watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (10/03/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 09, 2018, 12:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham finish busy transfer deadline day with five new signings in preparation for Premier League life

The Cottagers have been busy strengthening their squad

Fulham have completed four signings on deadline day as they bolstered their squad for a first Premier League campaign since 2014.

The Cottagers signed goalkeeper Sergio Rico and forward left-back Joe Bryan on permanent deals, as well as securing Atletico Madrid forward Luciano Vietto on a season-long loan.

A club-record £30m deal for Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa was said to be completed shortly before a two hour transfer extension expired. ​Anguissa, 22, is an exciting central midfielder bought from Marseille and a Cameroon international.

Joe Bryan switched Bristol City for Fulham ((FulhamFC))

Timothy Fosu-Mensah emerged as a late target and sealed a last-minute season-long loan after being convinced to join the club by Slavisa Jokanovic. "Fulham has a lot of good players, and it's good for my development to be here. I spoke to the Manager and he gave me a good feeling."

Rico, who boasts one Spanish cap, was described by Fulham's sporting director Tony Khan as a "world class goalkeeper" and said of his move to west London "I'm very happy, really pleased to have signed for the oldest club in the Premier League. I'm excited to start training, to meet all my teammates and, above all, to enjoy the season that starts this Saturday."

Bryan, who played against the Cottagers for Bristol City last season, said: "The opportunity to play in the Premier League is one you can't turn down as you may never get it again in your lifetime.

"I'm used to playing fast attacking football, so hopefully I can slot right in."

Vietto joins on loan from Atletico Madrid looking to recapture the form that made him one of Europe's most in-demand young strikers and is still only 24.

Vietto, who has previously been on loan at Sevilla and Valencia, said, "It's an important change for me because this is my first experience here in England. I hope to do as well as possible. I'm very happy to come to the club and sign."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/fulham-transfer-news-deadline-day-sergio-rico-timothy-fosu-mensah-joe-bryan-a8485356.html

WhiteJC

Fulham in business as five arrive at Craven Cottage
Sergio Rico and Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa headed the list of new arrivals.

Fulham owner Shahid Khan opened his chequebook on transfer deadline day (Andrew Matthews/PA)

Fulham made a significant statement about their Premier League intentions on transfer deadline day, with five new signings ahead of their top-flight return.

The Cottagers had already welcomed a handful of major arrivals to the club during the window – led by Jean-Michael Seri, Andre Schurrle and Alfie Mawson – and continued to be busy as the clock ran down.

Goalkeeper Sergio Rico and midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa joined, with loan deals for Manchester United' Timothy Fosu-Mensah and Atletico Madrid's Luciano Vietto also wrapped up alongside Joe Bryan's arrival from Bristol City.

Since the end of their promotion-winning campaign Fulham have now added an entire team's worth of new talent, at an estimated cost of more than £100million.

Rico, a one-cap Spain international, was a surprise addition to the squad after agreeing a season-long loan and looks sure to be installed as the club's new number one.

Vice-chairman Tony Khan told the club website: "Sergio is a world-class goalkeeper, and thus, his services have been in great demand. He answers our mandate of making our squad the strongest and deepest it can be as we face top Premier League opposition."

Anguissa's deal still requires a work permit to be completed and was processed after the 5pm deadline – Fulham and Marseille having filed a deal sheet to allow the extra time.

The Cameroon international, who reportedly cost more than £20million, said: "I am delighted to have signed for Fulham.

"This is a new chapter in my career and one I'm really looking forward to. I hope to bring my qualities to this new project. I like a challenge and I will ensure that I give my very best to my team, the club, and the supporters."

Deal sheets were also required for Vietto, who spent last season on loan with Valencia, and Fosu-Mensah, the Red Devils defender who turned out for Crystal Palace in 2017/18.

Left-back Bryan, who had been close to signing for Aston Villa just days ago, put the finishing touches to a £6million deal and like his new employers will get the chance to prove his Premier League credentials this term.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fulham-in-business-as-five-arrive-at-craven-cottage-37201947.html

WhiteJC

West Ham attempted to hijack deal for Fulham's club record signing - report

Fulham added five more signings on the last day of the window

Fulham have had an incredible transfer window and added five more signings on transfer deadline day as they prepare for the rigours of the new Premier League season.

Sergio Rico, Joe Bryan, Luciano Vietto, Timothy Fosu-Mensah and Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa were all signed on deadline day to add to their summer spending.

Anguissa was their biggest transfer costing the west London outfit a reported club-record fee of £30million from Ligue 1 side Marseille.

The signing was announced after the club submitted a deal sheet before 5pm to complete the deal.

The defensive midfielder was delighted to join the new 'project' that is sure to be fascinating to watch as the season develops.

"I am delighted to have signed for Fulham today. This is a new chapter in my career and one I'm really looking forward to," he said.

"I hope to bring my qualities to this new project. I like a challenge and I will ensure that I give my very best to my team, the Club, and the supporters."

However, according to L'Equipe, West Ham tried to hijack the deal for the 22-year-old.

The east London club signed a defensive midfielder of their own though with the capture of Columbia midfielder Carlos Sanchez.

"I am delighted to have signed for Fulham today. This is a new chapter in my career and one I'm really looking forward to," he said.

"I hope to bring my qualities to this new project. I like a challenge and I will ensure that I give my very best to my team, the Club, and the supporters."

However, according to L'Equipe, West Ham tried to hijack the deal for the 22-year-old.

The east London club signed a defensive midfielder of their own though with the capture of Columbia midfielder Carlos Sanchez.

https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/transfer-news/west-ham-attempted-hijack-deal-15011943

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Extra: End Of The Transfer Window Special
Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

This episode is our "End Of The Transfer Window Special", as we started recording the show during the final 45 minutes of the transfer window, and then went almost an additional 45 minutes longer after the window closed shut. We began by talking about the speculation of potential signings for the club. We then discussed each player that had been signed by Fulham during the window. We followed that up by giving our season predictions for Fulham.

While we recorded this episode, the signings of Sergio Rico, and Joe Bryan became official, so you will hear commentary on these players as well. I also want to mention that the players that were later announced by the club after we stopped our recording, we did discuss each of them at the beginning of the show.

Co-hosts for this episode were Yannis Tjanetis and Reece Curtis. This is a super sized episode that I feel strongly you will enjoy.

to listen to the podcast follow the link...
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cottagetalk/2018/08/09/cottage-talk-extra-end-of-the-transfer-window-special

WhiteJC

Zambo Anguissa transferred to Fulham

The Olympique de Marseille midfielder agreed to sign with Fulham in London on Thursday.

Olympique de Marseille and Fulham FC have reached an agreement for the transfer of André-Frank Zambo Anguissa.

Arriving during the summer of 2015, the Cameroon international has played 106 games in the Olympien Blue and White. He now joins the Premier League and Fulham.

https://www.om.net/en/news/359946/zambo-anguissa-transferred-fulham

WhiteJC

Smooth operators Fulham finish remarkable summer of signings thanks to sound planning

Fulham brought in André-Frank Zambo Anguissa on deadline day from Marseille Credit: AFP

The power that winning a Championship play-off final confers on the victor was never so clear as this week when Fulham contacted Joe Bryan as the Bristol City left-back was having his medical with Aston Villa and convinced him to come to south-west London instead.

It has been a remarkable summer for newly-promoted Fulham, the Premier League's third biggest investors in the window with a net spend of close to £100 million, second only to Liverpool and Chelsea.

They have broken their transfer record on two occasions, and got close for a third final time on deadline day when they paid Marseille £22.5 million for the 22-year-old midfielder André Frank Zambo Anguissa.

The plan started the day they beat Villa in the play-off final, orchestrated by their vice-chairman Tony Khan, son of the owner Shahid, the billionaire who also wants to buy Wembley Stadium.

The Khans had been planning for both outcomes on that day on May 26, but since winning promotion, the club have been bold in their pursuit of surviving their first Premier League season in four years.

Fulham have brought in 12 players after winning promotion from the Championship Credit: AFP

Bryan joined on deadline day on a permanent deal after Southampton had first turned down an offer of £15 million from Fulham for their former loanee Matt Targett. Fulham immediately set their sights on Bryan, another identified by the club's recruitment department. It would be fair to say that part of the club has not always been plain sailing at Fulham but now the structure is overseen by Tony Khan, in his role as director of football operations.

His assistants are Brian Talbot, the chief scout, and James Lovell, the club's chief data analyst, while the experienced chief executive Alistair Mackintosh get the deals done. The manager Slavisa Jokanovic, who railed against Lovell's predecessor Craig Kline, is also now part of a much smoother operation.

There were five signings alone on the final day including Bryan, Zambo Anguissa and Timothy Fosu-Mensah from Manchester United. There were also the incoming loanees Sergio Rico, the Seville goalkeeper and the Atletico Madrid striker, Argentine Luciano Vietto. Anguissa is expected to form a powerful midfield trio with new signing Jean-Michael Seri and captain Tom Cairney.               

"We knew we had to make a serious investment with the squad to be the strong Premier League team we aspired to be," said Tony Khan, speaking to Telegraph Sport. "Five minutes after we won the play-off final I grabbed Alistair and we started sketching out the summer. We had a lot of planning going into the final with two scenarios."

Fulham vice chairman and director of football operations Tony Khan kept hold of Ryan Sessegnon Credit: PA

They have signed 12 players, four of them, including Andre Schurrle and Calum Chambers, on loan. In their promotion season they worked more frugally with six loans crucial to the club's 23-game unbeaten run and while one of them, Aleksandar Mitrovic, has been converted into a £20 million signing, the likes of Targett, Tomas Kalas and Lucas Piazon had to be replaced. To do so, Shahid has authorised a level of spending that the club had not seen before under his ownership.

Tony Khan has his own sports data analytics company TruMedia Networks and he has played a key role in the recruitment, dividing his time between London and Florida where he also works with his father's NFL franchise Jacksonville Jaguars. He has been unequivocal that teenager star Ryan Sessegnon would stay at the club. The reality is that the club have not had anything like the kind of offer that might have changed their minds.

The newly-signed England international Alfie Mawson will miss the start of the season with injury as will goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli, hence the signing of Rico and earlier, the Spanish goalkeeper Fabri from Besiktas.

It is expected that Shahid will be at the first game against Crystal Palace at Craven Cottage on Saturday to see the fruit of his investment and his son's work. "This is what we wanted for a long time," Tony Khan said. This has been our vision for Fulham. It has come together quite nicely. We still have to get the results but we have done as good as job as we could.

"What my dad has excelled at, in business and in sport, has been hiring the best people. He will get it right eventually even if he doesn't the first time. It has been a learning process for him too. He was new to sport with the Fulham and with the Jaguars. He had to assess what was working and he wanted to make changes. He has been very supportive of me and we have worked hard to repay his faith."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/09/smooth-operators-fulham-finish-remarkable-summer-signings-thanks/

WhiteJC

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Inbetweeners star Joe Thomas on opening weekend

The Premier League is back, but who will enjoy a fast start to the season, and who will suffer the pain of a defeat on the opening weekend?

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson has made his predictions for the first 10 games of the new campaign, which include Manchester United hosting Leicester on Friday night, newly-promoted Wolves against Everton on Saturday and champions Manchester City's trip to Arsenal on Sunday.

Lawro is making predictions for all 380 top-flight matches this season, against a variety of guests.

His first guest for the 2018-19 campaign is actor Joe Thomas.

The former star of 'The Inbetweeners' is in a new film called 'The Festival' - and is also looking forward to seeing how Tottenham fare in the forthcoming campaign.

"My favourite times as a Spurs fan were the Paul Gascoigne and Gary Lineker era of the early 1990s, but this is a good time too," Thomas said.

"We have quite a few England players and I think expectations are going to be quite high for the likes of Kieran Trippier and Harry Kane to follow up what they did at the World Cup.

"The first target is the top four but then we will see what happens beyond that.

"There is a lot of excitement around the new stadium because there is a sense that, once we move in, things are going to be a bit more settled."

You can hear more from Thomas on Football Focus at 12:00 BST on Saturday on BBC One and the BBC Sport website.

Lawro   Joe
Fulham v Crystal Palace    2-1     1-1

Fulham v Crystal Palace

Keeping hold of c was massive for Crystal Palace because he makes such a difference to their team.

It is going to be interesting to see how new Eagles midfielder Max Meyer gets on in the Premier League too, after his arrival from Schalke.

Fulham have signed a lot of players following their promotion so I am not sure what to expect from them.

But it is sure to be a good atmosphere at their first game back in the top flight since 2014, and I am backing them to start with a win.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Joe's prediction: This one is hard to call but it is obviously one that Fulham will be targeting, as a newly-promoted team at home on the opening day. 1-1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45010790

WhiteJC

Fulham complete £30m deal for Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa to end deadline day with five new signings

Fulham bring summer spending spree to an end for addition of Marseille star
    Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa becomes tenth summer signing at Craven Cottage
    The Cameroon international hailed as a 'world-class talent' by owner Tony Khan

Fulham have announced the signing of Marseille midfielder Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa for an undisclosed fee understood to be around £30million.

The 22-year-old has signed a five-year deal with the Premier League newcomers, subject to a work permit being granted.

The Cameroonian told Fulham's official website: 'I am delighted to have signed for Fulham today. This is a new chapter in my career and one I'm really looking forward to.'

Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa has joined Fulham on a £30m deal from Marseille

Fulham owner Tony Khan stated in a tweet: 'I'm thrilled to announce that Fulham has signed Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa.

'Andre's great data profile, top scouting reports, and his sterling reputation confirm his world-class talent. He's been one of our top targets. We're excited that he's joining the club! Come on Fulham!'

Anguissa' arrival brought an end to a very busy day at Craven Cottage which saw no fewer than five players bolster the ranks.

The Cameroon international was hailed as 'world class' by the Fulham owner Tony Khan

Sergio Rico, Luciano Vietto and Timothy Fosu-Mensah all signed on loan while Joe Bryan joined on a permanent basis.

They signed ten players throughout the window including Aleksandar Mitrovic, Jean Michael Seri and Alfie Mawson.

Fulham mark their Premier League return with a London derby against Crystal Palace on Saturday afternoon at Craven Cottage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6045351/Fulham-complete-30m-deal-Andre-Frank-Zambo-Anguissa.html

WhiteJC

Strongest 4-3-3 Crystal Palace XI to face Fulham in the Premier League

Predicted Crystal Palace line-up to face Fulham in the Premier League

Crystal Palace start the new season this Saturday in fine form with a trip to Premier League newcomers Fulham who are back in the top-flight after four years away from the Premier League.

Roy Hodgson joined Palace last season, with the club at the bottom of the table following the sacking of Frank de Boer, and went on to guide the Eagles to an impressive 11th-place finish.

The London derby could prove to be a thoroughly entertaining match between the two sides.

Team News

Scott Dann is the only injury concern for Crystal Palace, while Hodgson could hand debuts to summer signings Cheikhou Kouyate and Vicente Guaita.

Meanwhile, Max Meyer, who joined Palace on a free transfer from Schalke, is still in the early stages of his pre-season training and he is not expected to be match-fit for the opener against Fulham on Saturday.

Probable Crystal Palace XI
Formation: 4-3-3
Manager: Roy Hodgson
Vicente Guaita (GK)

Vicente Guaita should start in goal against Fulham. The Spanish goalkeeper joined Palace on a free transfer from Getafe in the summer and should start ahead of Wayne Hennessy.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka (RB)

Wan-Bissaka started all of the first-team friendlies in pre-season and it is very likely that he could start ahead of Joel Ward at Craven Cottage.
James Tomkins (CB)

Rock solid at the back, Tomkins is aerially strong and if he can keep his injuries away, he can take his game to the next level.
Mamadou Sakho (CB)

Ever since Sakho arrived at Palace on loan in January 2017, he has been successful in forging a strong partnership with Tomkins at the heart of the defence.
Patrick van Aanholt (LB)

Patrick van Aanholt has cemented his place as the first-choice left-back with his dazzling performances last season. He is expected to start ahead of Pape Souare.
Luka Milivojevic (CDM)

Milivojevic finished the season as the top scorer for Palace last time around with 10 goals, and he is a certain starter at the heart of the midfield against Fulham.
James McArthur (RCM)

With Kouyate and Meyer lacking match fitness, James McArthur could start on the right-hand side of the midfield three.
Jeffrey Schlupp (LCM)

On the left of the midfield three for Palace, Schlupp should get a start at Craven Cottage after impressing in the pre-season.
Andros Townsend (RW)

Townsend has been fantastic in the pre-season and is expected to carry his form in the new season. Fast, industrious and creative, the wide man has a penchant for scoring long-range goals.
Wilfried Zaha (LW)

Palace's talisman, Zaha is a definite starter at the weekend. The Ivorian, with his blistering pace and skill-set, can wreak havoc against any defence.
Christian Benteke (ST)

Benteke struggled for goals last season but should be handed a start in the London derby.

https://soccersouls.com/2018/08/10/image-strongest-4-3-3-crystal-palace-xi-to-face-fulham-in-the-premier-league/

WhiteJC

The Fulham View

It is a very welcome return to the Premier League for Fulham so ahead of the opening day fixture in South-West London, TEB had a chat with presenter of popular television quiz show 'Pointless' and avid Fulham fan Richard Osman.

Q. Firstly, congratulations on Fulham returning to the Premier League – how was your day at Wembley?

Our win at Wembley was one of the greatest days of my life. I know winning play-off finals is a Palace speciality, but this was the first time Fulham had played at Wembley since 1975. We were pretty drunk throughout, we won promotion and we made John Terry cry. Football does not get any better than that.

Q. Did you envisage Fulham could have reached the promised land as the season kicked off?

We had had a really good end to the previous season, and we were playing good football, so hopes were pretty high. However, we started slowly again and those hopes soon died away. I do not think any of us predicted our 23-match unbeaten run.

Q. How did you become a Fulham fan, as we are led to believe your brother is in fact a Palace fan? We do hope he bought you a pint to celebrate promotion?

My brother, Mat, has always been a Palace fan, so I have always had a soft spot for the club. He started supporting the Eagles in the classic Vince Hilaire days. I have no idea why, I think when you grow up in Sussex you are supposed to support Brighton or Palace.

Q. How often are you able to watch Fulham at Craven Cottage?

I am a season ticket holder so I try to go to most home games. Occasionally in television, you have to work on Saturday's so sometimes you have to miss Fulham take on Rotherham United. I do not go to many away games, but I will definitely be going to Palace, Arsenal and Spurs next season. I get a nose bleed if I go too far East, so I will probably miss West Ham.

Q. Slavisa jokanovic has done a fabulous job this season, are you confident he can be a continued success in the Premier League?

Slav is a great manager. Tough as nails, and he is dying to prove himself in the top division. He plays exciting football, fast and attacking, so we will probably take a few hidings along the way, but it will be a fun ride.

Q. What are your thoughts on Crystal Palace as a club, and have you ever visited Selhurst Park?

I went to Selhurst Park a lot as a kid, because my brother went. I cannot wait to go back this season. I have met Steve Parish a couple of times, he is a very smart guy, and he has done a great job at Palace. Clubs like Palace and Fulham do not have the money of a top six side so we have to work harder and smarter than everyone else. Steve Parish does that, as do Shahid and Tony Khan at Fulham.

Q. We know Fulham fans have only nice things to say about Roy Hodgson, but was still a surprise to quite how much of an impact he had at Palace in turning things around after such a poor start?
Palace are now every Fulham fan's second team because we love Roy so much. That man has the freedom of Fulham until the end of time. The papers were a bit sniffy and snippy when you appointed him, but every Fulham fan in the country knew he would keep you up. I bet a lot of money on it, and I am not the only Fulham fan who did. God bless Uncle Roy!

OUR THANKS TO DAVE BURRELL FOR TALKING TO RICHARD AHEAD OF THE OPENING GAME OF THE SEASON AT CRAVEN COTTAGE

https://theeaglesbeak.com/2018/08/10/the-fulham-view/

WhiteJC

Fulham FC become the first promoted team to spend over £100 million (A$174 million) in the summer transfer window

The Fulham team create a huddle prior to the Sky Bet Championship Play Off Final.

FULHAM signalled their determination to stay in the Premier League by becoming the first promoted team to spend over £100 million (A$174 million) in the summer transfer window.

The Cottagers are preparing for their first Premier League campaign in four years and have added 11 players to their squad.

Slavisa Jokanovic completed some significant signings on deadline day in particular, with the club-record being smashed when $52m midfielder Andre-Frank Anguissa was brought in from Marseille.

He joined goalkeeper Sergio Rico from Sevilla and Luciano Vietto from Atletico Madrid in moving to Craven Cottage on the final day of the window.

In an abbreviated trading period when English top-flight clubs collectively spent more than 1.2 billion pounds, there was one notably anomaly by the close of the window.

For the first time since the summer transfer window was introduced 15 years ago, one team spent nothing: Tottenham.

The only addition to the north London club in the new season is a new stadium and even that won't be ready for the first month - at least.

London neighbours Fulham, on the other hand, are clearly showing their intent after their four-year exodus form England's top flight.

American owner Shahid Khan has funded the recruitment of 12 players for the west London club.

Manchester City may have set the standard for the chasing pack, but Fulham's summer signings show their clear intentions to compete with the Premier League's best.

FULHAM'S SUMMER SIGNINGS
Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa - Marseille, $52m

Jean Michael Seri - Nice, $44m

Aleksandar Mitrovic - Newcastle, $39m

Alfie Mawson - Swansea, $26.5m

Maxime Le Marchand - Nice, $17m

Joe Bryan - Bristol City, $10m

Andre Schurrle - Borussia Dortmund, loan

Fabri - Besiktas, undisclosed

Calum Chambers - Arsenal, loan

Sergio Rico - Sevilla, loan

Timothy Fosu-Mensah - Manchester United, loan

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/fulham-fc-become-the-first-promoted-team-to-spend-over-100-million-a174-million-in-the-summer-transfer-window/news-story/37abcfb47400527ab98fea038c0d3aac

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham v Crystal Palace

Palace kick off their 2018/19 Premier League campaign against newly-promoted Fulham at Craven Cottage, who returned to the top-flight after a four-year absence by winning the Championship play-off final against Aston Villa in May.

The game will see Roy Hodgson return to the club whom he guided to the UEFA Europa League final in 2010, and will be afforded a warm welcome by the home fans who haven't tasted much success since his departure.

That all changed last year when they reached the Wembley showpiece by stringing together a 23-game unbeaten run to finish third, and skipper Tom Cairney's goal clinched promotion at the Villans' expense.

Having quietly gone about his business during pre-season, Hodgson will be hoping his Palace side, who remained unbeaten throughout the summer, will begin their campaign with a win over a team who conversely won just one of their six pre-season friendlies.

Summer reshuffle at the Cottage
A busy summer in west London began when the Cottagers broke their transfer record to land Jean Michael Seri from Nice for £30 million, who is tipped to be a star in both defensive and attacking midfield positions, while German World Cup winner Andre Schurrle returned to the Premier League as the ex-Chelsea man joined on loan from Borussia Dortmund.

Spanish goalkeeper Fabri arrived from Beskitas and is set to challenge Marcus Bettinelli, while Alfie Mawson was captured from Swansea City for £15 million. Nice were then raided again for left-back Maxime le Marchand, while Callum Chambers has moved from Arsenal on loan.

However, their key capture saw them pay Newcastle United a reported £22 million to land Aleksandar Mitrovic, who netted 12 goals for Fulham on loan in the latter part of last season to help fire the Whites back into the big time.

Deadline day was equally busy, with Spanish international goalkeeper Sergio Rico, Bristol City defender Joe Bryan, Luciano Vietto on loan from Atletico Madrid and Timothy Fosu-Mensah who could face the team he spent last season on loan on Saturday.

View From The Opposition
Slavisa Jokanovic: "I believe we need to be more solid. In the Premier League if we are not solid we are going to be in a dangerous situation. We will have the quality.

"Probably I miss some power, some kilograms to be stronger. We gave many chances to Celta Vigo to score goals [in their final pre-season friendly]. If we give Crystal Palace these chances, we will pay."

Team News
Palace: Roy Hodgson has just one injury concern ahead of the start of the season, with only Scott Dann unable to feature during the summer as he continues his recovery from a knee injury sustained on New Year's Eve.

Full debuts could be handed to Max Meyer, Cheikhou Kouyate and Vicente Guaita, as well as deadline day arrival Jordan Ayew.

Fulham: New signing Mawson is out of action until September with a knee issue, but Dennis Odoi is available to play despite being sent-off in the Championship play-off final.

From that starting XI that beat Villa, Ryan Fredricks hs departed to West Ham United on a free transfer in the summer, while Matt Targett has returned to his parent club Southampton.

Matchday Officials
Mike Dean gets his season underway in west London, with Palace having won their last three games he was overseen – home games against Stoke City and Leicester City and the trip to Huddersfield Town in March.

Dean has been a good omen for the Eagles during his refereeing career, with Palace winning eight and drawing 10 of the 24 games he has taken charge of, stretching back to the 2004/05 campaign.

Referee: Mike Dean
Assistant Refs: Ian Hussin and Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Robert Jones

Matchday Stats
This will be the fifth Premier League meeting between Fulham and the Eagles, with the Cottagers losing just the first of those games in October 2004.

Each of the last three meetings between Fulham and Palace at Craven Cottage has seen exactly four goals scored.

Fulham have the lowest win rate in Premier League London derby matches, winning 25 of their 118 so far (21%).

Both of Palace's opening day wins in the Premier League have come in away games (Everton in 1997/98 and Norwich in 2015/16).

The Eagles won their last three Premier League games of 2017/18, scoring nine goals and conceding just one. They last won four in a row back in April 2017.

Slavisa Jokanovic's side are unbeaten in their previous 16 league games at Craven Cottage, keeping a clean sheet on 10 occasions in this run.

Palace are unbeaten in their last four away games, while only once previously have they gone five without defeat on the road under Roy Hodgson (in January 2018).

Head-to-Head

Fulham wins    Draws    Palace wins
League   
FA Cup   
League Cup   
Total   

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/match-preview-for-fulham-vs-crystal-palace-on-11-aug-18/

WhiteJC

Fulham Make Astute Signing To Fill Left-Back Void

Yesterday with the transfer deadline window fast approaching, we covered the possibility that Fulham, looking for a full-back, were looking to beat Aston Villa to the signature of Joe Bryan.

Our article, Click Here, covered the fact that although Bryan had undertaken a medical at Aston Villa, he'd received an offer to make that jump from the Championship to the Premier League and we questioned whether he'd have the ambition to chance his arm in the top-flight of English football.

Well, it turned out it was an offer Bryan couldn't refuse and yesterday he put pen-to-paper on a deal with our club and explaining his decision to sign for Fulham rather than Aston Villa, he's quoted by the local Bristol press; Bristol Post, as having remarked;

"Playing against Fulham the last couple of years, the style of play has really stood out to me and it will suit me.

"The opportunity to play in the Premier League is one you can't turn down as you may never get it again in your lifetime.

"I'm used to playing fast attacking football, so hopefully I can slot right in."

As a left-back who has impressed us, whenever our paths have crossed, the acquisition of Bryan will provide Fulham with the chance to allow Ryan Sessegnon to push forward and provide the attacking threat that helped propel the club to promotion last season.

At 24-years-of-age, Bryan is just the right age whereby he can flourish at our club and provide stability in his favoured role for several years to come.

In our opinion, it's a great signing and we wish Joe Bryan every success at Craven Cottage.

COYW's

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/fulham-make-astute-signing-to-fill-left-back-void/

WhiteJC

Fulham's first-choice XI for the 2018-19 season will be taken seriously

Liverpool, Wolves and West Ham United all did extremely well in the transfer window.

The three clubs are certainly ready for the 2018-19 Premier League campaign, which gets underway on Friday evening when Manchester United host Leicester City.

But the winners of the transfer window may be newly-promoted Fulham.

Slavisa Jokanovic's side became the first side promoted to the top flight to spend more than £100 million.

Aleksandar Mitrovic, Jean Michael Seri and Alfie Mawson arrived on permanent deals while Andre Schurrle and Calum Chambers were brought in on loan.

Fulham were concluding deals until the last minute; on deadline day, Joe Bryan and Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa were brought in permanently and Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Sergio Rico and Luciano Vietto were signed on loan.

The result is a team that could cause many surprises this season.

Fulham's first-choice XI

Let's take a look at how their starting line-up could look.

Goalkeeper: Sergio Rico

Defenders: Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Calum Chambers, Alfie Mawson, Joe Bryan

Midfielders: Andre Schurrle, Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa, Jean Michael Seri, Ryan Sessegnon

Strikers: Luciano Vietto, Aleksandar Mitrovic

That's a seriously impressive side.

It'll be interesting to see what line-up Jokanovic deploys when Fulham's campaign gets underway against Crystal Palace at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

Merson's assessment of Fulham's window
Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson heaped praise on the club for their business in the window, giving them an A grade.

"They've put their money where their mouth is," Merson said.

"Aleksandar Mitrovic, Alfie Mawson, Calum Chambers and Andre Schurrle have all played in the Premier League and you look at the Cardiff situation and very few of those have played in the Premier League, so that's a big advantage.

"A lot of people were after Mawson and Schurrle could be anything. I like Fulham and I like their business."

Fulham were a joy to watch in the Championship next season, and they're going to be equally entertaining this time around.

https://www.givemesport.com/1370122-fulhams-firstchoice-xi-for-the-201819-season-will-be-taken-seriously?autoplay=off

WhiteJC

FPL Dilemma – Ryan Sessegnon vs Diogo Jota – Fantasy Football Tips

We are back with the promoted teams, previously we compared, Neves & Cairney now we are going more attacking with wingers, Ryan Sessegnon and Diogo Jota. Again, they had impressive seasons in both team's promotion campaigns, but who will make the cut for our squads?

Here are our thoughts on this FPL Dilemma...

Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham, £6.5m)

At just 18 years old, Ryan Sessegnon took the Championship by storm to the surprise of many fans. Ryan Sessegnon started off at left back, progressing forward to a winger, somewhat like Gareth Bale at Tottenham.

Sessegnon looks to be a real talent and an exciting prospect for Fantasy Premier League managers as his potential to gain points could prove vital as a 5th midfielder. In the 2017/18 championship season, he made 48 appearances, scoring 16 times and bagging 8 assists. This is a phenomenal record for an 18 year old in the 2nd tier.

However, priced at £6.5m, is this a little steep for a 5th midfielder? Maybe so, he should be a one to watch for now until he proves his worth.

Diogo Jota (Wolves, £6.5m)

Another young attacking midfielder/winger that took the championship by its reigns is Portuguese Diogo Jota for Wolves.
Jota, like Neves came from FC Porto which again turned out to be an excellent signing. Last season the Portuguese winger made 43 appearances, scoring 17 goals and 5 assists. Again, just like Sessegnon this is a terrific record in the championship.

With so many attacking options with creativity and an eye for goal coming about in the promoted teams, it's difficult to choose who to utilise as a 5th midfielder.

The Verdict

Both players can be used in Fantasy Premier League squads as cheap alternatives in midfielc, however the progression of Ryan Sessegnon is truly exciting. He could be Fulham's Talisman this season and I can see him adapting to the Premier League quicker. That said however, it's worth keeping an eye on Jota as he could take the league by storm, but he could easily be rotated, depending on fixtures and fitness.

http://fplupdates.com/exclusive-articles/fpl-dilemma-ryan-sessegnon-vs-diogo-jota/

WhiteJC

fulhamfctv Update

Ahead of the Club's first fixture back in the Premier League this Saturday against Crystal Palace, fulhamfctv packages for this season are confirmed below.

Due to broadcast restrictions in the Premier League competition, the Club's popular live matchday video streams for overseas supporters will unfortunately no longer be available.

As a result of this change, the dedicated international subscription packages will not be available to buy.

Instead, all supporters based in the United Kingdom and overseas will be able to access the Club's live matchday audio commentary for all 38 Premier League matches, as well as cup competitions where permitted, via two fulhamfctv packages – the existing monthly £4.49 and £45 annual offering.

Fans currently subscribed to the 17/18 International Annual Package are advised that in order to continue watching or listening to fulhamfctv, when this package expires they will need to re-subscribe to one of the available subscriptions.

In addition to live audio commentary with Gentleman Jim and Jamie Reid, subscribers will also continue to enjoy match highlights and full match replays, as well as exclusive interviews and live streams from selected PL2 and U18s matches, starting this evening with enhanced coverage of Fulham's PL2 clash with Manchester United. Join Gentleman Jim and watch the action unfold at Motspur Park, kick-off 7pm.

fulhamfctv will continue to bring fans closer to the Club, as you enjoy exclusive behind-the-scenes access, player features, selected live PL2 matches from Motspur Park and Craven Cottage and much more.

*All existing £4.49 monthly and £45 annual subscriptions will automatically renew as appropriate.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/august/10/fulhamfctv-update