m has been poured out of the coffers. With Portuguese super-agent Jorge Mendes pulling the strings (they now have as many Portuguese players as Porto), Wolves have spent more in the summer transfer window than any other promoted club over the past five years. Cardiff City, the other promoted side, have spent £29m.

It is hard to blame the newcomers for wanting to invigorate their squads, not least because it proved an effective strategy for last season's promoted trio. In the summer of 2017, Brighton spent more than £40m on new recruits, while Huddersfield Town spent £39m and Newcastle United spent £36m. Not all the signings were successful, and not all played regularly, but all three promoted sides were able to avoid relegation for only the third time in Premier League history.

This is the blueprint that Fulham, Wolves and Cardiff are no doubt hoping to follow. Look further back, though, and it is clear that a sizeable summer shake-up has not always had the desired effect.

In three of the last five seasons, the promoted club that spent the most money in the summer transfer window was relegated at the end of the campaign. In 2016/17 it was Middlesbrough, who splashed a total of £26m before finishing 19th. In 2014/15, Queens Park Rangers spent more than £36m on players such as Steven Caulker, Leroy Fer and Jordon Mutch and finished at the bottom of the table. The previous season, Cardiff had spent £34m (including £8m on Danish striker Andreas Cornelius, who did not score once) only to end up in 20th place in May.

Naturally, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Bournemouth largely stuck with the same core group of players upon their promotion in 2015, while Watford spent more than £40m and cemented their status as a Premier League side. Disruption can work for teams, as well as against them. It is hard to believe, for example, that Wolves will not be improved by the arrivals of Joao Moutinho (113 Portugal caps) and Rui Patricio (73 Portugal caps).

The concern may well be greater at Fulham, where the loss of Ryan Fredericks to West Ham and the return of Targett to Southampton has robbed Jokanovic of two of his favoured four defenders. In attack, Mitrovic was arguably the key figure in the run of form that led to their promotion, and Fulham are yet to agree a permanent deal with Newcastle.

This has left Jokanovic needing to teach the meticulous Fulham approach, that "bravery" of which Cairney speaks, as quickly as possible. "We are not going to just hit long balls or park the bus," the Fulham manager told Spanish newspaper Marca. "The Premier League is very tough and we will need to change some things, but we are not going to give up our style of play."

The purists will hope he is right, while the fans of each promoted side will be praying that the summer spending will not go too far, and will not cause too much of a disruption to a winning formula. Even the briefest of glances at the history books shows this to be a possibility worth fearing.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/27/promoted-clubs-hoping-emulate-brighton-huddersfield-newcastles/

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham make move for Porto's Hector Herrera after Arsenal's interest cools

Fulham are keen to sign former Arsenal target Hector Herrera.

According to a report by Record, Fulham have made a concrete offer for Porto's Hector Herrera with the Portuguese club coming back with a counteroffer.

The Mexican publication claim Porto are willing to sell Herrera as the player's contract expires next summer, though it will be for a fee far less than his £35.5 million release clause.

Fulham's attempts to sign the player comes after Arsenal's interest in signing the midfielder cooled, according to The Sun who also publish the Cottagers' interest in the Mexico international.

The Gunners have already strengthened their midfield with the addition of Lucas Torreira, therefore their own interest in the 28-year-old has cooled allowing Fulham to put themselves in pole position.

Slavisa Jokanovic's side have already strengthened their squad with the likes of Jean Serri joining from Nice and Andre Schurrle arriving on loan, though Herrera would arguably be their most impressive addition of the lot.

The former Pachuca man has become one of Porto's most impressive players since joining the club, while for the Mexican national team he sets the rhythm in midfield and dictates play.

Herrera alongside Tom Cairney and Serri in Fulham's midfield could help the club steer well clear of relegation this coming season, while giving the club's supporters plenty of excitement along the way.

The report in Record claims Jokanovic has spoken with Herrera to tell him of his intentions to sign him this summer, and the club remain hopeful of bringing him to Craven Cottage.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/27/tt-report-fulham-make-move-for-world-cup-star-after-arsenals-int/

WhiteJC

Fulham make approach to sign Mexican World Cup star

No, it's not Lozano

Fulham are having one hell of a summer. Since being promoted via the play-offs, they have secured the signings of Jean-Michael Seri from OGC Nice as well as World Cup winner with Germany and former Chelsea winger, André Schürrle.

They would not have been able to sign this calibre of player were it not for their expansive style of football, which atrracted a lot of praise throughout the course of last season.

The West London club aren't stopping there, either. According to the Portuguese newspaper Record's Mexican website, Fulham have made an approach to sign FC Porto captain Hector Herrera.

Herrera was a key player for Mexico at the 2018 World Cup, helping his national team beat Germany and progress to the round of 16, where they were knocked out by Brazil.

According to the report, Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanović has already spoken with the midfielder, who he sees as a potential 'axis' to his midfield, sititng behind club captain Tom Cairney and new signing Jean-Michel Seri.

Fulham, as well as Wolves, have put themselves in good stead to survive in the Premier League by making several shrewd signigns already this summer. Last season's Championship winners Wolves have secured deals for Joao Moutinho from Monaco as well as Rui Patricio from Sporting Clube de Portugal. The Midlands club were today linked with another Portugal international, Pepe, who currently plays for Besiktas.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/fulham-make-approach-to-sign-mexican-world-cup-star-192206

WhiteJC

Bournemouth's Harry Arter would be a really shrewd signing for Fulham

Fulham are reportedly interested in signing the Bournemouth midfielder.

According to a report from the Mirror, Fulham are tracking Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter, and if Slaviša Jokanović does in fact manage to bring the 28-year-old to Craven Cottage, it would be a really smart signing for the west London outfit.

The 13-capped Republic of Ireland international has been with the Cherries for eight years, and has proven to be a wonderfully consistent performer for Eddie Howe's side, notching up 255 appearances in all competitions in the process.

Arter is an expert passer of the football, and that combined with his cool and composed nature when in possession enables him to dictate the tempo of the game.

He is an orthodox central midfielder by trade, but he can also operate in the deep-lying midfield role if required to do so.

Fulham already have a strong group of players at Craven Cottage, but adding someone with Arter's Premier League experience could prove to invaluable.

The Mirror claims that the Bournemouth ace has been recommended to Fulham boss Jokanovic by first-team coach Scott Parker, who is Arter's brother-in-law.

Whether the south coast outfit will entertain the idea of selling the Irishman to a direct Premier League rival is doubtful, however.

Nevertheless, Fulham should at least test the waters with an enquiry for the 28-year-old midfield ace.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/27/bournemouths-harry-arter-would-be-a-really-shrewd-signing-for-fu/

WhiteJC

Fantasy Football Potential – Andre Schurrle

Fulham have made the marquee signing of German star Andre Schurrle on a two year loan from Borussia Dortmund. He has previously played in the Premier League before with London rivals Chelsea where he incidentally scored a hat trick against Fulham in his time there

Andre Schurrle has had bags of success with his international side, Germany. He won the World Cup in Brazil in 2014 and played a reasonably big part in it. He scored twice in their famous 7-1 win over the hosts Brazil in the semi finals and picked up his winners medal a few days later.

After signing, Schürrle told fulhamfctv:

"I'm so happy to be here, I can't wait to get started. Fulham were the first club that showed interest in me – that was something that I appreciated a lot, and one of the reasons I wanted to come here. I love ball possession, I love attacking, and I love making runs. I have to fight for my place and I have to show my quality so that I can be a member who really helps the team."

Fantasy Premier League Potential (6.0m)

Schurrle is a really exciting prospect in Fantasy Premier League in my opinion. He has been classified as a midfielder which is good as they could have quite easily made him a forward, this would have reduced the points he'd get for scoring and possible clean sheet points. He's also been generously priced at £6.0m making him a potential bargain.

In his time at Chelsea he was a pretty useful player. In the 2013/14 campaign he played just over 1,300 minutes of Premier League football, but scored over a century of FPL points which is a brilliant record. He would have registered over 250 points if he played in all the games which makes him the value of a premium priced midfielder.

Fulham's first five fixtures are as follows: Crystal Palace (H), Tottenham (A), Burnley (H), Brighton (A) and Manchester City (A). It's quite a tough beginning for the Cottagers but they have a strong squad so they should get a couple of wins from these matches.

http://fplupdates.com/fpl-potential/fantasy-football-potential-andre-schurrle/

WhiteJC

Fulham bid £20m for Mawson

Fulham have made a £20m offer for Swansea City centre back Alife Mawson, according to reports circulating this evening.

The former England under-21 international has been heavily linked with a move away from south Wales following Swansea's relegation from the Premier League. West Ham were the first club to show firm interest in the ball-playing centre back but had their initial offer rejected earlier this summer, whilst Burnley have recently been locked in talks with the Swans over a possible deal for the 24 year-old.

But with Burnley yet to meet Swansea's valuation of the former Barnsley defender, Fulham seem to have stolen a march on the other interested parties by making another big-money move in their summer of considerable spending after being promoted to the Premier League. Slavisa Jokanovic is desperate to strengthen his defence, especially at centre back, with Denis Odoi – who completed the season at the heart of the Fulham back four – suspended following his sending off in the play-off final. Mawson's confidence on the ball would fit Fulham's possession-based style, but the Whites could still face stiff competition to land their man.

Mawson has impressed since stepping up to the Premier League having only made four Championship appearances for Barnsley – with a number of mature performances at the centre of the Swansea defence, including a man-of-the-match debut in a 0-0 home draw with Watford. Although he was unable to prevent Swansea's eventual relegation last season, Mawson was an ever-present and was rewarded with a call-up to Gareth Southgate's England squad for the pre-World Cup friendlies against the Netherlands and Italy in March.

Mawson, who is likely to miss the start of the season as he recovers from recent knee surgery, told Swansea of his desire to continue to play top flight football and the club have long been preparing for his departure before the closure of the transfer window. The talented defender was born in Hillingdon and is thought to be open to a return to London.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/fulham-bid-20m-for-mawson/