more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (31/07/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 31, 2018, 06:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Mitrović completes Fulham switch

Aleksandar Mitrović has completed his permanent move to Fulham.

The forward joins Slaviša Jokanović's side for an undisclosed fee, bringing an end to his three-year spell at St. James' Park.

Twenty-three-year-old Mitrović signed for Newcastle United from Belgian outfit Anderlecht in July 2015, going on to make a total of 72 appearances for the Magpies, scoring 17 times.

The Serbia international spent a spell on loan at Craven Cottage during the second half of last season, making 17 appearances and scoring 12 times as Fulham won promotion from the Championship with a 1-0 win over Aston Villa in the play-off final at Wembley.

The club wishes him well for the future.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/mitrovic-completes-fulham-switch

WhiteJC

Are Fulham fighting a losing battle reportedly targeting Kieran Tierney?

Celtic's Scottish Premiership champion Kieran Tierney is once again being targeted by Premier League clubs, with Fulham the new side linked.

Premier League newcomers Fulham have now been linked with two Celtic players this summer.

According to the Sun at the start of July, the Cottagers are interested in Belgium's World Cup semi-finalist Dedryck Boyata. The former Manchester City centre-back has 12 months left on his contract, and it is reported that Fulham would offer him a hefty pay-rise to make a return to England all the more tempting.

Now, despite Celtic's best efforts to tie Boyata down to a new deal ahead of the 2018/19 season, it seems possible that the defender could move to Craven Cottage this summer.

The chances of Kieran Tierney making the same move, however, are very slim; particularly after he allegedly showed no interest in a move to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The Sun reported on Sunday that the coveted left-back is also on Fulham's radar, with scout Bryan Talbot watching the 21-year-old during Celtic's 3-1 Champions League qualifying win against Rosenberg. Tierney is valued at £25 million.

Crucially, however, he only signed a six-year contract last autumn and has said on countless occasions that he is happy to stay at the club he supported as a boy.

The Mail stated at the start of July that Tierney was not keen on a move to Wolves, and fellow Premier League newcomers Fulham are surely in the same boat.

If Tierney is to leave Celtic, you can bet that it will be for a genuine European giant, not a side who were playing Championship football three months ago.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/30/do-wolves-snub-shows-fulham-what-to-expect-with-reported-kieran/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic: Fulham sign Serbia striker from Newcastle

Aleksandar Mitrovic scored 12 goals in 17 games while on loan at Fulham last season

Fulham have signed Serbia striker Aleksandar Mitrovic for a reported £22m from fellow Premier League side Newcastle United.

Mitrovic scored 12 goals in 17 games on loan at Fulham last season as the Cottagers secured a return to the top flight via the Championship play-offs.

The 23-year-old, who joined Newcastle from Anderlecht in 2015 for £14.5m, has signed a five-year deal until 2023.

"I'm happy to the moon and back," he said.

"I'm very glad and happy and proud to finally be here and officially become a Fulham player. I have love for the fans. They're amazing fans and I have a really good connection with them.

"This is a big club and last year we made history.

"We want to keep making big things - and with all the fans behind us I think we can go far."

Mitrovic made five appearances for Newcastle in the first half of last season, before joining Fulham in February.

He was a key figure as Slavisa Jokanovic's side secured a return to the Premier League for the first time since the 2013-14 season.

The move comes three days after the Magpies agreed a deal to sign Japan striker Yoshinori Muto from Bundesliga side Mainz.

The Cottagers have already signed Spanish goalkeeper Fabri from Besiktas, German World Cup-winning forward Andre Schurrle on loan from Borussia Dortmund, as well as Ivory Coast midfielder Jean Michael Seri and French defender Maxime le Marchand from Nice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44992808

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Mitrovic

Fulham have confirmed the signing of Newcastle striker Aleksandar Mitrovic on a permanent deal.

The Serbian international has signed a five-year contract at Craven Cottage, bringing to an end a protracted transfer saga that had lasted all summer after his successful loan spell with the Whites last season. Fulham are believed to have paid around £20m to Newcastle for the 23 year-old's signature after he fired Slavisa Jokanovic's side to promotion from the Championship via the play-offs last term, scoring twelve goals in 20 appearances.

Mitrovic, who has scored 17 goals in 40 appearances at international level for his country and was part of Serbia's side during the World Cup this summer, couldn't hide his delight at finalising the transfer. He told Fulham's official website:

I'm very glad and happy and proud to finally be here and officially become a Fulham player. I'm happy to the moon and back. I have love for the fans. They're amazing fans and I have a really good connection with them. This is a big club and last year we made history, we did big things, and I want to continue this. We want to keep making big things, and with all the fans behind us I think we can go far.

Fulham chairman and head of football operations, Tony Khan, said:

I'm delighted to announce that Aleksandar Mitrovic is back where he belongs at Fulham Football Club! We have reached an agreement to bring Mitro home! He was a hero in our run to promotion, and from the moment he arrived at Motspur and began working with us, we've always wanted Mitro on a permanent; I told him that after the Final at Wembley, and I'm thrilled to make it official today.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/fulham-sign-mitrovic/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic completes £22million Fulham return after agreeing five-year deal

The Serbian striker impressed on loan from Newcastle last season as Fulham secured promotion to the Premier League

Aleksandar Mitrovic has completed a permanent move to Fulham.

The Serbian striker impressed on loan from Newcastle last season as Fulham secured promotion to the Premier League.

He was keen to return on a permanent basis and has now signed a five-year deal, with the deal worth around £22m.

Mitrovic will wear the No.9 shirt at Craven Cottage.

"This is a big club and last year we made history, we did big things, and I want to continue this.

"We want to keep making big things, and with all the fans behind us I think we can go far."

Aleksandar Mitrovic of Fulham celebrates (Image: Getty)

Mitrovic reacts last season (Image: PA Wire)

Mitrovic's arrival is likely to be followed by the signing of Swansea defender Alfie Mawson.

Mawson, who is valued at around £25m by Swansea, is set to undergo a medical on Tuesday.

Fulham have splashed the cash so far this summer, having pipped a host of clubs to land Jean-Michael Seri from Nice for a club-record fee.

Newcastle are likely to move for Salomon Rondon from West Brom as a replacement.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aleksandar-mitrovic-seals-22million-fulham-13005115

WhiteJC

Mitrovic makes permanent move to Fulham

Striker returns to Craven Cottage from Newcastle after agreeing a five-year deal

Fulham have announced the permanent signing of Aleksandar Mitrovic from Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee.

The striker has agreed a five-year deal to return to the club he helped earn promotion to the Premier League for 2018/19.

Mitrovic scored 12 goals in 17 starts after joining Fulham on loan in January last season.

"This is a big club and last year we made history, we did big things, and I want to continue this," he told the club's official website.

"We want to keep making big things and with all the fans behind us I think we can go far."

Mitrovic, 23, is Fulham's fifth signing of the summer transfer window.

He has this summer been representing Serbia in the 2018 FIFA World Cup and will wear the No 9 shirt at Craven Cottage.

Overall in his Premier League career he has scored 10 goals and assisted another four in 40 appearances.

Fulham begin the new campaign at home to Crystal Palace on Saturday 11 August.

"This is the only club I wanted to join."

Mitro discusses his happiness and relief at getting the deal done ▶️ https://t.co/oOJMeB1IXK#HereToStay 🔥 pic.twitter.com/k6HuZgZZCn
    — Fulham Football Club (@FulhamFC) July 30, 2018

https://www.premierleague.com/news/790196

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic joins Fulham from Newcastle on five-year deal
Sky sources understand Fulham have paid initial fee of £22m, rising to £27m with performance-based incentives

Fulham have signed Aleksandar Mitrovic from Newcastle with the Serbian striker signing a five-year deal at Craven Cottage.

Sky sources understand the newly-promoted Premier League side have paid an initial £22m to sign Mitrovic, with the fee potentially rising to £27m when performance-related add-ons are taken into account.

The 23-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Fulham, scoring 12 goals to help the south-west London side to promotion via the play-offs.

After sealing his move, Mitrovic said: "I'm very happy and proud to finally be here and officially become a Fulham player. I'm happy to the moon and back.

"I have love for the fans. They're amazing fans and I have a really good connection with them.

"This is a big club and last year we made history, we did big things, and I want to continue this. We want to keep making big things, and with all the fans behind us I think we can go far."

Mitrovic played in all three of Serbia's matches at this summer's World Cup, and scored in their 2-1 group stage defeat to Switzerland.

He will wear the number nine shirt at Fulham.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11454605/aleksandar-mitrovic-joins-fulham-from-newcastle-on-five-year-deal

WhiteJC

Does Anyone Else Share Our Bewilderment Over The Mitrovic Transfer Fee

Yesterday, with the transfer action starting to heat up we reported on how Newcastle and Fulham had, finally, agreed on a fee that would see Aleksandar Mitrovic move to Craven Cottage.

In our article, Click Here, we pointed out that the fee was being reported as £22 million possibly rising to £27 million with the add-ons in the contract being realised.

But, here at Vital Newcastle, we're a little puzzled at the size of the fee.

It was only a matter of days ago that, it was being reported that the transfer had run into trouble over agreeing on a fee, with our article covering the situation, Click Here, suggesting Fulham had offered £16 million whilst Newcastle wanted £18 million.

So, and here's the puzzling bit, how did the transfer fee jump to a staggering £22 million rising to £27 million?

1 – Did Fulham suddenly decide it was a case of getting their man no matter what the cost?

2 – Have Newcastle been economical with the truth in some kind of public appeasement exercise?

Or

3 – Were we all suckered in by the lovely media boys who never really had a clue over the size of the fee being quoted?

Here, at Vital Newcastle United, we'll let you decide, but please feel free to let us know which of the option you might consider to be the more accurate in our comments facility beneath this article.

https://newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/does-anyone-else-share-our-bewilderment-over-the-mitrovic-transfer-fee/

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Aleksandar Mitrovic in £20m deal from Newcastle as striker admits: 'I'm happy to the moon and back' after penning five-year contract

Aleksandar Mitrovic has completed his £20m move from Newcastle to Fulham
    The Serbian said: 'I'm happy to the moon and back' after penning five-year deal
    Mitrovic is expected to be followed through the door by Swansea's Alfie Mawson
    Fulham are in advanced talks with the defender after agreeing a £25million fee

Aleksandar Mitrovic has finalised his permanent switch from Newcastle to Fulham in a deal worth £20million.

The striker put pen to paper on a five-year deal at Craven Cottage and becomes the club's fifth major signing of the summer.

The 23-year-old enjoyed a prolific loan spell at Fulham last season and was vital in their push for promotion.

Aleksandar Mitrovic has signed a five-year deal at Fulham after moving from Newcastle

The Serbian admitted: 'I'm happy to the moon and back' after sealing his £20million move

Mitrovic becomes the fifth major signing of the summer for Premier League new boys Fulham

After sealing his return to the club, Mitrovic told fulhamfctv: 'I'm very glad and happy and proud to finally be here and officially become a Fulham player. I'm happy to the moon and back.

'I have love for the fans. They're amazing fans and I have a really good connection with them.

'This is a big club and last year we made history, we did big things, and I want to continue this. We want to keep making big things, and with all the fans behind us I think we can go far.'

The Serbian enjoyed a prolific loan spell at the club last term and helped them gain promotion

Mitrovic will hook up with his Fulham team-mates this week and could be in line to feature in their final two pre-season friendlies against Sampdoria and Celta Vigo.

Alfie Mawson is expected to follow the Serbian through the door at Fulham as he closes in a move from Swansea.

Fulham are in advanced talks with the defender after the two clubs agreed on a fee in the region of £25m.

Swansea's Alfie Mawson (right) is expected to follow Mitrovic through the door at Fulham

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6007803/Fulham-complete-20m-signing-Aleksandar-Mitrovic-Newcastle.html

WhiteJC

Mitrovic returns to Fulham in £22m move after brilliant loan spell

Having enraptured the Craven Cottage faithful in the second half of 2018, the Serbia striker is now returning to London on a permanent basis

Fulham have announced the permanent signing of former Newcastle United forward Aleksandar Mitrovic, who rejoins the west Londoners after a spell on loan earlier in 2018.

Mitrovic first joined the Cottagers on a short-team deal in February 2018, and quickly became a cult hero among fans for his goalscoring exploits.

The Serbia international smashed 12 goals in just 17 Championship games to help Fulham back to the Premier League, a feat achieved with victory over Aston Villa in the play-off final.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/mitrovic-returns-to-fulham-in-22m-move-after-brilliant-loan/14w029y80bjx8zli9mt2oxgze

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Aleksandar Mitrovic on permanent deal from Newcastle

The Serbia striker has returned to Craven Cottage on a five-year contract

The forward first joined Fulham on loan in January ( PA )

Fulham have signed Aleksandar Mitrovic on a permanent deal from Newcastle United, the Cottagers have announced.

The Serbia striker has returned to Craven Cottage on a five-year contract after the two Premier League clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

Mitrovic joined Fulham on loan in January and was instrumental in the club's promotion back to the Premier League.

The 23-year-old scored 12 goals in 17 appearances as Fulham finished third in the Championship before winning May's play-off final against Aston Villa at Wembley.

Speaking at Motspur Park after signing his new contract, Mitrović told fulhamfctv: "I'm very glad and happy and proud to finally be here and officially become a Fulham player. I'm happy to the moon and back.

"I have love for the fans. They're amazing fans and I have a really good connection with them.

"This is a big club and last year we made history, we did big things, and I want to continue this. We want to keep making big things, and with all the fans behind us I think we can go far."

Fulham owner Tony Khan added: "I'm delighted to announce that Aleksandar Mitrović is back where he belongs at Fulham Football Club! We have reached an agreement to bring Mitro home!

"He was a hero in our run to promotion, and from the moment he arrived at Motspur and began working with us, we've always wanted Mitro on a permanent; I told him that after the Final at Wembley, and I'm thrilled to make it official today. Come on Fulham!"

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/fulham-signings-transfer-news-latest-updates-aleksandar-mitrovic-newcastle-a8470286.html

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic returns to Fulham on permanent deal

The 23-year-old scored 12 goals in 17 appearances for the Cottagers last season.

Fulham have signed Aleksandar Mitrovic on a permanent deal from Newcastle.

The Serbia striker has returned to Craven Cottage on a five-year contract after the two Premier League clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

Mitrovic joined Fulham on loan in January and was instrumental in the club's promotion back to the Premier League.

The 23-year-old scored 12 goals in 17 appearances as Fulham finished third in the Championship before winning May's play-off final against Aston Villa at Wembley.

Mitrovic told fulhamfctv: "I'm very glad and happy and proud to finally be here and officially become a Fulham player. I'm happy to the moon and back.

http://sport.bt.com/football/aleksandar-mitrovic-returns-to-fulham-on-permanent-deal-S11364286364937

WhiteJC

Fulham seal permanent signing of Mitrović

Fulham have completed the signing of Aleksandar Mitrović from Newcastle on a permanent deal.

The Whites have paid around £22m for Mitrović, who has signed a five-year contract at Craven Cottage.

West London Sport previously reported that Fulham were edging towards a deal to sign the Serbian striker despite reports elsewhere suggesting negotiations had stalled and alternative targets were being pursued.

Mitrović, 23, played a key role in Fulham's promotion to the Premier League last season, scoring 12 goals in 17 appearances after joining on loan from Newcastle in January.

He subsequently made it clear to the Magpies that he wanted to leave the club and sign for Fulham this summer.

Mitrovic told fulhamfctv: "I'm very glad and happy and proud to finally be here and officially become a Fulham player. I'm happy to the moon and back.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-newcastle-mitrovic-signs-300718

WhiteJC

Serbia forward Mitrovic signs permanent deal with Fulham

LONDON (AP) - Serbia's World Cup forward Aleksandar Mitrovic, who joined Fulham on loan from Newcastle in January, signed a permanent deal with the newly-promoted English Premier League club on Monday.

No transfer fee was disclosed but media reports have put it at 22 million pounds ($28.9 million), rising to 27 million pounds ($35.4 million) with add-ons.

"I'm very glad to officially become a Fulham player," the 23-year-old Mitrovic said after signing a five-year contract. "I'm happy to the moon and back.

"I have love for the fans. They're amazing fans and I have a really good connection with them. This is a big club and last year we made history, we did big things, and I want to continue this."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-6007997/Serbia-forward-Mitrovic-signs-permanent-deal-Fulham.html

WhiteJC

EXCLUSIVE: Fulham return with improved offer for Southampton star

Fulham have returned to Southampton with an improved £12million offer for left-back Matt Targett, we can reveal.

Former England Under-21 ace Targett was hugely impressive for the Cottagers last season as he ended the season on-loan at Craven Cottage – helping them to promotion.

Fulham opened talks at the end of the season, but such was his form that Southampton decided they wanted to keep him and let another left-back Sam McQueen leave instead.

The west London club have looked elsewhere at the likes of Manchester City's Oleksandr Zinchenko and Ludwig Augustinsson of Werder Bremen – but those deals have proven complicated.

Now the Cottagers, who have already made a big impact in the summer transfer window landing the likes of Andre Schurrle and Jean Michael Seri, are ready to splash more cash and Southampton are now listening after Fulham raised their offer.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-fulham-return-with-improved-offer-for-southampton-star

WhiteJC

Aleksander Mitrovic Returns to Fulham
That song will keep on playing for another five years!

Photo by Clive Mason/Getty Images

So it looks like "Mitro's on Fire" will keep on blaring a little while longer. Fulham were finally able to sign Aleksander Mitrovic, the man that made Slavisa Jokanovic's 4-3-3 formation whole by racking up 12 goals in 20 appearances, has agreed to a permanent deal from Newcastle. The terms of the contract are five years with a transfer fee between £20-25 million depending on your source. It has been discussed what Mitrovic brought to the table with Fulham, but there is no denying how important of a player he was to the club. Bringing him back was certainly one of the top priorities, if not the biggest. If that's not true, it will be quite difficult explaining why he took the number nine jersey off of Rui Fonte.

That being said, questions will remain if Mitrovic can be able to produce in England's top flight. In his lone full season with Newcastle in that division in 2015/16, he went on to score nine goals on 79 shots, leading to just a 8.9% goal conversion rate. But with a combined 13 goals on 85 shots with Newcastle and Fulham in 2017/18, Mitrovic's goal conversion rate skyrocketed to 15.3%. With him back in the hands of Jokanovic and his widely acclaimed system and turning 24 in September, Mitrovic has the makings of a striker ready to hit the prime of his career. Fulham supporters around the world will hope that that is the case.

Welcome back Mitro!!!

https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2018/7/30/17630986/aleksander-mitrovic-returns-to-fulham

WhiteJC

Go for it Jokanovic – Why signing this Championship centre-back is the right move for Fulham

Why Alfie Mawson to Fulham is a good move for both parties

Swansea City defender Alfie Mawson is nearing a move to Premier League club Fulham, with talks reaching an advanced stage between the two clubs. The Cottagers entered the race to sign the centre-back on Friday after Burnley and West Ham United cooled their interest in the player.

Reports claim that Mawson could be a Fulham player as early as in the next 72 hours. Swansea wanted more than £20m for the player, who was one of their shining lights despite a poor last season for the club overall. He had a knee surgery in May, and he is still recovering that. However, he is expected to return to full fitness by the start of the new season.

Fulham have done some great business this summer, signing the likes of Andre Schurrle, Jean Michael Seri, etc. But signing Mawson will add the cherry to the cake.

Here's why the Englishman will be a good signing for the club:

Player Analysis – Alfie Mawson
Age – 24
Main Position – Centre-back

Mawson is a solid defender who has the required height physicality to dominate centre-forwards with ease. His simplistic way of defending sets the 24-year-old apart from his contemporaries.

He wins an average of 3.2 aerial duels per game, proving that he can high balls in both boxes. His ability to do so makes him a genuine threat from set-pieces. The Englishman doesn't shy away from making tackles, doing so at an average of 0.8 to stop the opposition attackers' progress.

He is also a brave defender and is always willing to step up and intercept crucial through balls that are dangerous for the team. His only weakness would be his lack of positional awareness, which can be improved as he becomes accustomed to playing in the Premier League.

Swansea's relegation to the Championship means Mawson must move out of the club to continue playing top-level football. Hence, moving to Fulham will be right for his development as a player.

Conclusion

Fulham have quality defenders at their disposal and signing Mawson will further improve that department. Manager Slavisa Jokanovic needs good backup players as the club gets ready to face bigger challenges in the Premier League.

Stats Courtesy – Who Scored.com

http://www.mediareferee.com/2018/07/30/go-for-it-jokanovic-why-signing-this-championship-centre-back-is-the-right-move-for-fulham/

WhiteJC

Alfie Mawson bid of £20m from Fulham accepted by Swansea

Fulham and Swansea City have agreed a fee in the region of £20m for defender Alfie Mawson, according to Sky sources.

The London side will pay £15m up-front for the centre-half, with another £5m potentially due in add-ons.

Mawosn, 24, is scheduled to undergo a medical and discuss personal terms with Fulham on Tuesday.

Fulham appear to have beaten competition from fellow Premier League sides Burnley and West Ham United for Mawson's signature.

He played in every Premier League game for Swansea last season, but was unable to help save them from relegation.

Mawson has made six appearances for the England U21 side, and was on the bench for the senior team in friendlies against the Netherlands and Italy in March.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11065/11454748/alfie-mawson-bid-of-20m-from-fulham-accepted-by-swansea

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic: I didn't even talk to other interested clubs, my heart wanted Fulham

Home is where the heart is | Mitrovic is delighted to be back at Fulham ( Getty Images )

Aleksandar Mitrovic has revealed he didn't even speak to potential suitors such was his desire to return to Fulham after his successful loan spell last season.

Mitrovic got his wish on Monday when he completed a long-awaited £20million permanent switch from Newcastle to Fulham, signing a five-year deal at Craven Cottage.

The Serbian striker scored 12 goals during his spell with Slavisa Jokanovic's side during the second half of the 2017-18 campaign, helping to fire Fulham to the promised land of the Premier League.

Mitrovic swiftly became a beloved figure among Fulham supporters and he is eager to repay their faith in the Premier League.

"I told my agent, my brother, my family that this is the only club I want to join," Mitrovic said. "We didn't even talk. Especially after the World Cup a few clubs were interested but my heart wanted to come here and to continue where we stopped.

"I didn't talk to the other clubs. I know that I want to be here.

"Thanks to Fulham and their fans, the people who work in the club to make this come true. They were really passionate.

"It was not easy but in the end we did it and I'm here. We're happy now."

Mitrovic has just returned from his holiday after playing for Serbia at the World Cup, whilst Fulham have only two more pre-season friendlies before their Premier League campaign kicks off against Crystal Palace on Saturday August 11.

The Cottagers have made a raft of high-profile additions to their side but have also retained key first-teasers such as Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon, meaning Mitrovic will be able to settle back in immediately.

"When I came here I fitted into the club like I'd been here lots of years," Mitrovic said. "Now I have a feeling like I'm home.

"I don't need time to settle in, I just want to play football and try to make big things with this amazing club."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/aleksandar-mitrovic-i-didnt-even-talk-to-other-interested-clubs-my-heart-wanted-fulham-a3899881.html

WhiteJC

Newcastle, Fulham battling for £8m World Cup defender

Newcastle have been alerted to the availability of Argentina left-back Nicolas Tagliafico, according to reports.

Tagliafico is ready to leave Ajax after just five months, with Newcastle and Fulham lining up bids for the 25-year-old, according to The Sun.

And the player, who has been compared to Argentina legend Javier Zanetti, could be available for just £8m this summer, with the pair battling with Wolfsburg and Schalke for his signature.

The former Independiente man made 15 appearances for Ajax since moving to the Eredivisie in January, scoring once. He featured in all of Argentina's games at the World Cup, where they were knocked out in the Round of 16 by eventual champions France.

Ajax have brought in Manchester United's Daley Blind this summer, which could push Tagliafico down the pecking order. Hence, the player is ready for a new challenge.

Newcastle have already signed Swiss World Cup defender Fabian Schar, Ki Sung-Yueng and Martin Dubravka, as well as renewing their Kenedy loan, whilst Japanese striker Yoshinori Muto is set to be the next addition.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/newcastle-fulham-battling-for-8m-world-cup-defender