watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-

Started by bog, August 11, 2018, 08:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Those of the battalion from the OSA surely cannot believe what is going on. On the 3 other occasions of promotion (two of which I recall) to the top fight I cannot believe these close season transfers in readiness! What is going on!

And did anyone hear rad 5 talking about the promoted clubs last night? Dion Dublin waxed lyrical as did presenter Darren Fletcher but David Moyes held back saying he will see how we go....

092.gif

Peabody

filham

A dozen new players, in fact a whole new team with two keepers costing a reported 100 million pounds. No one could have expected anything on this scale, it is breathtaking and really I just don't know how to handle it as in all these years of following Fulham we have never seen anything like this.

I remember our 1st promotion into the top flight in 1949 we had a very good team and that team was given the opportunity to perform in the 1st division the next season without change and they didn't do too badly.

Just hope all of these new players gel and develop the team spirit of last season.

Fernhurst

Certainly is surreal Captain, for us Soldiers weaned on the some of the eccentric signings over the last 60 years!
The thing is ———— Is Bryan better than PIKE.

Good to see you posting Mr P.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

cmg

Your post got me thinking about the 58/59 promotion side which a few of us will remember. That side, too, went almost unchanged into the First Division (PL equivalent) and finished 10th.

I racked my memory, aka Denis Turner's 'Complete Record', and found that the only signing we made was of Alfie Stokes from Tottenham who contributed 6 goals in 15 appearences in his only season with us.

bog

Quote from: cmg on August 11, 2018, 10:59:46 AM
Your post got me thinking about the 58/59 promotion side which a few of us will remember. That side, too, went almost unchanged into the First Division (PL equivalent) and finished 10th.

I racked my memory, aka Denis Turner's 'Complete Record', and found that the only signing we made was of Alfie Stokes from Tottenham who contributed 6 goals in 15 appearences in his only season with us.

The only other signing was Reg Stratton from Woking. I am one who will never forget that 58/59 squad.

092.gif 

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 11, 2018, 10:38:20 AM
Certainly is surreal Captain, for us Soldiers weaned on the some of the eccentric signings over the last 60 years!
The thing is ———— Is Bryan better than PIKE.

Good to see you posting Mr P.

I hope so! Three of the OSA here now!

092.gif

ron

I'm on parade too, waiting patiently in the ranks for Fulham glory as during the years since '55. Another few weeks won't hurt, because we've now got a squad in depth, and it'll take a few weeks to gel. Come on you whites!