more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Press Conf After game

Started by Lighthouse, August 11, 2018, 09:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Assessment of that game

"I believe we created something and at the end the keeper made a few great saves.

"It's a shame because we wanted to start the Premier League with a positive result, but we show some positive things and of course, we need to improve in many things.

"We tested this level and we feel this is our first real test to play in this competition and we find more power, more speed and more quality.

"We play against one of the Premier League teams, they know how they want to play and these players on the front, Benteke, Zaha and Townsend too, they make some kind of the difference and another part of the team is strong, fast and organised and we must adapt ourselves for this level."

Feel you should have had a penalty?

"For my position, yes, but for the referee he was in a better one and if he says it not, then it's not and that's it.

"I don't need to complain about this situation and I don't know, but for another side I must trust he take the right decision because I am 60 yards from this position, he is six.

"He decide no, then it's probably not."

Did Schurrle say it was?

"I prefer not to complain and I check on the screen but I am not sure."

Still need time to gel?

"I am confident, these people have two training sessions and only one and I use today Joe Bryan after working only one day with us and Vietto who was working only one day with us.

"I trust we can play better football than we can play today, normally all the coaches are talking about the time and we must speak altogether to work hard and adapt ourselves for the level where we are right now."

Bryan have some ankle problem - I cannot give you more answer than that.

I don't think it's so hard

Bettinelli update
We can Tweet what we want - I tweet sometimes too.

Bettinelli start working this week, first day to have opportunity to kick the ball and past two days he made complete work with the team and I am here to make decision with who is in the team

Seri
He showed the quality and first chance for him to test this level and adapt this competetion is not easy and at the end this player show the quality.

We try find some solution and he is not fresh enough and make change.

I can be satisfied with the level and we are disappointedwith this result and we want to make fans happy.

we found a great atmosphere and Premier League is back after four years.

Tough job is ahead of us and we must be optimistic and show we can be brave and we weren't shy.

We created chances and we hit 15 times, this is part of the statistics and we do some interesting things during the game too.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lyle from Hangeland

Thank the Lord he is in charge and not any of us couch managers.

HV71

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on August 11, 2018, 10:15:07 PM
Thank the Lord he is in charge and not any of us couch managers.
Amen . In Joka I trust !!!

Robbie

All round a very poor performance. As expected the team did not gel in time.
We have a long few months ahead.

General

Quote from: Robbie on August 11, 2018, 10:51:32 PM

Think that's a couch sofa remark. We had 60% possession against a team that ended up 11th last season and who are managed by Roy and who all know each other.

We should have had a penalty at 1-0 down and Fabri ballsed up for the second goal..

Even motd commented on hennesey's saves keeping palace in the game... and Roy..

First half minus that one lapse we were by far the better team and that was with clear areas we could improve on, like crossing, players not reading each others game properly.

Sorry but after one game back considering the amount of new signings and the performance I'm going to put you back in your box.

Give it at least 4-5 games to get a feel for the team, the squad and whether they start to improve in areas they can.

We all know there were some players who looked a bit off the pace but even those players gave cause for optimism.

Try and be more considered in your critiquing. Anyone can be critical in a generic sense like you have been but to add flesh to the bone or depth to the context would put you woefully short on your arguement.

Statto

Quote from: General on August 11, 2018, 11:02:50 PM

Think that's a couch sofa remark. We had 60% possession against a team that ended up 11th last season and who are managed by Roy and who all know each other.

We should have had a penalty at 1-0 down and Fabri ballsed up for the second goal..

First half minus that one lapse we were by far the better team and that was with clear areas we could improve on, like crossing, players not reading each others game properly.

Sorry but after one game back considering the amount of new signings and the performance I'm going to put you back in your box.

Give it at least 4-5 games to get a feel for the team, the squad and whether they start to improve in areas they can.

We all know there were some players who looked a bit off the pace but even those players gave cause for optimism.

Try and be more considered in your critiquing. Anyone can be critical in a generic sense like you have been but to add flesh to the bone or depth to the context would put you woefully short on your arguement.

+1

FFCSteve

I'm sorry! But I thought we played well for a team that played for the first time together. We dominated play. Crystal Palace were pretty poor! I would be really concerned as a palace supporter!
I don't know what game you watched? But apart from the result, I came away thinking our only real problem was the keeper!
We have injured and banned players in our squad. We will only improve! They played their strongest squad!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Lighthouse

Good performance, better finishing and better defending but we could have been two up before they got their goal and we should have had a penalty to equalise. Other than bring the better side I guess you could say it was a poor performance.  :016:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

We know we can get better, will Palace ?
Our best is yet to come. I thought we did well going forward. Some good passing movements, just could not get the final touch.
The defence will need time to get a familiarity, they were thrown in the deep end, but will float and not drown.
It's a long season, and nobody said it was going to be easy, but I see no reason why we cannot finish above Palace eventually. 
Fulham will serve up a feast of football for connoisseurs, and once we obtain that momentum, it should be some ride.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Snibbo

First half I was surprised how fluent we looked. By far the better team until a sucker punch goal just before half time.

But that's the Prem. We need to be street smart, otherwise it will happen a lot. The defence will get better. Seri and Cairney will gel. Mitro and Schurlle will build up an understanding. I suspect Vietto is going to be one hell of a player for us.

Shropshire Lad

We again played the possession game 66% and unlike the championship the opposition are fitter and wiser,consequently unlike last year where most of our goals were scored in the second half we must be more clinical first half.

Twig

You obviously didn't go then?

Mince n Tatties

I thought it was a fair performance considering all the new debutants,some surprisingly good performances and some disappointing ones..Coyw

hovewhite

Thought we were very good with a new team first half and felt we should have gone in half time in front,once they took the lead they had the nous to sit back and play on the counter in typically Roy fashion.
Even more important this season we have to make some of those 14 opportunities we made count into goals,also think defensively another player alongside k Mac.

Holders

Quote from: Statto on August 11, 2018, 11:05:44 PM
Quote from: General on August 11, 2018, 11:02:50 PM

+1

+2
Non sumus statione ferriviaria