watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bettinelli

Started by FulhamKC, August 09, 2018, 11:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

Does anyone know if Bettinelli has been training this week?

ChesterTheTabby

Something is most certainly awry with him...he is without question our starting keeper in my opinion when healthy he has earned that over his last two seasons of waiting patiently and then being the man who is paramount to our unbeaten runs in both previous seasons.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Marcel_Gecov

Do we think he could have a bad injury?

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: maoconnor on August 09, 2018, 11:50:53 PM
Something is most certainly awry with him...he is without question our starting keeper in my opinion when healthy he has earned that over his last two seasons of waiting patiently and then being the man who is paramount to our unbeaten runs in both previous seasons.

Or, we are in a much tougher league now, and have hence signed 2 goalkeepers, both experienced at the higher level.

Jimsbeerbelly

It's not what people want to hear, but, Slav simply doesn't fancy him. Doesn't fancy Fabri either, hence the late move for Rico. If he did, He'd be no.1, with Fabri as backup, or, vise verse.

Last season, it was the best of a bad situation, Button was shocking, Betts stepped in, things improved, but, there's a massive golf between cutting it in the Championship, and then the Premiership.

For me, Betts is a Championship keeper, and will most likely go out on loan, now we've our 25 man squad.

lasse vigen

Great article in the telegraph about Fulham's transfer business and refers to Bettinelli's injury and thus our need to strengthen our keeper stocks...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/09/smooth-operators-fulham-finish-remarkable-summer-signings-thanks/amp/

lasse vigen

From the Telegraph article...

The newly-signed England international Alfie Mawson will miss the start of the season with injury as will goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli, hence the signing of Rico and earlier, the Spanish goalkeeper Fabri from Besiktas.

bill taylors apprentice

I don't accept the manager doesn't rate Bettinelli but that doesn't mean we cant do better.
Anyone observing him last season would have seen the strapping and what looked like to me the occasional nursing of an injury during games.
Also the fact he's been absent from pre season games strongly suggests he's not fit.

But its all assumption and he could be sold to qpr next week???

..FOF..

Bett is injured.... so logically we need to find a replacement for him.

The youth players are not ready, thus a reserve keeper is also needed.

Nothing to it.

Andy S

I don't think there is anything sinister here. At this level you need at least three top quality keepers. One in the first team one on the bench and a spare in case of injury. Yes Betts could be injured as he certainly throws himself around. Goalkeepers used to be roughly 5'8" tall. That has gone up and some keepers are now well over 6'0" tall. There is a bigger chance of injury throwing a large frame around. If Betts is carrying an injury that has been going on for a while, then now is the time to put it right as you cannot compete if you are not 100% fit. Good luck to Betts. But there is no way we would discard such a talent.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I have seen it said on here and another  Fulham fans website that Betinelli has a knee injury which requires surgery which obviously will keep him out of the team.

Has this been officially confirmed or is it just another rumour?

FulhamKC

All interesting thoughts on the situation, but no one has addressed my original question - does anyone know if Betts is/is not currently training?

Lighthouse

Quote from: FulhamKC on August 10, 2018, 02:09:09 PM
All interesting thoughts on the situation, but no one has addressed my original question - does anyone know if Betts is/is not currently training?

Well if he requires surgery on an injury I would guess not. He has not been in any pre season squad.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 10, 2018, 02:21:25 PM
Quote from: FulhamKC on August 10, 2018, 02:09:09 PM

Well if he requires surgery on an injury I would guess not. He has not been in any pre season squad.

Played 25  v Fenerbahce and 90 mins v Lyon

Barrett487

Quote from: maoconnor on August 09, 2018, 11:50:53 PM

I love the word awry !!

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on August 10, 2018, 08:57:27 AM
I have seen it said on here and another  Fulham fans website that Betinelli has a knee injury which requires surgery which obviously will keep him out of the team.

Has this been officially confirmed or is it just another rumour?

Perhaps he's still struggling with that horrible injury a couple of seasons ago. If I remember correctly he crashed into Matt Smith. It looked really nasty. I wouldn't be surprised if this is still causing him problems. It looked like the kind of injury that could end a career.

itombomb

Interesting he's kept the No.1 jersey.

hovewhite

Quote from: itombomb on August 10, 2018, 04:57:17 PM
Interesting he's kept the No.1 jersey.
I noticed that as well

Hatch007

Betts has been injured but trained today and will be on the bench tomorrow

copthornemike

Has Bettinelli been injured? SJ mentioned Ayite, Ream and Mawsom being injured in his press conference's but no reference to Marcus being injured.