https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (09/08/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 09, 2018, 06:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham's Marcus Bettinelli proud to emulate Mark Schwarzer

Marcus Bettinelli won promotion with Fulham

Marcus Bettinelli never thought he would emulate his idol Mark Schwarzer, but the Fulham goalkeeper will play Premier League football in front of the stands he used to watch from as a child.

The 26-year-old helped Fulham win promotion from the Championship last season and is set to start in their Premier League opener against Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Bettinelli remembers watching games at Craven Cottage with his father and then with Fulham academy team-mates and believes it is one of the best places to play football.

"When I was growing up and coming through the academy, Mark Schwarzer was No 1 at the time and he was the guy that I came here to watch and model myself off," Bettinelli told Sky Sports News.

"He's a great guy off the pitch as well, he used to give me a lot of advice.

Mark Schwarzer playing for Fulham at Craven Cottage

"To come here to such a special stadium like this and sit in this stand, I don't know how many there are like this, so traditional and old school, but it's got a fantastic vibe to it.

"When I used to sit up there, I never used to think 'one day I'll play on this pitch in front of a full crowd', I never thought I would.

"I used to say it was my goal, but I never honestly thought I would."

Bettinelli earned plaudits for his performances in Fulham's promotion push during a 23-game unbeaten run.

He said they need to maintain the same mentality if Fulham are to ensure Premier League survival, something the goalkeeper is desperate to achieve.

"The side that we were and that we are now is a completely different picture to what we were last season and two seasons ago," he said.

"There were a lot of question marks over us defensively and this 'Fulham-ish' tag that a lot of people carried with us. Last season we completely erased that.

"It's just something now I don't want to have for just one season and one season only, it's something I want to keep.

"We can't rest there as a club and say we've finished and we've done it because our journey is now only just starting."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11465302/fulhams-marcus-bettinelli-proud-to-emulate-mark-schwarzer

WhiteJC

Mirror say Whites and Palace are chasing Ayew deal

The Daily Mirror say Fulham are competing with Crystal Palace for the signing of Jordan Ayew and that the forward has failed to report for training at Swansea in an attempt to force a move.

West London Sport revealed two months ago that Fulham wanted Ayew and Calum Chambers, who completed his loan move from Arsenal on Tuesday.

By West London Sport 08/08/2018

A look at some of the stories in Wednesday's newspapers...

The Daily Mirror say Fulham are competing with Crystal Palace for the signing of Jordan Ayew and that the forward has failed to report for training at Swansea in an attempt to force a move.

West London Sport revealed two months ago that Fulham wanted Ayew and Calum Chambers, who completed his loan move from Arsenal on Tuesday.

The Mirror quotes Swansea boss Graham Potter as saying: "Jordan has not been here, so that tells you he is not part of what we are trying to do by his own actions.

"It's really whether we can get a good enough deal for the club, otherwise it's going to be an interesting time for him. We know the situation and we are trying to find a solution."

Fulham have offered £8m for Celta Vigo right-back for Hugo Mallo, according to The Times.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-fulham-crystal-palace-swansea-city-jordan-ayew

WhiteJC

Palace defender: Fulham are in the Premier League for a reason and we won't take them lightly

Eagles defender insists Fulham will not be an easy game for the season opener

Joel Ward says Crystal Palace will not be taking Fulham lightly when the two sides meet at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

The Eagles make the short trip to west London for their opening game of the new Premier League season, with the two sides set to do battle at Craven Cottage in a London derby.

It will be Fulham's first game in the top flight for four years, and coincidentally will be against the team they last faced in the Premier League back in May 2014.

But Ward insists that facing a newly-promoted side on the opening day will be far from easy for Palace, who found that out last season when they lost 3-0 at home to Huddersfield Town on the opening day.

And the Palace defender says the Eagles will be doing all they can to avoid a repeat this time around.

"I think Fulham showed their quality last season in the Championship and I am sure they will show their quality this season as well," he said.

Aleksandar Mitrovic has joined Fulham on a permanent basis. Photo: Marc Atkins/Getty Images (Image: Marc Atkins/Getty Images)

"It won't be an easy game. They are in the Premier League for a reason and you can never take that lightly."

Palace boss Roy Hodgson has also warned of the "severe test" his side will face at Craven Cottage - a stadium he knows well from his time as Fulham boss.

And he says his players must be prepared for a tough test against Slavisa Jokanovic's side, who have invested well this summer after beating Aston Villa in the play-off final back in May.

https://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/fixtures-results/palace-defender-fulham-premier-league-15001732

WhiteJC

Arsenal defender Chambers explains surprise Fulham move

Calum Chambers said he was "really excited" to join Fulham after arriving on a season-long loan deal from Arsenal.

The 23-year-old leaves the Gunners to join the newly-promoted Premier League side where he could link up in central defence with former England Under-21 team-mate Alfie Mawson.

Chambers told fulhamfc.com: "I watched a lot of Fulham last season, I really like the way they play football, there's a good manager, it's a great club, so I'm really excited for the season ahead.

"Everyone can see that Fulham's a club that likes to play football, play football from the back, through the lines. That's the style of football I like as well, so I think it fits me and suits the way I play."

Fulham, managed by Slavisa Jokanovic, have been active in the transfer market since they secured a Premier League return via the play-offs, bringing in Mawson from Swansea plus Jean Michael Seri, Maxime Le Marchand, Fabri and Andre Schurrle.

Mawson and Chambers paired up for England at the European Under-21 Championships in 2017, while the move to Craven Cottage could also re-ignite a senior England career for Chambers.

Chambers won three England caps in the space of two months in 2014 but has been out of the international picture during Gareth Southgate's time as manager.

Southgate knows all about Chambers, however, from his time as England Under-21 boss.

Fulham director of football operations Tony Khan added: "Calum is a versatile defender with Premier League experience, and the combination of his strong data profile and the positive reports from our scouting department confirm that he's a tremendous talent."

https://www.football365.com/news/arsenal-defender-chambers-explains-surprise-fulham-move

WhiteJC

Fulham have submitted €10m bid, player pondering, contract extension could keep him

Fulham are interested in signing Celta Vigo defender Hugo Mallo, if claims in Spain are to be believed.

Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo reports the newly promoted Premier League club have already made an offer for the player.

The defender has three years left on his contract at Abanca-Balaídos and Slaviša Jokanovic's side have already submitted a bid of €10m for the Spaniard. The report doesn't mention if the La Liga outfit accepted the English club's offer for the 27-year-old.

Mundo Deportivo claims only a contract extension with the 'consequent economic improvement' will convince Mallo to continue with Antonio Mohamed's side. If they decide against offering him a new deal, it would likely improve Fulham 's chances of securing his services.

The Cottagers have already seen their right-back Ryan Fredericks join West Ham United earlier in the transfer window. They have Cyrus Christiea as the recognised right-back in the squad, while Calum Chambers, who joined Fulham on loan from Arsenal, can also play in that position.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-submitted-e10m-bid-player-pondering-contract-extension-keep/

WhiteJC

Manchester City Tickets

Fulham travel to the Etihad Stadium to take on Premier League champions Manchester City on Saturday 15th September.

Tickets for this fixture will go on sale from 10am, Thursday 9th August.

On sale dates will be staggered via Loyalty Points, culminating with all Season Ticket Holders and Members being able to purchase - subject to availability - from Monday 18th August.

Supporters are advised to check the full on-sale schedule with Loyalty Points information below.

On Sale DateOn Sale Group
10am, Thursday 9th August    Season Ticket Holders & Members with 700+ points (1 per person)
10am, Friday 10th August    Season Ticket Holders & Members with 600+ points (1 per person)
10am, Monday 13th August     Season Ticket Holders & Members with 500+ points (1 per person)
10am, Tuesday 14th August    Season Ticket Holders & Members with 400+ points (1 per person)
10am, Wednesday 15th August    Season Ticket Holders & Members with 300+ points (1 per person)
10am, Thursday 16th August    Season Ticket Holders & Members with 200+ points (1 per person)
10am, Friday 17th August    Season Ticket Holders & Members with 100+ points (1 per person)
10am, Monday 20th August    All Season Ticket Holders & Members (1 per person)

Tickets for the match are priced at £30 for adults, £23 for over 65s & under 22s and just  £18 for Under 18s.
Fans will be able to purchase tickets online, by telephone on 0203 871 0810 (opt 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/august/08/man-city-away-tickets

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham make £9m bid for Celta Vigo captain Hugo Mallo

The underrated Hugo Mallo could potentially move to the Premier League with Fulham after nine years in La Liga with Celta Vigo.

The common consensus is that Fulham have aced the transfer window so far. But it must be pointed out that they have not yet signed a right-back to replace the influential Ryan Fredericks, although Arsenal loanee Callum Chambers can fill in if required.

Although it seems that the Cottagers are looking for a more natural option before the window slams shut. And, according to Marca, Fulham want Celta Vigo's Hugo Mallo and have offered £9 million to bring him to Craven Cottage.

The 27-year-old is a real fans favourite at the Balaidos, making 301 appearances for Celta since his debut almost a decade ago.

But the former Spain U21 international could be at the perfect time to try his hand abroad after a number of excellent seasons in Galicia.

Mallo is one of the more underrated players in Spanish football and enjoyed his best season ever in terms of assists in 2017/18, setting up five in 34 La Liga appearances. Aggressive and attack-minded, he has the talent to fill the void left by Fredericks' free transfer to West Ham.

Mallo is not the only Celta player who could move to England this week with striker Maxi Gomez linked with West Ham and Slanislav Lobotka tipped to join Tottenham.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/08/do-report-fulham-make-9m-bid-for-celta-vigo-captain-hugo-mallo/

WhiteJC

Max Meyer forced to wait for Crystal Palace debut due to fitness concerns

New Crystal Palace signing Max Meyer is unlikely to be fit for the start of the new season.

The German midfielder joined Palace last week but he is still in the early stages of his pre-season training and he is not set to play in their opener against Fulham on Saturday.

Meyer was a free agent after he left Schalke at the end of last season and he did not train with a club over the summer.

The 22-year-old took part his first training session with Palace last Friday but he was not involved in their pre-season friendly win over Toulouse last Saturday and he is still building up his fitness.

His progress is being monitored closely by Palace but it is thought the game against Fulham at Craven Cottage will come too soon for him.

Cheikhou Kouyate, another summer signing at Palace, is pushing to be fit for the start of the season following his £10million move from West Ham.

The midfielder admitted last week that he did not know if he would be ready to face Fulham after he had an extended summer break after captaining Senegal at the World Cup.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/max-meyer-forced-to-wait-for-crystal-palace-debut-due-to-fitness-concerns-a3906396.html

WhiteJC

Arsenal head coach Unai Emery explains decision to loan Calum Chambers to Fulham

Unai Emery believes Calum Chambers requires a season of regular first team football if he is to realise his potential at Arsenal.

The England international signed a new long-term contract last month amid reports that Arsene Wenger's successor had earmarked him to play a significant role in the first team this season.

After investing heavily in a major summer overhaul, however, which has seen the likes of Stephan Lichtsteiner, Bernd Leno and Sokratis Papastathopoulos join, Emery has sanctioned Chambers' temporary departure.

Explaining his decision, Emery said: 'Calum is a talented defender who has a bright future.

'We all believe this loan at Fulham will be an important part of his development and wish him a successful season.'

Arsenal are now expected to press ahead with their attempts to sign Croatia World Cup star Domagoj Vida from Beskitas, whose president Fikret Orman is currently in London negotiating a deal.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/08/arsenal-head-coach-unai-emery-explains-decision-loan-calum-chambers-fulham-7813348/

WhiteJC

Exclusive: London club table £14m bid for Southampton player

Fulham have made an improved £14million bid for Southampton defender Matt Targett, Football Insider sources understands.

Fulham have seen several offers rejected for Targett already this summer as they look to bring the defender back to Craven Cottage.

Targett enjoyed a successful spell at Fulham last season, helping them win promotion to the Premier League with a number of impressive displays at left-back.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has made Targett one of his top priorities this summer as he looks to strengthen his squad for the challenge of the Premier League.

The West London side have now substantially improved their offer to £14million as they look to persuade Southampton to sell the 22-year-old.

Southampton are reluctant to sell Targett, but they are considering cashing in on the left-back to maybe fund some of their own transfer plans before the close of the transfer window.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-london-club-table-14m-bid-for-southampton-player/

WhiteJC

Report: Crystal Palace and Fulham battling for £12m Jordan Ayew

Swansea City striker Jordan Ayew is still a Premier League target with Crystal Palace and Fulham reportedly keen before the transfer window shuts.

Jordan Ayew has been relegated three times in the last six years with Sochaux, Aston Villa and Swansea City.

But it seems that Crystal Palace and Fulham are willing to overlook this worrying omen as they aim to beef up their attacking ranks before Thursday's transfer deadline.

According to the Mirror, the London clubs are going head-to-head to sign the Ghanaian international, who has allegedly gone AWOL from Swansea in an attempt to force a move back to the Premier League.

The South Wales side want £12 million for a player who scored 11 goals last season.

Sky Sports reported in June that Fulham had an £8 million bid rejected for Ayew, while Crystal Palace's attempts to land him in a swap deal with Jairo Riedewald fell through when the Dutchman rejected a move to the Liberty Stadium, according to the Sun (2 August, page 51).

So it is clear that Fulham and Palace must now increase their offers and meet Swansea's asking price if they want to bring Ayew to either Craven Cottage or Selhurst Park.

A quick and versatile attacker, he would give the clubs some extra options in attack as they aim to secure Premier League survival next season.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/08/do-report-crystal-palace-and-fulham-battling-for-12m-jordan-ayew/

WhiteJC

Fulham in talks to sign Serie B left back, need to increase offer for Norway international

According to a claim in the Italian media, Fulham are looking to sign Palermo defender Haitam Aleesami before tomorrow's transfer deadline.

It's been well documented Fulham want to strengthen in their fullback areas, and it seems the Norwegian left back is a possibility for the West London club.

Gazzetta dello Sport today report on Palermo's transfer activity and they say Fulham are in talks with the Serie B side with regards to signing Aleesami.

It's claimed the Premier League side have already offered €1.5m, but Palermo are looking for €3m. It's expected negotiations will continue, with the possibility a deal could be done before the English transfer window closes.

Aleesami signed for Palermo in 2016 and has played over sixty league games for the Sicilian club. However, with Palermo failing to get promotion back to Serie A last season he could look to move on.

The 27 year old has been capped 16 times by his country.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-talks-sign-serie-b-left-back-need-increase-offer-norway-international/

WhiteJC

'Jean-Michael Seri reminds me of Clarence Seedorf' - The bold claim that will excite Fulham fans

Jean-Michael Seri signed for Fulham despite being linked with Chelsea and is a statement of intent from Fulham this season

The signing of Jean-Michael Seri showed Fulham's ambition for this season - and former boss Rene Meulensteen is reminded of Clarence Seedorf by the Ivory Coast man.

Seedorf, who has been named as the manager of the Cameroon national team, is regarded as one of the best midfielders of his generation having won the Champions League four times with three different clubs during his spells at Ajax, Real Madrid and AC Milan.

And countryman Meulensteen, who managed Fulham for a few months in 2013/14, has compared the side's new signing, Seri, to the former Milan midfielder - claiming they've got an 'absolute steal'.

Seri was linked to some big clubs in the transfer window, with west London neighbours Chelsea heavily linked, while a move to Barcelona last season fell through at the last minute and has been described as the Ivory Coast's Xavi in the past.

It's an extremely exciting signing for all those involved in Fulham as they prepare for their first Premier League season in four years, and Meulensteen believes the way the club have gone about the summer has been brilliant.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, Meulensteen said: "I tell you what, Jean-Michael Seri, an absolute steal, in my opinion. He is a top six, if not a top three player.

Jean Michael Seri of Fulham (Image: Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

"He reminds me of Clarence Seedorf – he's got that guile and moves the ball – and Fulham's got him. Fantastic.

"[Slavisa] Jokanovic has been brilliant. What he's done – he's gone in and said, 'Listen if you want to stay in here [the Premier League], we need to make sure we're covered in all positions and you're going to give us the best possible chance'.

"But looking at what they've spent and to bring Schurrle in as well and now Chambers on loan, they've got some good players already, play some good football, so yeah, looking forward to it."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/jean-michael-seri-reminds-clarence-15003093

WhiteJC

New Role For Davies

While Saturday afternoon at Craven Cottage marks a new era at Fulham Football Club, there will also be an air of nostalgia around the place.

Roy Hodgson and Ray Lewington will be in the away dugout, Brede Hangeland will be on the gantry doing commentary for TV2, and another Whites legend will also be present.

This season sees Simon Davies take on a role as matchday host in our hospitality lounges, starting in the Super Box for the Crystal Palace game, where he will be catching up with supporters on everything from the Great Escape to scoring in the UEFA Europa League Final.

For Simon, he's relishing the opportunity to get back in amongst it at the Club where he spent six-and-a-half largely successful years.

"I'm looking forward to it," he told fulhamfc.com. "I always enjoyed a good relationship with the Fulham fans so it's going to be nice to catch up and share some stories with them.

"I kind of left a bit under the radar and never came back really which was sad for me personally, but that was just the way it worked out.

"I was injured for the majority of the last season I was there, then retired and just sort of walked away from it.

"But the memories I have from my time at Fulham are really special to me and it's nice to be back involved now, it really is.

"I had such good times at Fulham that it's nice to have links to the Club again. I came to the Cottage for the Sunderland game towards the end of last season and it was great to be back for that."

Davies' best years with the Whites came under the stewardship of Hodgson.

He won the Club's Player of the Season award in 2007/08, helped the team to a highest ever league finish of seventh the following term, before scoring in both the Semi-Final and Final of the Europa League in 2010.

Unsurprisingly, the former winger is keen to catch up with his old boss at the weekend.

"I was speaking to my mum and dad about it the other day actually," he said. "I'm going to make a point, if I can, to go over and say hello to him.

"It would be nice to get over to the Cottage and see him and Ray Lewington again – it would be great.

"The last time I saw Roy was the morning after the Europa League Final. He said 'see you next season' but obviously things can move very fast in football and next thing we know he's off to Liverpool!

"So I'm going to make a point of trying to see him on Saturday as it would be great to catch up.

"Hopefully I can see Brede as well. He's a great guy who I got on very well with when we were at the Club together, so it would be fantastic to see him."

Don't miss the chance to bend Simon's ear about his memorable stint in SW6!

Priced at £269 (+VAT) per person, your Super Box ticket will include fully inclusive beers, wine and soft drinks throughout the day, a hot and cold buffet, balcony seating, and more.
For further information, or to book, call 020 8336 7555 or email [email protected].

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/august/08/new-role-for-simon-davies

WhiteJC

18/19 Kits Released

Get ready for the start of Fulham's Premier League campaign and pick up your 18/19 Home Kit today!

Be sure to wear your colours this weekend and help create a wall of white, purchase before 3pm on Wednesday 8th August online and choose Express Delivery to have your strip delivered in time for our season-opener against Crystal Palace!

An original strip reborn, the Home Kit takes inspiration from the Club's strips from the late 1990s period, with a black perforated colour bar featured across the front of the shirt.

With junior and adults strips available to purchase online and instore now, why not complete the look and mark the Whites' return to the top flight, with Premier League patches also available to purchase for an additional £8.

Come On You Whites!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/august/08/2018-19-home-kit

WhiteJC

Lydia's Premier League Preview

It feels very good getting to write a Premier League Preview this season, am I right? As much as I will miss the unpredictability and drama of the Championship (just take last nights game between Nottingham Forest and West Brom as an example of the dramatic) it is so exciting to be once again competing against some of the Worlds best.

I was planning on putting this piece up after the transfer window slams shut tomorrow evening but work commitments have gotten in the way of my Fulham recreation so you'll have to make do with my preview being incomplete in terms of transfers.

Premier League Champions 2018/19 – Manchester City
For the second season in a row I just can't look past Manchester City as the overall winners, but I do think their competition will be closer this year. With the remarkable money that Liverpool have spent they really have to challenge this year and if they can keep Salah fit and allow the new boys to adapt then they could do some damage. However, I still think that City have the better squad and under Pep they are unplayable at times. Last year they weren't challenged so it will be interesting to see if they can handle a title threat, but with the way they just kept blowing teams out of the water I just can't see anyone taking the trophy off them.

Most Improved – West Ham United
After an awful season where they nearly dropped down to the Championship and had fan protest on the pitch as well as off it, the Hammers and heavily invested in their squad. Pellegrini is a good manager and they have backed him wisely. They finished 13th last season, but if things go well with the squad they now have I reckon they could be in Burnley's position from last season.

Biggest Loser – Burnley and Newcastle United
What I mean by this is the team who drops the most places from last season. It's really a toss up between Newcastle United and Burnley, but for different reasons.

Burnley will be safe from relegation, but often when a team plays in Europe for the first time their league form suffers so I can see them dropping as many as five places from 7th to 12th. Losing Nick Pope to injury was a blow and it's now down to Joe Hart, who has had a rough few years, to fill the gap. Ben Gibson was a bit of a strange signing and won't massively improve them while Matej Vydra could prove to be a shrewd piece of business if he can find the net even nearly as frequently as he did in the Championship. Smallish squad, possible European commitments and the fact that they overachieved last season means that they will drop places, but will still be comfortably safe.

Newcastle, on the other hand, could be in for a torrid season and I fully expect them to be in a relegation battle. There are worse squads out there so I'm not backing them for relegation but this could change if Benitez decides that enough is enough. I feel for Newcastle fans, as they have the size and stature of a club that could be real heavyweights, but their owner seems to have no desire to improve the squad leading to frustration on and off the pitch.

Relegation looming – Cardiff, Huddersfield and Brighton
Second season syndrome for both Huddersfield and Brighton, while Cardiff could go straight back down. I think it will be a real scrap with a lot of teams in the mix come May which could make for an absorbing, but at times stressful, battle. Watford have lost Richarlison but his replacement in Deulofeu was a decent piece of business. Crystal Palace have brought in Max Meyer and Cheikhou Kouyate so I feel that they will have enough to avoid the drop. Wolves and ourselves, despite having brilliant windows, could be brought back down to earth when up against better opposition. Both sides should stay up, but it isn't going to be plain sailing.

I just don't think Brighton or Huddersfield have done enough in the tranfser window to really improve from last year while others have. Brighton may have brought in plenty of faces, but we know that it is about quality rather than quantity and none of the signings really stand out in comparison to other clubs who could be in the mix. Cardiff have brought in four players who I would be thrilled with if I was building a team for promotion from the Championship rather than Premier League survival. They should be tough to beat, but I don't think that's enough.

And what about Fulham?
Finally Premier League football returns to the banks of the Thames and Fulham have thankfully invested in their squad as well as keeping Cairney, Sess and Mitro away from prying eyes. Slav seems to be reasonably happy despite not having cover for the defensive midfield position- and 'reasonably happy' is likely the best that we can hope for from the moody Serb. The signings of Schurrle and Seri in particular seem to have shown Fulham desire to stay in this division for a long time, while bringing in Mawson and Chambers should improve one of the weaker aspects of our squad. I'm absolutely buzzing to see Ryan Sessegnon finally grace the Premier League and fully back him to make an impact.

We have to be realistic though. Our first target will be getting points on the board early to help us along to the goal of survival. Without a doubt there will be more losses than last year and we won't have the same levels of possession as we became accustomed to throughout our stint in the Championship. But I do think that we have plenty of reasons to be confident and I expect us to be safe- at least- come May.

Bring it on.

#COYW

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/08/lydias-premier-league-preview-2/

WhiteJC

Fulham's best and worst deadline day scenarios: Targett returns while further depth is added

The transfer window closes on Thursday - we've taken a look at the best and worst case scenarios for Fulham

This summer transfer window has been one that Fulham fans will remember for a long time.

After a slow start, the club's recruitment department, led by Tony Khan, have added eight new faces to the side so far, with the captures of Jean-Michael Seri and Andre Schurrle just two of the new men that have turned heads.

Aleksandar Mitrovic has returned from Newcastle United, while the defence has been strengthened with the signings of Alfie Mawson and Calum Chambers, while Maxime Le Marchand has come in from Nice.

But as well as incomings, there have been little in the way out of outgoings.

Tom Cairney signed a new deal, as did Tim Ream and Kevin McDonald, while talks continue over Ryan Sessegnon and Slavisa Jokanovic's contracts.

Add all that together, and you've got a strong side for the Premier League this season, but there is still work to be done at Motspur Park ahead of the Thursday August 9 5pm deadline.

We've taken a look at what the worst and best case scenarios could be for Fulham ahead of Thursday's deadline.

We'll start with the unlikely worst case one.

Image: Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

Worst case scenario

In short - no new signings come in.

Slavisa Jokanovic pressed home the need for strength in depth after Fulham's final pre-season game against Celta Vigo, saying they needed cover for Mitrovic up front and a left back.

In a worst case scenario for Fulham, none of this much-needed depth will be signed on the final day for one reason or another.

(Image: Steve Bardens/Getty Images)

McDonald has stressed the need for depth too, saying that the club need two players in each position, while it's his position of that holding midfield role that is in itself one of the areas that needs reinforcements ahead of the deadline.

A usual worst case scenario would be one of the key players leaving, but if we are being realistic, I can't see anyway that will happen on deadline day, so there's no point in including an outgoing player in here.

The club still needs a new left back desperately, while cover in the midfield and up front wouldn't go amiss either.

A worst case deadline day will see none of these come in, and the day will finish with no Twitter message from Tony Khan on transfers.

Best case scenario

Matt Targett signs on the dotted line at 9am on Thursday morning, solving both the left back problem and a day of 'will he, won't he' amongst fans on social media.

Out of all the full backs Fulham have been linked with, I still think Targett is the best fit for the side - he knows the system from last season, he fitted in well with the team and has shown the quality he possesses down the flank with Sessegnon in front of him.

(Image: Catherine Ivill/Getty Images)

Elsewhere, a striker is also signed to add depth to the options Jokanovic has available to him heading into the new season, meaning when plan A, which is to use Mitrovic as the focal point, isn't work, the head coach can turn to plan B to try get Fulham through some difficult spots - which will happen in the Premier League.

A new central midfielder walks through the reception door at Motspur Park at midday to sign for Fulham, while McDonald wipes nervous sweat from his forehead knowing he will have help in that position and won't be expected to try and dominate the likes of Eden Hazard, Wilfried Zaha and Kevin Du Bruyne all by himself this season.

As the clock heads towards 5pm, a surprise signing also springs up as Fulham announce a right back to provide competition to Cyrus Christie in that slot, which is looking a bit short if we assume that Steven Sessegnon and Marlon Fossey aren't ready for the top flight just yet.

The day ends with a stirring message from Tony Khan on Twitter on the business done this summer while looking forward to the start of the new season on Saturday against Crystal Palace, ending in the usual fashion of 'Come on Fulham!'

Jokanovic, meanwhile, walks into Friday's press conference with a large smile on his face and sings the praises of the business done in the window while stating he is now looking forward to the job of guiding Fulham through their first Premier League season in four years.

Fulham then beat Palace 4-0 with Mitrovic scoring a brace, Seri banging a screamer and Chambers scoring from a corner.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-deadline-day-best-worst-15003528

WhiteJC

Fulham Looking to Bring a Second Swansea Player To Craven Cottage Before Transfer Window Closes

The hinges on the summer transfer window are starting to creak, in a matter of hours it will slam shut.

As is the norm at this time of the year, we're expecting a plethora of wheeling and dealing to take place as clubs fight to make the last adjustments to their squads.

Here at Vital Fulham, we've watched on as our club has fared remarkably well in the window, bringing in seven signings that should serve us well in our return to the Premier League.

But, with the window so close to slamming shut, can we expect any more deals to be completed?

Well, according to the popular tabloid publication, the Mirror, Fulham are taking a keen interest in bringing the Swansea City striker, Jordan Ayew, to West London.

Ayew, 26-years-of-age, is currently in some sort of stand-off with Swansea and is refusing to train until he gets a move.

However, Fulham are not the only Premier League club interested in the player with our source suggesting Roy Hodgson, over at Crystal Palace, is also interested in acquiring the services of the striker.

Now whether Jordan Ayew has aspirations of joining his former team-mate, Alfie Mawson, at Craven Cottage, only time will tell but any potential acquisition of the player could give our striking options some added depth which can only be beneficial when there is a long competitive season ahead of us. Although we should point out we're not impressed with his current stance of refusing to train with the Championship side.

Here at Vital Fulham we'll keep a watchful eye out for any developments and report back as deemed necessary.

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/fulham-looking-to-bring-a-second-swansea-player-to-craven-cottage-before-transfer-window-closes/

WhiteJC

Tottenham Failed With Bid For Fulham Talent Despite Throwing Danny Rose Into Mix

Tottenham Hotspur offered to send Danny Rose to Fulham as part of a deal to sign Ryan Sessegnon earlier in the summer, but no agreement was reached.

The 18-year-old left-back-cum-left-winger is considered one of the brightest young talents in English football and played a marquee role in helping Fulham return to the Premier League.

Despite his tender years, he has 82 appearances for Fulham under his belt and has attracted the interest of clubs such as Manchester United and Tottenham.

And according to the BBC, Tottenham made a concrete move to land the young star earlier this summer, but couldn't agree a deal with the newly promoted Premier League outfit.

It has been claimed that Tottenham tabled a bid involving Rose joining Fulham as part of a deal to sign Sessegnon several weeks ago, but two clubs did not reach an agreement.

Spurs have been keen to offload England left-back Rose all summer and unsuccessfully tried swapping him with Fulham for the teenage winger.

There are suggestions that Tottenham could make a big deadline day bid, but Fulham are confident that they won't be losing their young star this summer.

The Cottagers believe Sessegnon wants to play at least one season of top flight football with the club.

Read more: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2018/08/08/tottenham-failed-with-bid-for-fulham-talent-despite-throwing-danny-rose-into-mix/385498/#ixzz5Nai01V00

WhiteJC

EXCLUSIVE: Newcastle look to loan Liverpool star and target Wolves winger

Newcastle are hoping to bolster their attacking options further before the transfer window shuts with both Danny Ings and Ivan Cavaleiro in their sights, TEAMtalk has been told.

England international Ings has been told he can leave Liverpool by Jurgen Klopp, who is looking for around £20million for a striker who rates highly.

Southampton and Crystal Palace are keen but not at Liverpool's price – whilst Newcastle have also stepped in but again they would not get anywhere near £20m. We have learnt Rafa Benitez's side have asked Liverpool about a loan deal with a view to a permanent deal, given the player's injury record.

Newcastle, who asked Arsenal if they can take Danny Welbeck earlier this summer, are also now in for Portuguese international winger Ivan Cavaleiro.

The 24-year-old has already snubbed interest from Huddersfield this summer, whilst Fulham are also keen.

Now after Wolves snapped up Adama Traore from Middlesbrough, his future looks increasingly uncertain and Rafa Benitez would love to take him to  St James' Park.

Newcastle are willing to offer Wolves cash, which they may be tempted by as they look to make further signings themselves before Thursday's deadline.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-newcastle-look-to-loan-liverpool-star-and-target-wolves-winger